I like you Marsh, but read between lines, and look at the bigger picture, bro. No matter how small our blessings may seem, they are large enough to share with others, whereby we ourselves become the blessing. Do you honestly believe that we are to sit idle and simply wait for something better? Again, Do you really expect to inherit something you aren't willing to work for today?
Or, maybe some can just see past your future, Marsh. It's humbling, but I think you need to consider that.Marsh said:[your] heart's in the right place, but you're looking at things as if the world is an ideal place where everything that should happen will happen, and that just ain't the way it is.
Or, maybe some can just see past your future, Marsh. It's humbling, but I think you need to consider that.
And by your I don't just mean your own future, I mean ANY future in which people still haven't caught on. I think you recognize that it WOULD be nice IF people caught on. Now consider, there are many, MANY who work for just such a future. I may only know a few hundred personally, but I also know that there are many thousands. In fact, probably tens - maybe hundreds - of thousands.
Some have said that it might only take, say 10% of the world's population to catch on. Then the rest would follow suit, if only because it's trendy at first, but later because they can see with their own eyes what a difference it makes. And I believe that. We're getting there, just give us time ... and help, as you're doing!
Apparently, quite a few other folks believe in this vision and set of Ideals too. Some are Christian; some aren't. Some are religious, some aren't. Doesn't seem to matter, if your heart's in the right place. But I do agree that it takes Active Intelligence in addition to a pure heart and good intentions. That Intelligence has to WORK itself out, through our actions, as you indicate. It has been said,"There is no human problem that cannot be solved with intelligence and love."
Indeed. Now try and stick with it - and don't succumb to doubt, hopelessness and fear."Imagine all the pee-ple,
living for today... ah-AHHHHH, AHHHHhhhhhhhhh...."
Yep. Have patience, have patience. To err is human; to forgive ...Marsh said:But there are countries, and there are possessions, and there is religion, and there are greed and hunger, and people do live for tomorrow, and there is no brotherhood of man, and John Lennon was shot dead in New York, which like any city is full of people who didn't buy what he was selling.
No, I think God probably already `resides' (lives, exists, can be found) within the Kingdom of Heaven. It's despite resistance within humanity that we shall establish the Kingdom, wherein brother does still find fault with brother, where we do still fight each other. We will do this BECAUSE there are, or will be, sufficient numbers who work and live with God in their hearts, minds, words and actions!Marsh said:It really sounds to me like we're talking about building the Kingdom of Heaven despite God. That's why I asked if we were going to charge him admission.
Only ignorance, fear and hate form this division. These are our true enemies, and they pretty much exist only within the human heart. This is how we have become our own worst enemy. When we fall prey to these dividing factors, the 10% have it very difficult trying to fulfil their obligation to the other 90%.Marsh said:If you had 10% of the earth's population on your side, you'd still have 90% against you. And no, there would not be a big bunch of them in the middle; when it comes to the Kingdom of Heaven, everyone chooses a side.
I believe in the Christ as the Lord of Lords, the Master of Masters, the Teacher alike of Angels and of Humanity. His `act' (Ministry, model, Good Works and `miracles') may be a hard one to follow, but I do believe that His is one of the greatest examples that we can learn to live by. Then again, if we don't pay close attention to these last four words, we sell ourselves, Christ, and each other short ... so I would never claim to be an exemplar or a role model.Marsh said:By the way, are you a Christian?
Luke 17:21"nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."What kind of Place is the Kingdom of Heaven on earth ?
The Kingdom of heaven on earth is made of ideal families living in harmony with each other.
And thus, even if just ONE, LONE PERSON keeps his cool and maintains his seat, staying calm, while the other nine begin to panic and rock the boat ... that ONE MAN (more likely a woman, actually) can save the day.
Only ignorance, fear and hate form this division. These are our true enemies, and they pretty much exist only within the human heart. This is how we have become our own worst enemy. When we fall prey to these dividing factors, the 10% have it very difficult trying to fulfil their obligation to the other 90%.
What kind of Place is the Kingdom of Heaven on earth ?
The Kingdom of heaven on earth is made of ideal families living in harmony with each other.
This is the plan God gave in Gen 1:28 to our first ancestors in the garden "Create the first ideal family"
Unfortunately God's lineage was tainted during their fall. God lost His sinless lineage ever since .....
God's providence of salvation has been to bring forth the ideal family he lost in the garden starting from a sinless Messiah as the second Adam.
This is how I understand Jesus' mission.
No, I don't think that man was created to sit. I also don't believe that man was created to be glorified. I think that man was created to work. And I think that the simple works of man are what is beautiful in God's eyes: that his creation would be satisfied with the simple things in life.
If we were meant to be content and satisfied with all that is, then pain and suffering would not exist, Marsh. The parable of the talents shows us that we are not to be slothful with what we have, but to make increase, no? Ambition is not a sin; it is needed and helpful when well placed.IMAGINE THIS: A world full of people who are content with what they've been given, because they know who God is, and give thanks to him for whatever they've been given (i.e. the parable of the talents). To me, this is the beginnings of the Kingdom of Heaven. What you describe would also be wonderful, if it was possible, but in realistic terms I really don't think it is possible because there are just too many ambitious people inside the churches of this world, who are serving not for God's sake, but for their own.
NOTHING will happen if we remain slothful, never pursuing our treasures. Obviously the world is not ideal; if it were we would not be pursuing anything at alll. Anything worth doing is worth working for. You can wait for something better if you like. I will continue to work in hope that my efforts will actually make a difference (If only a small one). "I may only be one person, but I am one. I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can."My wife and I started a charity in Vietnam to help the village where she's from. It's simple, and it's quite effective. No church we've ever been part of has ever wanted anything to do with our charity, because it's not CHURCH-SANCTIONED. That is to say, if they don't get their name set up as the headliner, they're not interested in playing. That is the reality that we're dealing with, guy; you're heart's in the right place, but you're looking at things as if the world is an ideal place where everything that should happen will happen, and that just ain't the way it is.
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."Remember: Jesus traveled with the gospel, but he seldom looked for an audience; the crowds generally came to him. My wife and immediate family-in-law converted to Christianity not because of anything I ever said to them, but because they saw the way that I treat others, compared it with the way that other people act, and saw that Christ is real. That's the irony of the whole thing: churches have acted as if one needs to endeavour to teach people about Christ, as if Jesus is a tough pill to swallow.
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Listen carefully: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works..."
Is Jesus talking about "the church" as a whole, or each individual Christian? I believe he was talking to each individual Christian.
And what brings glory to the Father? Going off and doing grand things so as to build up the power of denominational churches? Or is it something smaller?
Whether or not we each are able to do great things is irrelevant (Imo). God gave to some five talents, and to others less, but we are each charged with making increase no matter what our capabilities may be.