what Gospel did Jesus preach?

Friend

In the Name of God
Reaction score

If you read Luke 1:2-3, you will learn, as I did, that Luke (who was not one of the 12 disciples and never met Jesus) said that he himself was not an eyewitness, and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitnesses, and not as words inspired by God. Incidentally, why does every "Gospel" begin with the introduction According to. Why "according to?" the reason for this is because not a single one of the gospels carries its original author’s autograph! Even the internal evidence of Matthew 9:9 proves that Matthew was not the author of the first Gospel which bears his name:

"And as Jesus passed forth thence, He (Jesus) saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and He (Jesus) saith unto Him (Matthew), follow me (Jesus). And he (Matthew) arose, and followed Him (Jesus)."

Without any stretch of the imagination, one can see that the He’s and the Him’s of the above narration do not refer to Jesus or Matthew as its author, but a third person writing what he saw or heard - a hearsay account and not words inspired by God.

It is worth noting, and well known throughout the religious world, that the choice of the present four "gospels" of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) were imposed in the Council of Nicea 325 CE for political purposes under the auspices of the pagan Emperor Constantine, and not by Jesus. Constantine’s mind had not been enlightened either by study or by inspiration. He was a pagan, a tyrant and criminal who murdered his son, his wife and thousands of innocent individuals because of his lust for political power. Constantine ratified other decisions in the Nicene Creed such as the decision to call Christ "the Son of God, only begotten of the father."

Literally, hundreds of gospels and religious writings were hidden from the people. Some of those writings were written by Jesus’ disciples, and many of them were eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ actions. The Nicea Council decided to destroy all gospels written in Hebrew, which resulted in the burning of nearly three hundred accounts. If these writings were not more authentic than the four present gospels, they were of equal authenticity. Some of them are still available such as the Gospel of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas which agree with the Quran. The Gospel of Barnabas, until now, is the only eyewitness account of the life and mission of Jesus. Even today, the whole of the Protestant word, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists and other sects and denominations condemn the Roman Catholic version of the Bible because it contains seven "extra" books. The Protestant have bravely expunged seven whole books from their word of God. A few of the outcasts are the Books of Judith, Tobnias, Baruch and Esther.

Concerning Jesus’ teachings of the Gospel (Injeel), the Gospel writers frequently mentioned Jesus preaching the Gospel: Matthew 9:35, Mark 8:35, and Luke 20:1. The word "gospel" is recurrently used in the Bible. However, in the New Testament Greek edition the word Evangeline is used in place of the word gospel, which is translated to mean good news. My question was: what Gospel did Jesus preach? Of the 27 books of the New Testament, only a small fraction can be accepted as the words of Jesus, and only of the 27 books are known to be attributed as the Gospel of Jesus. The remaining 23 were supposedly written by Paul. Muslims do believe that Jesus was given God’s "Good News." However, they do not recognized the present four Gospels as the utterances of Jesus.

The earliest Gospel is that of Mark’s which was written about 60-75 AD. Mark was the son of Barnabas’s sister. Matthew was a tax collector, a minor official who did not travel around with Jesus. Luke’s Gospel was written much later, and in fact, drawn from the same sources as Mark’s and Matthew’s. Luke was Paul’s physician, and like Paul, never met Jesus. By the way, did you know that the names Marks and Luke were not included in the 12 appointed disciples of Jesus as mentioned in Matthew 10:2-4?

Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; the first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

John’s Gospel is from a different source, and was written in about 100 AD. He (John) should not be confused with John, the disciple, who was beheaded by Agrippa I in the year 44 CE long before this gospel was written. It should be accepted as a reliable account of the life of Jesus, and whether it should be included in the scriptures.

Christians boast about the Gospels according to Matthew, according to Mark, according to Luke and according to John. However, if we think about it, there is not a single Gospel according to Jesus himself. According to the preface of the KJV (King James Version) new open Bible study edition, the word "Gospel" was added to the original titles, "According to John, according to Matthew, according to Luke and according to Mark."

