The Absolute Unity of God

Ben Masada

Reaction score
The Absolute Unity of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read from Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labour.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibilitly of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be supperfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Ben

Proved based on the logic following one verse from one holy book?

Except by reading a verse from a different holy book.

No, absolutely not. My elaboration is based on the logic of the whole thread I posted above. Did you at least read it? I believe you didn't because, otherwise, you would not come up with such a question. The quote of Isaiah 46:5 was only to borrow at least one authoritative opinion, just as atheists love to do when they appeal to scientific authorities. And why do you say "from a different holybook?" I didn't get that thread from another holy book. I worked on it for hours.
Ben

No, absolutely not. My elaboration is based on the logic of the whole thread I posted above. Did you at least read it? I believe you didn't because, otherwise, you would not come up with such a question. The quote of Isaiah 46:5 was only to borrow at least one authoritative opinion, just as atheists love to do when they appeal to scientific authorities. And why do you say "from a different holybook?" I didn't get that thread from another holy book. I worked on it for hours.
Ben

Peace, bro. I did read your post and was just saying that most of your logic followed from that particular verse: God cannot be compared to anything/anyone.

And I'm not saying you got the thread from anywhere else. I'm just saying Krisha, Allah, Maize God, etc could all be "proven to exist" from similar verses from other holy books.

For example, the Quran says that it is the word of God. The Quran also says Allah is the only creator of all that exists. Does that prove the existence of Allah as the one true God?

Peace, bro. I did read your post and was just saying that most of your logic followed from that particular verse: God cannot be compared to anything/anyone.

And I'm not saying you got the thread from anywhere else. I'm just saying Krisha, Allah, Maize God, etc could all be "proven to exist" from similar verses from other holy books.

For example, the Quran says that it is the word of God. The Quran also says Allah is the only creator of all that exists. Does that prove the existence of Allah as the one true God?

No, it does not prove anything. And it was not my intention to prove the existence of God. I am aware that I cannot prove God's existence. Hence, I believe in God's existence on the basis of the concept of probability. I am not a fool to declare that I am sure God exists, or by the same token, that He does not exist. King David's charges of fools in Psalm 14:1 was addressed to those who declare that God does not exist when they don't know even about their own options.
Ben

:eek: WOW . . .
2Q==

Hope for the Nations
Voices of the Faithful.
Hallelujah
God
experience of peace and love
I am the robin in the good

Why no mention of the stopping of flesh eating as a pre-requisite for world peace?

Sentimentalism surfices?

Nay, no peace until butchery is seen as polished beast-life Ltd!!!

Correct?

Do God serve-up chicken & other game beasts as nectar especially on important high holidays and/or as reward for meritorious actions???

Nay, no peace until butchery is seen as polished beast-life Ltd!!!

Correct?

You can see something placed to the area of agnostisism a few moments ago:

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/agnosticism-14491-33.html#post257645

There is something about cults also at:

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/john-10-16-interpretations-14596-7.html#post257642

There is something about what is called terrorism that can be understood from God and not from humans, TV's or computers. There is life that has peace as well as exiting understood to infatuation and is able to participate with united interests, even while God is moving other areas of life around to aware environments where they can understand perpetually from God. There is some life that will continue, for now, in this area, to be saying do something different attached to what God is providing now, however, that is not all they say and when they say it, they are not understanding or experiencing something not the same as before.

I know. What about killing creatures to serve your date with the standard ulterior motives?

Fleash eaters CANNOT find peace! They haven't & they wont!
Only beast eat other beasts ---Only beasts are free to eat other beasts without karmic-pay-back!
Why? Because being a beast [aka, a soul has taken birth as a beast due]past actions] who shall eat other beasts is the "karmic-pay-back".

Now, take note ---Beasts know nothing about karmic-pay-back ---they are performing their innate beastly dharma(s) satisified with their lot in life ---it's too late to avoid such a lot in life.

What is the soul's Dharma vs. What is not the soul's Dharma is the question.

There are more resident beasts than Humans ---so there are many new opening available for qualified cannidate-souls that have judge for themselves that there is nothing better to be engaged in.

Bhaktajan: What about killing creatures to serve your date with the standard ulterior motives?

These are one in the same in terms of activity.

Allow me to decipher:
A "Date" = taking a woman out to dinner and to feed her flesh [ie: killed animal with herbs & garlic and fermented grape liquor] ---all for the sake of getting lucky.

Feeding a "Date" flesh = aphrodisiac

You might be un-aware of these tactics.

Feeding a "Family" flesh = is a sacrificial offerring as an expression of duty & love ---but there is no good-karma in such acts. Such acts are the definition of Bad-karma. And we humans have seen the karmic scenario of such acts through-out the last century . . . where the cherry on top of the cream was 9/11.

