Inflame thyself in prayer

Discussion in 'Magick' started by Cino, Nov 28, 2018.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I will also be short lived, as were the apostles who thought Jesus was just on a vacation with Dad and would be right back.

On one hand you say I believe it all to be physical and then proceed to tell me my belief system is all based on the power of the mind.

But as you are aware I am a firm believer in science and doctors. While they are as fallable as the best philosophers and scientists and religionists of the past a.number of.them just put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

I am still.fairly assured, I have yet to meet,.hear or read anything from anyone who has the answers to this universe, much less the hereafter or the nonphysical even remotely.

2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Whoa, chill, bro! :D I can only go on what you tell me.

Only because you consistently tell me science will one day provide the answer to everything, and you deny the 'mystical'?

I can't speak for your personal beliefs, and I never said that. I did say 'speaking generally' and then quoted James, who also said he was speaking generally.

And, generally, positive thinking seems to crop up a lot in the 19th century 'new thought' denominations. You can follow the arc of development from there to today.

So am I. A religious belief does not preclude a belief in science?

HakimPtsid likes this.
  3. wil

wil UNeyeR1

idk which is the horse and which is the cart

4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I think they're two different vehicles. Problems arise when either one starts making pronouncements concerning matters in the sphere of the other.

As Aquinas said, every science proceeds according to its own axioms.

HakimPtsid likes this.