Oral Torah, Sacred Tradition, Ahadith

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions' started by Cino, Feb 2, 2019.

1. ScholarlySeeker

ScholarlySeeker Active Member

Right? Yeah this was the same Martin Harris who actually talked with Jesus Christ in the form of a deer (none other) for over 2 miles on the way home one day... yeah, one of the 3 witnesses to the Book of Mormon. That's the guy.

2. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens Admin

Ok, but putting aside the obvious reservations:Why should the new universal saviour of the whole world, seem to manifest as and for Abrahamic understanding, keyed into life of Christ, etc -- to the extent of, and with all respect, even seeming by apologists rather desperately to even need to mimic the events of the life of Christ?

What about Krishna, Buddha, etc?

I wonder what the Pope made of this bit:
    Sorry but you have entered the room here as an apologist?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Tone Bristow-Stagg likes this.
  3. Tone Bristow-Stagg

Tone Bristow-Stagg Active Member

That is indeed the quandary we face with our choice as to what is from God and what is from our own selves.

We can only look at what is offered by the people that claim to be Messengers and make a choice.

The issue here is, many are not looking, even though they should be.

Regards Tony

4. Tone Bristow-Stagg

Tone Bristow-Stagg Active Member

Please do not apologise, like you I choose to put myself in this room.

I personally see no Messengers mimics another, as they are God given missions. What happens to them is the Will of God, what we see is our test of Faith.

What it does show though, is that many prophecies about the Messiah may be more applicable to this age of the Bab and Baha'u'llah, than the age of Jesus the Christ. It may also show why the Jews did not accept Christ as the Messiah.

Baha'u'llah has explained that all the Mesengers are One, they all proceed from the same source, the Holy Spirit, wheras we are born of the human spirit. That is why Jesus said we must be born again. It also gives us a glimpse of what the virgin birth was showing us, that even though the Messenger is born from the womb, they are in reality already alive, wheras we need to find Faith to be born again.

So a Baha'i sees Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus Christ, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah as One, we make no distinction in the Station of them all. God gives them a preordained message, which we see makes them different, until we look at the core Spiritual values, over the laws of the age.

The Pope did not respond to Baha'u'llah and Baha'u'llah had told him the power was seized from the church. The Catholic power was seized and was diminished to a Paple state, wheras not long before it had power in many nations.

Big topics, fun discussions.

Regards Tony

5. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic) Admin

The Buddhist canon contains very detailed personal reports of his enlightenment, which was after his birth, he was not born enlightened or awake. I'm not aware of any passage where he claims divine nature, or a divine purpose. Rather, the Buddha praised the human condition as the most conducive to awakening. He claimed the title of "best teacher of gods and humans". There are numerous discourses delivered by him, where he says that even the highest being is subject to impermanence, and on top of that, misled into believing to be the creator of the universe due to having been the first one to witness it.

I think the claim that the Buddha taught the same kind of message as Baha'u'llah must be based on something other than familiarity with the Buddha's teachings.

Is there any indication that Baha'u'llah had access to Buddhist literature and actual, live Buddhists to come to his conclusion regarding the compatibility of his teachings with Buddhism? I know he spent time in the Kurdish mountains with Sufi recluses, but did he ever visit a Buddhist area?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  6. ScholarlySeeker

ScholarlySeeker Active Member

Tone Bristow-Stagg
    I see that all the Messengers suffer to show us the Love of One God.

SS
    I don't need to see anyone suffer to see the love of the One God for us. I see this world, this magnificent universe. Suffering has nothing to do with seeing God's love, at least not so far as I can discern...