My advise is to stop posting and send me a thank you reply.

Your posts are 'be-ing shady' and in coherent was his game.

Bhaktajan: Fleash eaters CANNOT find peace! They haven't & they wont!

It depends on what they are understanding about God and what God is causing with life around them who are preoccupied with meat (understanding misinformation) or other foods.

When the Fire-brigade commands you vacate ---it's not time to compose Posts.

FYI: the majority of street crime occur at the meat-serving establishments [source: "fast Food Nation"] What to speak of the predictions and present status of obesity & childhood Diabetics.

You either apollogise to me for daring to compromise my intelligent posts or concider yourself persona-no-grata in my opinion.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Fleash eaters CANNOT find peace! They haven't & they wont!
99.999% of criminals, thugs, tyrants, madmen, dictators, cheats, fools, drunks, addicts, morbidly obese, uneducated are meat-eaters . . . And do you know what that reaps????? The answer fills the daily news papers between sponsor-paid adverts.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
It is the likes of such cockamamie gibberish, like the Svengali-speak garbble, that you presume passes for learned english ---that defines a charlatan.

Stoners are famed for doing something while intoxicated and then . . . after the high subsides . . . the so-called inspired art-work is revealed as just gibberish.

Rely on the concensus of us english reading posters here,
Bhaktajan

Bhaktajan: Fleash eaters CANNOT find peace! They haven't & they wont!
Back Lot at an American Mid-west [tonando alley] Meat Rendering Plant [dated Anyday-Everyday-everywhere]:
40788_153924957967939_125673620793073_450652_4010932_n.jpg

I am sure you never get to see the ‘masses’ like this at your favorite food “Service” outlet and surely, not “n.i.m.b.y.”.

I presume these leftovers are going to be resold to pet-food companies.
Anyway, those carcasses were probably envious of eachother when they the souls of those beasts had once been in Human Bodies ---but why ‘cry over spilt milk?’

Bhaktajan: There is nothing else to be said to your existence area.

DID I WRITE THIS??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You posted a statement AS IF I COINED THE STATEMENT ---those are your words directed toward me --vs-- a statement attributed to me.

The protocol of WRITTEN has fixed rules.

Pleas CORRECT YOURSELF and POST the Correction and the assured forthcoming apollogy.

For example:
Bhaktajan: You either apollogise to me for daring to compromise my intelligent posts or concider yourself persona-no-grata in my opinion.

As you can see, I wrote this Statement.

Bhaktajan

Back Lot at an American Mid-west [tonando alley] Meat Rendering Plant [dated Anyday-Everyday-everywhere]:
40788_153924957967939_125673620793073_450652_4010932_n.jpg

I am sure you never get to see the ‘masses’ like this at your favorite food “Service” outlet and surely, not “n.i.m.b.y.”.

I presume these leftovers are going to be resold to pet-food companies.
Anyway, those carcasses were probably envious of eachother when they the souls of those beasts had once been in Human Bodies ---but why ‘cry over spilt milk?’

:eek: EEK! That's gruesome! I think that from now on, I'll become a vegeterian.
Ben

It is written, "YHWH, thy G_d, is one YHWH."

I agree that there is no G_d but "Allah" ("The Highest," when translated literally). The difficulty with the concept of G_d as a singularity, as opposed to a unity, however, is that it is also written, "I am the first and the last," and also "the first, and with the last."

There are several Hebrew words that are translated as "G_d." Each has its specific nuance. Moshe's blessing recognizes this when read as:

YHWH blesses you and keeps you.

YHWH makes (his) faces to shine upon you, and is gracious unto you.

YHWH lifts up (his) countenance within you, and gives you peace.

b.

..Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Ben

I totally agree.
Theology relies on scripture and logic, to a large extent. In this respect, it is similar to science. I like both :)

99.9 percent of criminals use toilet paper

I assume that you refer to the possibility of G-d being a man.
Travel is enlightening .. the further one goes from Jerusalem, for example, the more one sees illogical conclusions about the nature of G-d.

Reactions: wil
No - I was referring to Bhak's meat eating killer theory.

Certainly don't believe Allah is a man - or a human, I know that many people do or believe that humanity as a whole or the perfection of humanity is "God"; which is fine, it's just not what I believe.

In the name of Allah, The Compassionate, The Merciful.

1. Say, “He is Allah The One.

2. Allah, The Absolute

3. He does not give birth, nor is He born

4. And there is not one comparable to Him.”

(Quran 112)

Absolutely .. G-d is Absolute :)

btw .. Bhak hijacked the thread .. looks like spam to me .. and that's meat isn't it? ;)

Back