Back from Turkey

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Had a week's holiday in Turkey and only been back since this weekend (and a night flight - oh, boy, won;t be doing that again. :) ).

Lovely place, but a week was never enough time, but at least I got a taste of the place - did some driving from Olu Deniz to Patara for the beach (kids) and the ancient ruined city (for us).

Didn't have my laptop while away - took a holiday from the internet as well - didn;t log on straight away the day I was back as various notifications suggested IO was turning into a mess again - I mean, seriously, I'm away for just a week...

In the meantime, here's a couple of pics while I tidy up:

ADDED: More here - Turkey holiday

Attachments

• turkey-1.jpg
    turkey-1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 293
  • turkey-2.jpg
    turkey-2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 293
  • turkey-3.jpg
    turkey-3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 283
Great pics!!
Glad you enjoyed and are all home safe :)

Shame about Greymare making trouble again but hopefully soon she will be over with Q who being a seaman will know the correct knots to keep her suitably restrained ;)

oh memories, l went there last year [but didn't do the gliding off the mountain!]; went on a cruise to butterfly valley, did you get there? [old hippie commune where you can camp and help out in the fields..now more yuppie]

Great pics!!
Glad you enjoyed and are all home safe :)

Shame about Greymare making trouble again but hopefully soon she will be over with Q who being a seaman will know the correct knots to keep her suitably restrained ;)

LOL. Still waiting............waiting.....(and as for the restraints etc, thats private.) LOL:eek:;)

Those are indeed nice images.... But not a balanced look at Turkey, I recall getting off the plane and having legless beggers, (most cause by the hands of their own parents) begging me and every other tourist for money... I didn't like Turkey. :/

You can find beggers anywhere though, how many do you come across in your town center?

I've expereinced Turkish culture but never been to Turkey. I got a Visa a couple of times last year and visited the occupied part of Cyprus. Its like one step and I was in a different universe.

oh memories, l went there last year [but didn't do the gliding off the mountain!]; went on a cruise to butterfly valley, did you get there? [old hippie commune where you can camp and help out in the fields..now more yuppie]

We were in Lykia World by Olu Deniz - sounds like you were pretty close as well. :)

Didn't get to do anywhere near as much as I wanted - bad planning on my part - but still enjoyable. :)

well a week flys by, especially with bairns..and the heat slows you down too, l went in may and that was hot enough..anyone going abroad in july are hardcore sun worhippers or mad dogs and englishmen!!

Or else was sat by a lot of swimming pools. :)

don't, now you're making me jealous! in some selfish way l kinda like the idea of climate warming so that we can dive into the north sea and not get a heart attack!

It's not the cold that does that. It's knowing what's in it. ;)

Back