Ok, relax, I'm here now...

Rob

מלכות האלוהים הוא בתוך
Reaction score
...:D

Hello everyone.
In due course I would hope to have many discussions with enlightened individuals that can play a part in finding my rightful place within my head, heart and soul.
I know I am passionatly religious and have absolute faith. But I have no idea what denomination, I seem to be out there on my own. Its not a bad place to be though.

I cannot rest with the notions of the established religious institutions, it always feels like there are aspects I don't agree with and if I follow that faith, its no longer faith... if you are not faithful to yourself and your soul then faith has been left behind.
Oh well, nice to be here. :p

Ok, relax, I'm here now...

I wondered why I was feeling tense. :)

Snoopy.

Hi Rob and welcome to the Interfaith forums. :)

Hi Rob. Welcome to the show. The first act starts in 5 minutes, so get your costume on ASAP!

Dream

Thank you all, especially Greymare, I like that philosophy.

Hello and greetings, Rob!

What greymare said is as down-to-earth as you can get. Your journey is your journey. Don't let your belief system contradict what you "know," or "believe" to be right or wrong. You can't argue with yourself, so don't even try.

Don't think in terms of denominations, dogma, theology or doctrine. Think in terms of individuals, opinions, experiences, ideology and perspectives. Think in terms of people. Think about yourself. This may or may not be a "whole new way of thinking" for you. A lot of Christians just copy the behaviours of other Christians, thinking that that is "the way." Christians are the worst example of Christianity you will ever see or experience. Don't emulate their phenomenon. Create your own. Be yourself. You are just the way God wanted you, even if others don't accept that, even Christians.

Do not choose to be small like the Borg. Choose to be unique. Be part of a collective of individuals, not a collective of conformist drones.

This may not be the kind of journey you would like to take, but don't worry, you will adapt . . .

Hello and greetings, Rob!

What greymare said is as down-to-earth as you can get. Your journey is your journey. Don't let your belief system contradict what you "know," or "believe" to be right or wrong. You can't argue with yourself, so don't even try.

Don't think in terms of denominations, dogma, theology or doctrine. Think in terms of individuals, opinions, experiences, ideology and perspectives. Think in terms of people. Think about yourself. This may or may not be a "whole new way of thinking" for you. A lot of Christians just copy the behaviours of other Christians, thinking that that is "the way." Christians are the worst example of Christianity you will ever see or experience. Don't emulate their phenomenon. Create your own. Be yourself. You are just the way God wanted you, even if others don't accept that, even Christians.

Do not choose to be small like the Borg. Choose to be unique. Be part of a collective of individuals, not a collective of conformist drones.

This may not be the kind of journey you would like to take, but don't worry, you will adapt . . .

..............what he said!!!

Okay Bob,

Glad you arrived!

You can sleep on a floor map, chant on rosary beads, eat vegetarian, read the Gita,
learn some devotional chants, shave your head, awake at 4 AM, bath in cold water, and you're good to go.

sikha.gif

Is that all, it all sounds so easy.

6 Months to 1 year is plenty of time to spend in an ashram, full time.

After that you're on your own recognisance.

It's called "being trained-up" and "fixed-up" ---in yogic disciplines.

BTW, no certificate is awarded.

Weekend warrior retreats work too as a substitute . . . but you miss out on all the itenerate devotees passing through on their way to some other ashram somewhere in the world.

WARNING:
You may [nay, very likely will] gain weight on the vegetarian food:

prasadam.jpg

...:D

Hello everyone.
In due course I would hope to have many discussions with enlightened individuals that can play a part in finding my rightful place within my head, heart and soul.
I know I am passionatly religious and have absolute faith. But I have no idea what denomination, I seem to be out there on my own. Its not a bad place to be though.

I cannot rest with the notions of the established religious institutions, it always feels like there are aspects I don't agree with and if I follow that faith, its no longer faith... if you are not faithful to yourself and your soul then faith has been left behind.
Oh well, nice to be here. :p

Hey, Rob

Just in case you can't find any of those folks around, I'm usually up for a chat :)

6 Months to 1 year is plenty of time to spend in an ashram, full time.

After that you're on your own recognisance.

It's called "being trained-up" and "fixed-up" ---in yogic disciplines.

BTW, no certificate is awarded.

Weekend warrior retreats work too as a substitute . . . but you miss out on all the itenerate devotees passing through on their way to some other ashram somewhere in the world.

WARNING:
You may [nay, very likely will] gain weight on the vegetarian food:

prasadam.jpg

That would look a lot more appetising with a hunk of juicy spit roasted lamb in the middle.

juicy spit roasted lamb

Juice?
Spit?

Lamb . . . ?

Seems we're full of Sheik's favorite here?

What goes roasted comes arroasted, yes?

Unless Roasters are above being roasted.

Back