The permission to call "According to" writings the Gospel was not given by Jesus nor by any other divine guidance. These writings; Matthew, Luke, Mark and John, were never originally to be the Gospel.

__________________________________________-

So,I want to know what Gospel "as christian " do you think that Jesus preach?

Dear Friend

Well I would say the Gospels that were not included in the bible are a more reliable source and are certainly more interesting from my perspective.

The Gospel of Thomas does overlap with The Lost Gospel Q.
The Gospel of Truth, The Gospel of Philip are also good.
The Jesus Sutra's Jesus is talking to Apostle Simon mainly.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Dear Friend

It seems that most western scholar's claim that the Gospel of Barnabas is a fourteenth-century forgery.

Does anyone else have a view on this?

being love
Sacredstar

Dear Friend

here is a link for you it mentions the hidden texts in the Vatican and the reason why the Vatican will not release them.

http://www.nazirene.org/essene_gospel_of_peace_book1.htm

As someone said on another forum the truth could be shocking but also enlightening.

There is also some interesting copies of early letters describing Yeshua and his appearance on the website.

being love

Sacredstar

Certainly there is good suggestion that the synoptic gospels did not appear to be assigned to apostles at first - but the tradition was certainly older than Constantine.

Also, attempting character assassination of Constantine is extremely ill-advised, especially in comparison of the first decades of Islam after Mohammad.

Also note that creating an argument that the synoptic gospels are unreliable because they were not authored by the attributed writers would be most unwise, especially by comparison to the early years of Islam. :)

So - if we can keep the Muslim proselytising out of this discussion, then we have the grounds for a very good discussion - they are inherently good questions. But let's try not to put some unnecessary anti-Christian spin on it, please. :)

Oh - and the Gospel of Barnabas is a fraudulent work from the European Middle-Ages. Spoain, mid-15th century, if I remember right from the top of my head - but I still included it in our Apocrypha collection nonetheless: Gospel of Barnabas. (Note the criticisms on that link that have the Gospel of Barnabas contradict the Qur'an).

The Epistle of Barnabas, on the other hand, was held in high regard in the early church, but I don't believe it offers anything to support later claims by Islam.

WHY DID LUKE WRITE HIS GOSPEL ?

---[Luke 1:1]

MOST EXCELLENT THE-OPH'-I-LUS, (the church tried to know : who is that The-oph'-i-lus, Luke's close friend. However, there are some Christians today claim that this is not a name of a person, but a Greek word which means "People".

* I do not understand why the whole Bible was translated into English except for this word!
* And if such: what is the value of keeping it ?
* And they start this "so called" Greek word with a capital letter ?
* And who was "most excellent" to Luke ? The people or his friend: The-oph'-i-lus ?

This is how they defend the error by making another error, it is in fact another trick, by this they attempt to avoid the difficulties which this paragraph creates. The fact that this introduction of Luke's Gospel makes hisGospel no more than a personal letter.)

that you MIGHT KNOW THE CERTAINTY of those things wherein you have been instructed.
(This paragraph indicates three essential points:
* Luke was not an eyewitness to Jesus peace upon him.
* He did not claim that he was inspired, but it seemed good idea to him to write his book.
* His book was only a message to his friend, not to the world.)

Why there are many changes of verses in the Gospels

for example
LUKE 22:70
---------------------------------------
K.J.V Then they said, "Are you the son of God? He said unto them, "You said that I am."
N.I.V They all asked, "Are you the son of God? He said, "You are right in saying I am."
L.B.V They all shouted "Then you claim you are the son of God. And He replied YES I AM."

DUET. 23:2
-----------------------------------------
K.J.V A BASTARD shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
N.I.V No one born of a forbidden marriage may enter the assembly of the Lord.
G.N.B No one born out of wedlock may be included among the Lord's people

HEBREW 12:8
-----------------------------------------
K.J.V Then you are BASTARDS, and not sons.
R.S.V Then you are illegitimate children and not sons.
G.N.B It means you are not real sons, but BASTARDS.
L.B.V It means that you are not God's son at all.
JOB 13:15
-------------------------------------------
K.J.V Though he slay me yet I trust him.
R.S.V He will slay me, I have no hope.
G.N.B I've lost all hope so what if God kills me.
L.B.V God may kill me for saying this-in fact, I expect him to.

