Generation 42

Azure24

Reaction score
This was posted by someone from another forum...

As every one here knows,the bible is inerrant,the perfect Word of God.There are no mistakes to be found within it's pages (this is 'togue in cheek'),so when we come across statements that seem to be inaccurate,that stick out,you can believe that there is a reason and significance that was planned by the book's inspirer---God.The same is true for any mathematics and accounting in the text.With that in mind lets look at something...........

Matt 1:17 "So all the generations from Abraham to David are FOURTEEN generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are FOURTEEN
generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon into CHRIST are FOURTEEN generations."

Now if you take out your bible and read the names you will find that something is amiss. We should end up with 42 generations with Christ being the 42nd name on the list. But He isn't. Christ is infact number 41. There is one generation missing. So who is number 42? Who is THIS generation? Who are Christ's decendents and bare His name? Listen Up real CHRISTains I am talking about you.

Isaiah 53;8-10 "He was taken from prison and from judgment: and WHO SHALL DECLARE HIS GENERATION? for He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the
transgression of my people was He stricken. And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death; because He had done no violence, neither
was any deceit in His mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him, He hath put Him to grief, when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, HE SHALL
SEE HIS SEED, HE SHALL PROLONG HIS DAYS, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand."

Psalm22:30-31 ''A seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for A GENERATION. They shall come, and shall DECLARE HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS unto a people
that shall be born, that He hath done this."

I Peter 2:9 . . . "BUT YE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, a royal
priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

Now here is the icing on the cake-----Rev.11:15----"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of OUR LORD AND OF HIS CHRIST; and He shall reign forever and ever."

Now if Jesus is LORD then WHO is His Christ?-------Psalms 2--"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord,
and against His ANNOINTED
(Christ), saying, Let us break THEIR bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh; the
Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my HOLY HILL
OF ZION. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, THOU ART MY SON: this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the
heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. THOU SHALT BREAK THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON: THOU SHALT
DASH THEM IN PIECES LIKE A POTTER'S VESSEL
."
The annointed (Psalm 18:50, 20:6, 28:8) the overcomer (I John. 4:4, 5:4), (Rev. 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:26, 3:5, 3:12) , the few (Matthew 7:14, 9:37, 20:16, 22:14), (Rev. 3:4) the chosen (Matthew 20:16, 22:14) (Mark 13:20), (John. 15:16, 19) (Acts 10:41), (Rev. 17:14) the body OF CHRIST (Romans. 12:5) (Eph 4:12, 5:23,) ----this IS the 42nd generation

This must be the last generation....Question is, how long will this generation last?

This must be the last generation....Question is, how long will this generation last?
Until every soul has a chance to know God.

Hey Azure, when you pull something from another place, please make sure to credit the person who originally wrote it, ok? :)

Wouldn't want to infringe upon anyone's intellectual property rights...

v/r

Q

Very nice, Azure.

To confirm what you are saying, Luke mentions this in another way so you can triangulate with it. We x-ray here an underlying teaching that JBaptist & Jesus announced either Jubilee or the precursor to the big Jubilee, the time of rest.

Luke 1:24 Jesus quotes the following (about himself) from Isaiah: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because he anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor: He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives, And recovering of sight to the blind, To set at liberty them that are bruised,..." He is clearly announcing the arrival of spiritual Jubilee (or a spiritual Jubilee). This coincides well with your count of generations. Apparently generation 42 kicks off a sort of seventh Jubilee, and it explains why the apostles were so anxious to see restoration during their lifetimes, although they did not see it. This is a little perplexing, but what isn't?

It relates to the celebration of Jubilee.(Lev 25) Jubilee was a beautiful Sabbath intended to reduce poverty and increase equality in Israel. It was to remind Israel's people of a lofty spiritual goal, a time (I think) when suffering could be eliminated. Similary, Christianity believes that the festivals and temple worship were shadows of something better to come.

By Moses, micro Jubilees were supposed to happen every seven years, and every 50th was a BIG Jubilee that lasted through a year -- maybe for 8 years(not sure). During Jubilees captives were released, and in big jubilee property ownership reverted back to the associated tribes and families. The original inheritance lines were reinstated and the country was restored. All of this was symbolic of the hope that the ultimate time of rest would come, the time of restoration which would be somehow related to the return of Elijah the seer.(Mal 4:5)

Though its a cut and paste I appreciate you bringing this quote over, too. Just like Qhahom I would like to know where you found it if that's ok? Don't be shy!

Hi all.

I would love to post the persons name on this forum, but the problem is that this is a quote of a quote (as you would say). And the original quoter of the other forum couldn't remember the name of the original poster. I can of course name the quoter but then again do they deserve any more credit than myself? BTW it is from a forum in a website called Bible Truths. Just look at the thread at the end. (I personally think all should check out the main website :)).

Anyhow Dream, interesting point. It is very similar to something I have posted before. I will post it but I must warn you (like most of my posts) it is quite long. Ok here goes...

There is a beautiful type in the Old Testament that clearly demonstrates when and in what manner all these Unsaved masses will be saved. This Old Testament type is illustrated all through the New Testament, but many of the blind and unperceiving eyes of Christendom have for the most part failed to see it, believe it, or teach it.
The American Heritage College Dictionary: "type n 6. A figure, representation, or symbol of something to come, such as an event in the Old Testament that foreshadows another in the New Testament," p. 1485. There are many such types beginning back in the the first chapter of Genesis.
Here are just two examples: The Passover in ancient Israel was a type of its true fulfillment to come in our Lord's crucifixion, "Purge out therefore the old leaven that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened [but now speaking spiritually]. For even Christ our PASSOVER [Lamb] is sacrificed [crucified] for us " (I Cor. 5:7). And James 1:18 clearly demonstrates the foreshadowing of the firstfruits harvest by saying: "Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a KIND of firstfruits [of the Spring Harvest] of His creatures [not farm products]." It is also important to note that whenever the word "first" is used, it always suggests more to follow -- there is never a Spring harvest without a following Fall harvest. We will now consider three of the Old Testament types that center on the harvest seasons.

