What's For Dinner?

Namaste Jesus

Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai
Veteran Member
Reaction score
One of my many dubious talents is cooking. No formal training of anything. Just something I enjoy doing. Anyway, thought I'd share a meal or two with the gang.

Tonights fare. Prawn fried yellow rice and mackerel.

100_2527.JPG

How about you guys; what's for dinner?

Insalada Caprese, Honeycrisp apple, pomegranate Greek yogurt, yellow kiwifruit, jasmine green tea and a waffle with chocolate gravy for dessert.

I had the yogurt instead of buying a fresh pomegranate because it was much more affordable (a little over $1 vs. close to $4.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I am surprised by lamburger....how long has that been going in down there? Has anyone ever seen one stateside?

And I never understood shellfish in the shell in soup....can anyone explain that to me?

How's that made mate?
It's not too complicated. You start be roasting onions and garlic in a large soup pot. To that you add Indian spices, chillies, coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a low simmer uncovered.

Next you clean and prep the uncooked crabs. I'll spare you the gory details of that process, and add them directly to the broth halved, shells and all. Continue simmering covered for about an hour.

Done properly, the meat is easily sucked from the shells without picking.

Macaroni and cheese that I "doctored up" with vegetarian chorizo and a few other vegetables, an Indian milk sweet that has rose water and pistachios (I forget what it's called, so sue me) and vanilla chai sweetened with sucralose. For dessert, I had a homemade apple "hand pie", kinda like what Hostess used to sell, but with more fruit in the filling, less "sauce", sucralose instead of sugar (to lower the carbs) and no animal fats in the pastry.

Might make a vegetarian Hungarian goulash for this evening's dinner, or something with the sugar-free orange marmalade and some kind of vegetarian "meat".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Went yondering on the Murray with the lad in the wee hours. Gonna be some right golden perch on the barbie tonight!

Hey, they was good too.;) One of those days you just dangle your bait over the side and they jump right in the boat.

You and my late father would've been fishing mates, along with one of my former next-door neighbors here in Milwaukee. They didn't mind "drowning a few worms" when it was fishing season, plus they would clean the ones that they kept. Both dad and Houston are probably going after this one catfish that would steal the bait right off the fooking hook Couldn't catch any salmon because of that one fish!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back