PSALMS 2:7
K.J.V David said, "God said to me: You are my son, this day I have begotten you.
N.I.V David said, "God said to me: You are my son today I have become your father.(The N.I.V revisers analyzed that the word begotten should not be attributed toboth David, and Jesus, while Jesus should be the only begotten son of God asJohn 3:16 proclaims.

Yet by this modification of this verse -as well as others-they attract the attention of the people how the false pen of the SCRIBES change the word of God as Jeremiah 8:8 proclaimed.)

LEVITICUS 15:20
K.J.V And everything that she lies upon in her separation shall be unclean.
R.S.V And everything upon which she lies in her impurity shall be unclean.
L.B.V Anything she lies on sits on during that time shall be defiled.

BETWEEN ACTS 9:3 AND ACTS 22:9
----------------------------------------------
K.J.V They saw the light, but they heard not the voice.
N.I.V They saw the light, but they did not understand the voice.(The reason behind the change in this verse is because of the contradictionbetween Act. 9:3 and Act. 22:9 which they attempted to cover. you find thatmodification in the N.I.V.)

ANOTHER ADDITION IN G.N.B.
--------------------------------------------
G.N.B The women went to Peter and his friends, and gave a brief account of all they had been told.
R.S.V Does not exist
N.I.V Does not exist
K.J.V Does not exist .

Hi Friend,

These questions are not new to Christians. There are many good Bible handbooks out there and on the internet that can quickly answer your questions. However, here are some answers that may help you:

Friend said:
WHY DID LUKE WRITE HIS GOSPEL ?
Luke's Gospel is the first part of a two-volume work, the second being The Acts of the Apostles. The stated purpose of the two volumes is to provide Theophilus and others like him assurance about earlier instructions they have received (Luke 1:4). Luke does this by showing how the promises to Israel have been fulfilled in Jesus and how the salvation promised to Israel has been extended to non-Jews as well.

MOST EXCELLENT THE-OPH'-I-LUS, (the church tried to know : who is that The-oph'-i-lus, Luke's close friend. However, there are some Christians today claim that this is not a name of a person, but a Greek word which means "People".
Theophilus is simply a name of a person and does NOT mean 'People'. Theophilus translates from the Greek as 'Friend of God'. I don't know what sources you are getting your information from, but they do not sound convincing.

* I do not understand why the whole Bible was translated into English except for this word!
Again, this is not a word, it is a name of a person so the English translators have found no need to translate Theophilus' name by calling him 'Friend of God' each time. Also, be careful of generalisations. There are many words and names in the Bible that have their original Hebrew and Greek without being translated into English. Eg. Baal, David, Halleluya, Amen, Satan, Simeon, Anna etc.

* Luke was not an eyewitness to Jesus peace upon him.
So what? God is still able to impart His divine message through Luke's Gospel. Early Christian tradition identifies Luke as a Syrian from Antioch who is mentioned in Col 4:14, Phlm 24 and 2 Timothy 4:11. He makes it clear from Luke 1 that he was dependent on the traditions he received from those who were 'eyewitnesses' and 'ministers of the word'. His writings make it clear that he well versed in the Old Testament scriptures. His purpose was to write it all down in an orderly sequence so that Theophilus and others like him would have assurance about earlier instructions they have received (Luke 1:4).

Did you watch the programme last night 'Who wrote the bible'?

Dr Robert Beckford's fascinating journey across the world in search of the origins of the Good Book. What he finds out it is more complex than he had imagined but is, he believes, better than simple answers that turn out to be myths.

www.channel4.com/believe

being love

Sacredstar

A good recommendation, SacredStar.

I enjoyed it.

