The Assay of Mark Twain About the Jews

To me they are two sides of the same coin, basic human logic says that to honor ones earthy father and mother is the simplest of mitzvot ,they , your parents. created and sustained you not unlike all of creation which is why the same can be said of Zeir Anpin and Shechina,
As it says “ In order that your days be long" Honoring both your physical and spiritual parents have merit of blessing and purpose. As you know according to Talmud, the et before the word for father should refer to Zeir Anpin and the et before the word for mother alludes to Nukva and honoring both is a way to increase divine consciousness in the world
er, yefet; the talmud mentions neither ze'ir anpin nor nuqba in any explicit sense, nor would i leap straight into kabbalistic terminology in this discussion at this time to make this point - particularly if you're dealing with someone that actually splits G!D into god and mrs god, G!D Forbid. first deal with the pshat, don't charge straight into the higher worlds like a bull at a gate, particularly if you're using the zohar as your main source.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Is the Shechina not mentioned through out Talmud? Is not accepted the importance of Et before a word ? is it not the Female aspect of Zeir Anpin within Creation? Is it not Eretz Israel?
The point of the poster was a distinction between the mystical or spiritual and literal meaning or intention behind the Mitzvah Honor your Father and Mother, I simply stated to me there is no Difference. But as you wish I shall remain silent,
have a good day

Is the Shechina not mentioned through out Talmud? Is not accepted the importance of Et before a word ? is it not the Female aspect of Zeir Anpin within Creation? Is it not Eretz Israel?
The point of the poster was a distinction between the mystical or spiritual and literal meaning or intention behind the Mitzvah Honor your Father and Mother, I simply stated to me there is no Difference. But as you wish I shall remain silent,
have a good day

The Shechinah was symbolized by that area between the sculptures of the angels on the top of the Ark of the Covenant. It would metaphorically point to the presence of God in the Temple among the People. According to the Talmud, when the People went into exile, the Shechinah would follow suit. And according to Daniel 9:24, when the People returned from exile Everlasting Righteousness would return to them. Thus, Shechinah and Everlasting Righteousnes, both meant the same: God's presence among the People. Daniel would teach with the return of the Shechinah without the Ark of the Covenant that God's presence was not restricted to the symbol, but the Law engraved in our own hearts, according to Jeremiah 31:33.
Ben

er , yefet and ben masada , i can't hear you . . . little louder . I respect the silence here. Let the people sleeps here.

yefet said:
Is the Shechina not mentioned through out Talmud?
indeed, but that is not what i said.

Is not accepted the importance of Et before a word?
indeed, but that is not always related to partzufic configurations.

is it not the Female aspect of Zeir Anpin within Creation?
perhaps, but that doesn't follow from an explicit mention in the talmud.

Is it not Eretz Israel?
certainly not. "keneseth yisrael", you might have a case for, but that is just one interpretative aspect. you're being far too specific.

The point of the poster was a distinction between the mystical or spiritual and literal meaning or intention behind the Mitzvah Honor your Father and Mother, I simply stated to me there is no Difference.
and one can surely do so without having recourse to esoteric concepts which cannot be explicitly sourced from the talmud; where is the quote about "spiritual and physical parents" from? surely not the gemara?

But as you wish I shall remain silent
don't get me wrong - i'm not trying to shut you up. however, i think you're giving an unnecessarily complicated response to a not very sophisticated question about "god and mrs god"; moreover, even if you are an expert in partzufic configurations, that is hardly an issue that can illuminate discussion that is framed in such terms.

b'shalom

bananabrain

"(thou) love righteousness ,and hate wickedness :therefore G D , (thy) G D ,anointed with the oil of gladness above " above all ism , religion ,nation ,people etc.

"(thou) love righteousness ,and hate wickedness :therefore G D , (thy) G D ,anointed with the oil of gladness above " above all ism , religion ,nation ,people etc.

God neither loves nor hates. Love and hatred are emotions; and God is not like a man to be activated by emotions. The message is rather for us to love righteousness and hate wickedness.
Ben

God is not like a man
G D is invisible ( hidden within us )and man is visible. Matter is the dwelling place of spirit. And spirit dwelling place of matter. Man is matter and G D is spirit. Light in darkness ,darkness in light. " where is the way where light dwellth ? And as for darkness, where is the place thereof" Job 38 :19

Jews loved righteousness ,and hated wickedness :therefore (their) G D ,anointed with the oil of gladness above all religion ,nation ,people etc.

