Alzheimer's genes found?

Seems to be a link between using aluminum cookwear (and tinfoil) and Alzheimers,

Turmeric extract seems to be effective in countering this.

I am of the opinion that the majority of humanities ills are a result of either malnutrition or exposure to toxins, or a combination of both.

But such an explanation doesn't make money for big pharma so it gets downplayed by all the spin-doctors on the big pharma payroll.

I heard it was Turmeric, Mustard, and Curry. I cannot remember the source, however. Are you sure its just Turmeric?

Funny that, how the medical establishment (who makes tons of money from treatments of genetic conditions downplays the nutrition and toxicity issues).
How coincidental.
Mercury toxicity will cause zinc to pile up as the mechanism gets all fudged up by the mercury bonding to things. So that could explain the high zinc levels.
And aluminum....so healthy, so natural, should be a condiment.:rolleyes:

Alzheimer's etiology is far more complex than the simple-minded sorts at the BBC or other popular press outlets would make it out to be. Is it genetic? Is it environmental? The answer is turning out to be "Yes." There is no single cause, but a set of cascading risks that can lead to the disease.

I heard it was Turmeric, Mustard, and Curry. I cannot remember the source, however. Are you sure its just Turmeric?

Curcumin, which is found in turmeric, is giving us some very interesting results in my laboratory. However, we are finding that a mixture of curcumin and related curcuminoids may be more effective in neuroprotection. This is very preliminary research. If you want some things that have been shown to help, the following are clinically proven:

Exercise (prevents physical damage to circulatory system).
Low-fat diet (prevents physical damage to brain via circulatory system damage).
Continuing, life-long education (use it or lose it).

Curcumin, which is found in turmeric, is giving us some very interesting results in my laboratory. However, we are finding that a mixture of curcumin and related curcuminoids may be more effective in neuroprotection. This is very preliminary research. If you want some things that have been shown to help, the following are clinically proven:

What kind of lab work do you do?

If you want some things that have been shown to help, the following are clinically proven:

Thank you for that information.

What kind of lab work do you do?

Specifically? EMSA-based assays, western blots, cloning, subcloning, ChIP.

Thematically, I investigate gene promoters for AD-related genes. Some of my labmates are more translational and do drug-related work.

Slightly tangential to the topic, I read online that exercise can stimulate growth of new neurons in our brains, possibly improving working memory and focus. They linked to an article in Neuro Molecular Medicine.

SpringerLink - Journal Article

Back