This is interesting! ;)
Take the Five Books of Moses, which open the Bible and include the world-famous stories of the creation, the Garden of Eden and Noah's flood. Known in Hebrew, the language they were written in, as the Torah, these books contain the foundations of Judaism and Christianity. It turns out that the Books of Moses weren't written by Moses at all, but by four anonymous writers, each with his own particular view to promote. These writings were only brought together when an Israelite king found them useful to promote his political agenda, many centuries after the time of Moses. Says Beckford: 'King Hezekiah turned the Bible into a party political manifesto for monotheism. He definitely knew something about spin.'

Of course the later material and thesis even more so!

The Gospel that Jesus preached is simple, yet profound.

Love God with all thine heart and all thine might.

Love thy neighbor, as thine self.

Keep these two commandments and we keep them all.

It does not matter who wrote what. The truth of life is self evident.

The Gospel that Jesus wrote is written in each of our hearts, and we know it.

v/r

Q

Hello Friend

To your direct question....

So,I want to know what Gospel "as christian " do you think that Jesus preach?

You are correct, the word Gospel means "good news". So your question is, what good news did Jesus preach?

The message of Jesus as "good news" was the "kingdom of God" You will see that phrase all the way through the teachings of Jesus. Many of his illustrations were to explain various aspects of the kingdom as to when it would be established, who would be a part of it, where it would be, etc. He gave the command to his followers to preach the "good news" of the kingdom. The theme of the whole Bible is slanted to that one aspect ..... “the Kingdom of God” So it is not surprising that the message of Jesus dealt with Gods Kingdom or rulership, or government over the earth.

Eg an example of this is in the following texts. (from the 1901 American Standard Version as I cut and pasted form my software. The green is because that is the word I used in the search engine)

Matthew 4:23 And {1} Jesus went about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first his kingdom

Matthew 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and the villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,

……..Matthew 13 several parables relating to the kingdom……

Luke 1:33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob {1} for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end

Luke 9:2 And he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God,

Luke 12:31 Yet seek ye his kingdom,

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: from that time the {1} gospel of the kingdom of God is preached,

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world

That is a small portion of texts relating to the kingdom and the message that Jesus preached and asked his disciples to preach Matt 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (NJKV… bold mine) Matthew referred to the Kingdom more that 50 times.

SOME EXTRA INFO. ON THE “GOSPELS”

The narratives attributed to Matthew Mark Luke and John are not parroted copies of each other. It is also true that we do not know 100% just who wrote each book. Even though the four books give 4 men’s point of view it is helpful to realize each man wrote with a different audience in mind.

Forty-two percent of Matthew’s Gospel account is not to be found in any of the other three Gospels. Matthew wrote for the Jews. Some authorities put the time of writing at between 60 ce and 65 ce and others around 41 ce. The writer had the Hebrew “Jews” in mind when that book was written as he makes use of the many prophecies written about the Messiah to establishing Jesus as the foretold Messiah that the Jews were eagerly awaiting at that time. He also concentrated on the teachings of Jesus

Mark was written between 60 and 65 ce, and wrote primarily to the Romans. He makes explanatory comments on Jewish customs and teachings with which non-Jewish readers might be unfamiliar. (2:18; 7:3, 4; 14:12; 15:42) Aramaic expressions are translated. (3:17; 5:41; 7:11, 34; 14:36; 15:22, 34) He qualifies Palestinian geographic names and plant life with explanations. (1:5, 13; 11:13; 13:3) The value of Jewish coins is given in Roman money. (12:42, footnote) He uses more Latin words than the other Gospel writers, examples being speculator (body guardsman), praetorium (governor’s palace), and centurio (army officer).—6:27; 15:16, 39. This writer describes much of the and concentrated on the activities of Jesus, and as the miracle-working Son of God, the conquering Savior. Mark spent a lot of time with Peter and Peter is believed to be the source of his work. His record contains only 7 percent that is not contained in the other Gospels

Luke was Written about 56ce and was addressed to the “most excellent Theophilus” and through him to other persons, both Jews and non-Jews. It appears to have been written to have more universal appeal for both Jews and non Jews. Luke possible did not become a Christian until after the death of Jesus and his name is not mentioned in the account. It is "tradition" that puts him as the writer because of the 300 or so medical terms he uses. Has. About 59 percent of Luke’s Gospel” is unique with him.

