Pope calls Christians the most persecuted

Wow Thomas...interesting you use that bit of persusion at the end....

I personally am 100% against prosyletizing to Jews...or anyone else for that matter.
So is the Catholic Church. That's why I challenged Nick ... you see, you're assuming that what he says is the case, when it's not.

Arrogance of thinking that we are the one and only way is offensive to me AS a Christian.
As it is to me, and my doctrine.

Again I ask you to consider, if you were more 'Christlike' in your response, if you were to use your third response first, instead of the knee jerk reactions of the other responses.... Where do you think this thread would have gone?
It wasn't a knee-jerk reaction. And it was Christlike. He, too, told it like it is.

Of course I feel the same about my country's reaction. If President Bush would have asked for justice, instead of attacking two soviergn nations...we wouldn't be in the blame quagmire we are and this thread may not have started.
Immaterial. I, too, am against unjustified invasion.

But the persecutions are wider than that. In China, throughout Africa, South America ... The pope did focus on Iraq in light of recent events, and the fact that the community there is almost extinct, but Christians are being persecuted in all the Islamic states, not just Iraq (eg Egypt, or check the new film 'Of Gods and Men' — Algeria).

May they rest in peace,

Thomas

While I think the Pope is entirely incorrect isn't it natural to see your own side/gang/group as the worst affected in any deplorable situation?

Obviously Christians in certain areas of the world are being persecuted for their religious beliefs but so are Buddhists, Jews, Hindu's, Muslims, etc. Can we point at any religious persecution and say it is worse than another faiths followers persecution??

Muslimwoman,

I agree. Every faith has had members die because of their belief. But to say that my faith has suffered more than your faith is unnecessary and causes resentment. And the pope is an international leader, which magnifies the problem.

I am reminded of the difference between being patriotic and nationalistic. Being patroitic means saying I love my country. Being nationalistic means saying my countty is better than your country. Hopefully, we can all learn to be a little less nationalistic and a little more patriotic when it comes to religion.

Yes of all the rediculous one-up-manship competitions...this one takes the cake.

I'm more abused... No I'm more abused....

Our genocide is worse than your genocide...

Yes of all the rediculous one-up-manship competitions...this one takes the cake.

I'm more abused... No I'm more abused....

Our genocide is worse than your genocide...

I agree a very interesting thread, but surely not very Christian from any perspective thus far! The ‘poor us’ scenario seems a little selfish and self indulgent.
Should the real consideration not be who is more persecuted but to acknowledge that all members of humanity should be free from persecution, regardless of their faith, belief- or lack of it. If an individual, a faith, or any member of humanity, collectively, or singularly, has experienced persecution, they should be more aware of the need to renounce persecution to everyone, even their own persecutors?

I agree a very interesting thread, but surely not very Christian from any perspective thus far! The ‘poor us’ scenario seems a little selfish and self indulgent.
Should the real consideration not be who is more persecuted but to acknowledge that all members of humanity should be free from persecution, regardless of their faith, belief- or lack of it. If an individual, a faith, or any member of humanity, collectively, or singularly, has experienced persecution, they should be more aware of the need to renounce persecution to everyone, even their own persecutors?
I'll give you an amen to that one and another welcome to the community!

Back