In ancient Israel there were three times in the year when all men were to appear before God:
  1. THE WAVE SHEAF (Feast of Unleavened Bread and Passover): "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf OF the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest ... And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the FIRST year for a burnt offering unto the Lord" (Lev. 23:10-12).

COMMENT: This wave sheaf of the very first of the firstfruits is a type of our Lord Who was the perfect Lamb without blemish offered in the Spring on Passover. "But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the FIRSTFRUIT of them that sleep" (I Cor. 15:20). Jesus is not the entire firstfruits but rather "the firstfruit OF them that sleep." He is the firstfruit OF the firstfruit or more precisely the "wave sheaf OF the firstfruits." Firstfruit is a term that pertains to agriculture and harvesting. It was never a theological term until introduced into the New Testament with regards to a small number who would be saved prior to a much larger number to be saved later.
  2. THE FIRSTFRUITS (Feast of Weeks): "All the best of the oil , and all the best of the wine, and of the wheat, the FIRSTFRUITS of them which they shall offer unto the Lord, them have I given thee ... And whatsoever is FIRST RIPE in the land which they shall bring unto the Lord, shall be thine..." (Num. 18:12 & 13). "And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O Lord, has given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the Lord thy God" (Deut. 26:10).

COMMENT: The type in the New Testament of this Old Testament symbol is the Believer. Notice what James tells us, "Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of FIRSTFRUITS of His creatures" (James 1:18). Now a very important point: How far down the road in prophecy can we go until we reach the end of the firstfruits? In Rev. 7:4-8 we read of the sealing of the 144,000 (remember also people the number 144,000 is not a LITERAL number, after all Revelation is a book of SYMBOLS). These are a different group from the great innumerable multitude, which no man could number, from every nation and tongue spoken of beginning in verse 9.

In Chapter 14:1 & 4 we are told specifically who these 144,000 are: "And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand [notice that the innumerable multitudes from all nations is not mentioned here] ... These are they which were not defiled with women, for they are virgins [as in the Bride of Christ]. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, BEING THE FIRSTFRUITS unto God and to the Lamb" (Rev. 14:1 & 4). So every believer from the Apostles to the 144,000 just prior to the return of Jesus Christ to establish His reign on the earth, is called and likened to FIRSTFRUITS! So what does this have to do with the lake of fire? EVERYTHING! Everyone saved before the Day of Judging is likened to firstfruits, so there will be no more firstfruits after the white throne judgment.

Paul tells us in Rom. 8:23, "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the FIRSTFRUITS of the Spirit..." Nowhere do we read of the "LASTFRUITS," but whenever something is FIRST we also know there is something to follow. Nor are there any references to any "ONLYFRUITS." The firstfruits are clearly not the ONLY fruits! Follow this very closely now, for you are in for a big shock when you understand the type in the fall festival of Tabernacles—the great fall harvest.
  3. THE END-OF-THE-YEAR FEAST OF INGATHERING (Feast of Tabernacles):"And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou has sown in the field and the FEAST OF INGATHERING, which is in the END OF THE YEAR, when you have gathered in thy labours out of the field" (Ex. 23:16).

"Thou shall observe the FEAST OF TABERNACLES seven [number of perfection] days, after that you have gathered in your corn and your wine: And you shall REJOICE IN YOUR FEAST, you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the widow, that are within your gates [that’s just about EVERYONE, wouldn’t you say?]. Seven days [here’s that perfect number again] shall you keep A SOLEMN FEAST [a very important feast to God] unto the LORD your God in the place which the Lord shall choose: because the Lord thy God shall bless you in all your increase, and in all the works of your hands, therefore you shalt surely REJOICE" (Deut. 16:13-15). Here truly was a festival in which EVERYONE, every single person in all Israel, and also did you notice, "the STRANGER" who was NOT an Israelite could really REJOICE! THIS FESTIVAL WAS THE HAPPIEST TIME OF THE YEAR! Do we think it will have no fulfillment in God’s grand plan of salvation?

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, the fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the FEAST OF TABERNACLES for seven days unto the LORD. On the first day shall be an holy convocation: you shall do no servile work therein. Seven days you shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the EIGHTH DAY shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by FIRE unto the LORD: it is a SOLEMN assembly; and you shall do no servile work therein" (Lev. 23:34-36). Why is the profound and marvelous truth of this festival not taught in its proper chronological order by the prophets of Christendom? How is it even possible to avoid seeing the powerful and glorious consummation of God’s salvation in this Fall Harvest Festival? Why is the truth of this GREAT FEAST being hidden from the eyes of the world? What is it that they are trying to hide from us? God’s Word will show us.
I can expand on this if anyone cares...

I follow what you said. It has been forgotten by many. I think people are starting to study these things though. Honestly, what else do you suggest to remedy widespead disinterest or ignorance? It is just a slow thing. By-the-way, you should see the movie Ushpizin . Its a culturally explicit Israeli film with a good story and a modern interpretation of the feast of tabernacles: very interesting! I guarantee you'd buy the t-shirt afterwards. Big t-shirt with a big, bright green lime on it!

Hi All.

Ah, interesting Dream...Haven't heard of it, but just read info in Wikipedia. I 'll check it out. Thanks :)

Back