Redneck math: Robbery at the Craft Round up

I'm liking the series (gimme more!) but the school-marm requires that I give you some proofreads. End of second paragraph, "occasionally set something" is surely "sell something"; start of fourth paragraph, "There booth" should be "their"; and into the dialogue, "Lincoln and Jefferson where evil" should be "were"; worst of all, the variance is 27/4 not 33/4.

I'm liking the series (gimme more!) but the school-marm requires that I give you some proofreads. End of second paragraph, "occasionally set something" is surely "sell something"; start of fourth paragraph, "There booth" should be "their"; and into the dialogue, "Lincoln and Jefferson where evil" should be "were"; worst of all, the variance is 27/4 not 33/4.

Thanks, bob. I wrote it up in an hour, hence the typos. I will go back on a check my calculation. No doubt you are correct there too.

No, I'm wrong on that. 27/4 is the variance for the continuous uniform distribution from 0 to 9. The restriction to integer values makes values clustered near the mean like 4.501 and 4.473 impossible, so for the discrete distribution, 33/4 is correct. My bad.

Back