Born Again

Postmaster

Reaction score
I've decided to become a Christian again.

To be honest I never fully left Christianity in the first place I guess I was slightly lost.

However I've decided to consider myself an Esoteric Christian. Anyone that considers themselves Christian of any sort is to some extent Esoteric because every single person is unique and every single person has a different perspective.

I believe compassion to be the greatest path one can turn to, I believe compassion brings us closer to everything we need and God. I also believe that Eastern religions such as Jainism, Buddhism and Hinduism to be very compassionate religions which I admire alot. To me Jesus brings compassion into the Abrehamic monthiest tradition which suits me very well. No other Abrehamic religion even implys to love your enemy. I don't care how previous Christians have behaved, I'm a true observer of the word.

So does this mean what exactly?
You think that Jesus is the Messiah and one needs believe on Him to be saved from roasting in mythical hell after one lifetimes opportunity to redeem thy pathetic self???
Maybe explain what you mean, if you please.
Esoteric to me implies a more allegorical interpretation of the religion.
In which case I am inclined in similar ways.

I myself believe that God is present in most all world religions. Surely God can reveal Himself to all peoples no matter what system of belief one adheres to. God is certainly immensely bigger and greater than we are. His grace most assuredly extends beyond our religious ideologies, dogmas, and human imaginations.

It is my belief that He makes Himself available to everyone through the power of His all encompassing love. I believe that true religion is pure and undefiled. It is the cause of love and unity among all people. If religion becomes the cause of conflict, strife and enmity, then we must ask ourselves if this is truly what our Creator intended.

To be born again for me implies a change of heart - No matter the medium we feel has made that change in us. I think Christ works in unbelievers as well - as is witnessed by the 'fruits' they produce in life. It's all about the heart, and what we allow ourselves to become [imo]

GK

I've decided to become a Christian again.

To be honest I never fully left Christianity in the first place I guess I was slightly lost.

However I've decided to consider myself an Esoteric Christian. Anyone that considers themselves Christian of any sort is to some extent Esoteric because every single person is unique and every single person has a different perspective.

I believe compassion to be the greatest path one can turn to, I believe compassion brings us closer to everything we need and God. I also believe that Eastern religions such as Jainism, Buddhism and Hinduism to be very compassionate religions which I admire alot. To me Jesus brings compassion into the Abrehamic monthiest tradition which suits me very well. No other Abrehamic religion even implys to love your enemy. I don't care how previous Christians have behaved, I'm a true observer of the word.

great news Postmaster,

stick with Jesus he wont let you down :)

Been reading this today

1 Corinthians 1:18-30 (New International Version)

Christ the Wisdom and Power of God

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."[a] 20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
many people mock Christianity but so what, simple faith is all that required I think so anyway.

No other Abrehamic religion even implys to love your enemy. I don't care how previous Christians have behaved, I'm a true observer of the word.
Namaste Postmaster,

Welcome back to the fold, however while I can't site the scriptures, I believe that Judaism and Islam are both peaceful religions if that is the focus of the practice.

As you indicate...how Christians act in the past, and present...we Christians are perfectly willing to murder (yeah, but) and the whole love your enemy concept is lost on all but a few.

The whole my belief is better than your belief concept just turns my stomach.

Postmaster, just admit it - you're a Christian Panentheist. :)

Namaste Postmaster,

Welcome back to the fold, however while I can't site the scriptures, I believe that Judaism and Islam are both peaceful religions if that is the focus of the practice.

As you indicate...how Christians act in the past, and present...we Christians are perfectly willing to murder (yeah, but) and the whole love your enemy concept is lost on all but a few.

The whole my belief is better than your belief concept just turns my stomach.

True, but if you’re a compassionate person racism, superiority, any kind of discrimination and ill treatment automatically becomes destroyed!

Its common sense that people don't need a book to be good and its common sense that a book won't make you good. All human beings are equal we are part of the same family!

But if I had to support a book, it would be one that says love your enemys, therefore if I do this I automatically can not cause anyone harm. Eastern traditions believe in reincarnation and some are poly thiestic or non thiestic, so Chrsitianity is perfect.

Postmaster, my sincerest condolences :p

Thank you :p

Is my reasoning flawed?

Sure there has been a lot of bad Christians but what do you expect when its the largest religion in the world? Of course your going to get your black sheeps and then we ue them as reasons to rebel against a peaceful word altogether! Sometimes it takes time away from something to understand its true value.

I myself believe that God is present in most all world religions. Surely God can reveal Himself to all peoples no matter what system of belief one adheres to. God is certainly immensely bigger and greater than we are. His grace most assuredly extends beyond our religious ideologies, dogmas, and human imaginations.​

It is my belief that He makes Himself available to everyone through the power of His all encompassing love. I believe that true religion is pure and undefiled. It is the cause of love and unity among all people. If religion becomes the cause of conflict, strife and enmity, then we must ask ourselves if this is truly what our Creator intended.​

To be born again for me implies a change of heart - No matter the medium we feel has made that change in us. I think Christ works in unbelievers as well - as is witnessed by the 'fruits' they produce in life. It's all about the heart, and what we allow ourselves to become [imo]​

GK​

Nice thats great. I don't believe there is any religion better then the other, I'am simply following my heart and Jesus has given me a path. Although I did say compassion is the best path but compassion doesn't negatively dominate so I guess i'am allowed to say that.

Hi,
I agree it has to do with the heart. Starts with a serious inventory of one's self. Grasping for a new standard with life.
Postmaster, a question if I may. Do you believe Jesus is G-d? Do you believe G-d has shown you that Jesus' "way" is the path to salvation (or whatever other state any here would like to interpret salvation as)? Is there a difference between these two?

Hey J

I haven't figured these questions out, I'd say Jesus is God at least in some respect.

Been reading this today

many people mock Christianity but so what, simple faith is all that required I think so anyway.

Christianity is the way of the fool in human eyes. If Christianity is glorified by men or become mainstream, it has gone astray.

I'm not sure I would call Christianity simple. It might be easy to understand, but it is not easy to accept. Kierkegaard has good perspective:
The Bible is really easy to understand, but we purposly think that it is not. We like to interpret it how we want. Because if the Bible means what it says, we must act accordingly.
There can be no other character in human history that has been more sugarcoated than Jesus, his radical wisdom been pacified to a harmless comfortable religion. Faith without works is dead indeed.

We are saved through faith, that part is easy. But with salvation comes a call to follow Jesus, to go the way of the cross. And that way of the cross is NOT simple or easy, at least not without guidance from the Holy spirit. To love your enemies as well as our friends, to feed them, to care for them and never ever seek vengeance or violence in any form. Just listen to the profound words written in Matthew 25:31-46. Tough words, they are so true it hurts to look at. The believers are the new body of Christ, given power through the spirit he gave us to do deeds that even exceeded his own (John 14:12).
I don't know about you, but sometimes it scares me how much I fail to follow a Master who I love so dearly.

Back