Happy Passover

Thank you jt3.

Stupid question here: are you going to try matzoh pizza this year (or are you interested at all in such)?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine and the IO :kitty: delegation

The "receipt" is on page 19 of the Mystery Thread if you're interested. :D :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thank you for the reminder, I am touched by your memory. I am embarrassed to say I had quite forgotten.

I did try some tonight, however! Having been away for awhile, it probably isn't well known the wife and I closed on a fixer upper around Christmas, and have been working on it every bit of free time we could find to make it liveable. Tonight was the first I tried the oven, and other than needing a better cleaning, it seemed to work well for Matzo Pizza!

The wife likes pizza anyway, one of the few *American* foods she looks forward to (along with hamburgers and spaghetti...I don't encourage the hamburgers but I do make a mean spaghetti when I put my mind to it!).

As pizza goes...it certainly tasted homemade...which isn't saying a whole lot. But I will say for the record that was the best Matzo I have ever eaten!

In reference to the opening post: This thread completely ignores the fact that Jewish people can't spell. You have to say 'Pesach' or they won't know what you're talking about!

No, you're thinking of those folks who make wicker furniture without using electricity.

I would have expected them to make christian dior not wicker; but maybe they are branching out.

Hey jt3,

Are you going to nosh on dairy products tonight until tomorrow night? If so, what? :kitty: delegates meow to know since it's Shavuos. <(^x^)>

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We are at the 19th day of the omer count toward Shavu'ot. That means we have about a month to go before the holiday.

Compassion must include humility for it not to be condescending and pretentious. Hod is recognizing that my ability to be compassionate and giving does not make me better than the recipient; it is the acknowledgement and appreciation that by creating one who needs compassion G‑d gave me the gift of being able to bestow compassion. Thus there is no place for haughtiness in compassion. Do I feel superior because I am compassionate? Do I look down at those that need my compassion? Am I humble and thankful to G‑d for giving me the ability to have compassion for others?

Exercise for the day: Express compassion in an anonymous fashion, not taking any personal credit.

Compassion must include humility for it not to be condescending and pretentious. Hod is recognizing that my ability to be compassionate and giving does not make me better than the recipient; it is the acknowledgement and appreciation that by creating one who needs compassion G‑d gave me the gift of being able to bestow compassion. Thus there is no place for haughtiness in compassion. Do I feel superior because I am compassionate? Do I look down at those that need my compassion? Am I humble and thankful to G‑d for giving me the ability to have compassion for others?

Exercise for the day: Express compassion in an anonymous fashion, not taking any personal credit.

Oops, Shavuos isn't until next month. *submits to twenty lashes with a strand of wet linguine*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back