John wrote about 98 Ce and largely supplementary; 92 percent is new material not covered in the other three Gospels, so,it would appear as if this writer filled in details missed by the other three writers.The writer of the book of John is believed to have been the cousin of Jesus and an apostle. (His brother James was executed by Herod Agrippa 1st not John). The book does not clearly identify the writer.

Regardless of who actually wrote those works, the 4 “gospels” can rightly be considered as part of the Bible canon because they are in full harmony with each other and the rest of the Bible, and give us a reasonable look at what Jesus did and taught. The rest of the “New Testament” details the activity of the growing group of followers that believed in the words of Jesus, and the struggle some of them had in conforming their lives to the teachings of Jesus. Most of the “New Testament including the “gospels” Acts and twelve of the letters of Paul were considered in the canon of the Bible in the second century.

Ben

Just a small, (but perhaps significant?) question and a final comment? Ben:

Why do you seem to ignore the Thomas gospel in your Post 12?

Why does one collection and collation of ancient texts by human beings, with various purposes perceivable, have precedence over others?

Also you claim there is 'harmony' in the 'messages' of 'good news'.
Personally, I do not detect harmony... I see and read of different slants and conceivably different purposes in the accounts... though I am glad you are not claiming the whole standard 'Bible' is harmonious, considering the many various perceptions of a monotheistic 'God' they represent.

Blue said:
Just a small, (but perhaps significant?) question and a final comment? Ben:

Why do you seem to ignore the Thomas gospel in your Post 12?

Why does one collection and collation of ancient texts by human beings, with various purposes perceivable, have precedence over others?

Also you claim there is 'harmony' in the 'messages' of 'good news'.
Personally, I do not detect harmony... I see and read of different slants and conceivably different purposes in the accounts... though I am glad you are not claiming the whole standard 'Bible' is harmonious, considering the many various perceptions of a monotheistic 'God' they represent.
The harmony is in GOD. The disharmony is in Man. One GOD, many Human views on GOD. The Bible is in harmony, including the Apocrapha. Man takes it out of text. Man creates the disharmony. Man alters the books to suit his needs.

Then Man complicates matters by waxing philosophic. But GOD made certain things clear and above reproach:

We must enter the Kingdom of GOD with the wonder, awe, and such, of a child. It doesn't mean we must become a child, just have the awe of a child.

Do you remember the awe you felt as a child, about new discoveries? Along with the wonder, came delight, and questions, loads of questions. But we must wait for the answers.

All the books on Earth do not mean a hill of beans. Simple wonders at the unknown, and the promise made to us all...that is what matters.

v/r

Q

What Gospel did Jesus preach? What good news did Jesus preach? Jesus IS and WAS the good news!

on an additional note.. do you know what God commanded of us in the bible the most? Fear not.

Faithfulservant said:
What Gospel did Jesus preach? What good news did Jesus preach? Jesus IS and WAS the good news!

on an additional note.. do you know what God commanded of us in the bible the most? Fear not.
Peace for all

I'm afraid I didn't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you answer your question ????????????????

how? how is it commanded or how to fear not? im sorry I do not understand your question. God does not want us to fear.. fear is crippling.. fear causes anxiety and anxiety causes depression. Gods commands of us are for our protection whether it be spiritual mental or physical.

Faithfulservant said:
how? how is it commanded or how to fear not? im sorry I do not understand your question. God does not want us to fear.. fear is crippling.. fear causes anxiety and anxiety causes depression. Gods commands of us are for our protection whether it be spiritual mental or physical.
Salaam "Faithfulservant"

Do you believe that this answer is related to the original question "what Gospel did Jesus preach?" ?

Are all Gospels having the same contents or spiritual visions?
do you have something to follow in your holy book or just promise to save what ever you will do ???

Back