G D is invisible ( hidden within us )and man is visible. Matter is the dwelling place of spirit. And spirit dwelling place of matter. Man is matter and G D is spirit. Light in darkness ,darkness in light. " where is the way where light dwellth ? And as for darkness, where is the place thereof" Job 38 :19

Well, in a way, you are right, as we have from Jesus that the Kingdom of God is within every one of us. (Luke 17:21) All we have to do is to develop that divine potential in us. But matter is the dwelling place of atoms rather than of spirit; unless you are symbolizing spirit here with the breath of life, which was breathed into man's nostrils when God formed him from the dust of the earth and he became a living soul. (Gen. 2:7)

And to answer your question about where light dwellth, it dwellth all over the earth among the Gentiles. And darkness is but the absence of light.
Ben

But matter is the dwelling place of atoms rather than of spirit; unless you are symbolizing spirit here with the breath of life
The smallest part of Matter which you call ATOM has its own power. Just look atomic power , and nuke stuff. But Torah says all powers belongs to G D . That means there you got in Atom the 'breath of life.' The temple of G D (she k in a ) or spirit is smaller than Atom and bigger than universe.

HaShem sleep not in Atom as Jacob slept ,or dies not as Moses and David died.

I will give the cohanim their fill of rich food , and my people will be satisfied with my BOUNTY. " says ADONAI. Jer. 31:14 this bounty is the spirit of L rd who is the fountain of life. And it is ''new each morning " lament. 3:23 and this bounty is the secret of immortality for generation.

The smallest part of Matter which you call ATOM has its own power. Just look atomic power , and nuke stuff. But Torah says all powers belongs to G D . That means there you got in Atom the 'breath of life.' The temple of G D (she k in a ) or spirit is smaller than Atom and bigger than universe.

HaShem sleep not in Atom as Jacob slept ,or dies not as Moses and David died.

Sorry, but your turning of the subject at this phase is mere verbal juggling. There is, no sequitur between Physics and Theology.
Ben

I will give the cohanim their fill of rich food , and my people will be satisfied with my BOUNTY. " says ADONAI. Jer. 31:14 this bounty is the spirit of L rd who is the fountain of life. And it is ''new each morning " lament. 3:23 and this bounty is the secret of immortality for generation.

Secret of immortality for generation! There is no immortality as far as man is concerned. This attribute was not granted to man. (Gen. 3:22) It belongs with God only.
Ben

The Oriental Orthodox are close to that, as are non-dogmatic Protestants (a new term I just made up for Unity, UU, Science of Mind and Religious Society of Friends). ilmawaqa, you might look them up if you think you need a community,

Sorry, but your turning of the subject at this phase is mere verbal juggling. There is, no sequitur between Physics and Theology.
Ben

How can you say this?

There is only one reality, physics is merely encountering that which has been called God in the past - quanta. Now, you can dispute all you like whether it aligns best with this religion or that - you are merely debating who has best described it - but it is impossible that they will not eventually be in agreement.

What can be said is that what physics knows of the very small religions say is the case all the time - that masses we encounter are merely our perception, in fact it is much like a magnet propelling the opposing force away... for instance, do you think you are sat on your seat this moment? Science says you are actually hovering over it, just like if you put two magnets into a tube opposed to one another - they will not touch, they will stabilize a set distance depending on the force applied.

Another thing, physics currently talks about the Unity Field - this is EXACTLY what religions call God, and science has shown the truth of it, that there is a pervading oneness throughout existence. There are wild and crazy myths surrounding this encounter, but in the end all talk about this oneness of all things, this integrated whole which underlies existence.

To say that theology and physics disagree is just ignorance - only problem is both the religious masses and the scientific minds insist it is not the same thing. They seem to have drawn up separate universes, but it is naught but their ego - both are right, but they have fought for hundreds of years! It is not so easy to kiss and make up when you have defined yourself through the other...

Science is the study of the outer, religion is the study of the inner, Pythagoras so many years ago has warned against them being split but man is essentially stupid because of his ego, and thus they were split. Now we must bring them back together. There should not be a choice between the two, we should be expanding in both directions.

It has to be understood: science and religion are complimentary.

Religion is rightly the study of the subjective - where philosophy and psychology and the like create of the subject an object of study, religion goes far more deeply. Science is the study of the objective - what we encounter is the nature of science, it can say nothing of our being. In fact though, it is perfectly beautiful that science has moved to also include that which can be observed within - it now also studies thoughts and the like, as well as medicine and so forth.

Religion is the discovery of that which science has arisen in. Science means "that which is known", religion is the study of the unknown. True religiousness means you live with an awareness of that which is unknown, a deep rememberence of the very nature of existence. If your religion doesn't go into this, you should seek another avenue which delves deeper. This is that which is referred to as the mystery, and a religious person lives it, he doesn't believe it.

Please understand.

Back