Why Jews Are Called Jews

That's definitely not the traditional, orthodox Jewish viewpoint on Sabbath observance. Certain activities are prohibited regardless of their intended purpose. Many Jews today, including the Reform movement, reject that viewpoint. And since this is an interfaith site, you're entitled to your opinion.

I am sure you are aware of the theme that Jews have a mind of their own without contradicting Judaism. In this case, the prohibition of certain activities is akin to fences around the Torah aka the commandment. If you know what I mean, fences are built to keep the transgressor away from breaking the Law.

For instance, a farmer has many fruit trees and, especially during season, he builds fences around the trees to keep robbers away. If one breaks the fence and for some reason changes his mind about approaching the tree any further, he didn't break the commandment.

Ethical people do not need fences to keep away from the fruit trees. Here in Israel thousands of Ultra Orthodox Jews do not work at all under the pretext to study Torah and live off the taxes of the Government. Least they know, they have been breaking the commandment to keep the Sabbath holy all their lives as the commandment says, "Thou shall work 6 days and rest on the 7th." If you rest on the 7th but do not work to make your living you are breaking the Law all the same.

Perhaps you are not reading my answers.

You don't answer the ones you are asked. :)

I don't have a handle on your position...

I've asked you repeatedly what your view of G!d is, what denomination of Judaism you partake...I seem to keep missing the answers and just getting more questions.

He has since stated that he is orthodox, and views anything less....(non kosher conservatives, reform, reconstruction and renewal) as not striving to follow the intent of the law/commandments.

Correct?

About Jonah it is said:

He was Assyrian, he was Hebrew, he was Jew, and he was Jewish.
How to distinctly distinguish between the above?
How to reconcile them in one person?

Please

regards

G-d sent Jonah to Ninevah, the capital of Assyria, to perform a task. That does not mean that Jonah was Assyrian.

My employer once sent me to New Jersey to perform a task. That does not mean that I'm a New Jerseyite.

Yes that is the Question? Please
Jonah must be an Assyrian.

Regards

More of a statement eh? a rhetorical eh? at the end of a statement.

Dan stated the same, but why do you assert Assyrian?

(note: I see it as all allegorical, a fable designed to make a point. Others see it more as an Op-ed piece, like Gulliver's Travels... you can't write about the powers that be and the things they make you do...so you write around them)

Or maybe some Bible commentator determined that since Jonah felt empathy toward the Assyrians, he said "Ich bin ein Assyrian!", not realizing that he was calling himself a jelly doughnut?

In Geman Jew is 'Jude' which shows a stronger connection to the word Judah, who considered themselves the only real 'Jews' as the others were happy to enjoy themselves worshiping Baal, enjoying life and success in their impiety.

About Jonah it is said:

He was Assyrian, he was Hebrew, he was Jew, and he was Jewish.
How to distinctly distinguish between the above?
How to reconcile them in one person?

Please

regards

Jonah was a Jew from Israel, perhaps Jerusalem. (Jonah 1:3) He was a Jewish prophet.

Back