Gatekeeper

Shades of Reason
Reaction score
or was it 36, or was it 17, or was it 12, or was it 100? 42361712100 that's a binary code in case you're wondering. Where's Charles? I mean RadarMark, our resident quaker/quantum physicist? Can anyone translate? I just spoke in tongue ... go figure. ;) I mean literally .. go figure.

23?

Cold war era numbers radio!

She said: Hey baby, what's your sign"? I replied: "01010100 01110111 01100101 01101110 01110100 01111001 00100000 01110100 01110111 01101111"

Well, that just kinda rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

Last edited:
I could have replied Capricorn, but where's the fun in that? Instead I gave my life path number, which in all honesty, just sounds better in writing. I was once told by an old associate that "it's all about the numbers".

Life path number 22

The life path number 22 holds more power than any other number (earning it the nickname "the Master Builder"). It is a pragmatic number, a doer, capable of spinning wild dreams into concrete reality. Those who have 22 in their Numerology chart have great potential for success -- that's because it has all the intuition of the number 11, paired with a grounded and scientific approach associated with the number 4 (because 2 + 2 = 4). 22 is an ambitious but disciplined number.

The 22 represents lofty goals brought down to earth and made into something you can touch. It is a grandiose thinker with great confidence and leadership qualities. Unfortunately, not everyone with a 22 in their chart is practical -- this is symbolized by the brilliant person you might know who doesn't "live up to" their potential. This is the danger of both the 11 and 22 -- though both are capable of greatness, they can shy away from great opportunities or apply too much pressure to themselves.

If you have 22 in your chart, ease up and realize your limitless opportunities. Turn down the pressure-cooker and realize your shot at serving the world in an effective and practical way.

The life path number 22 holds more power than any other number (earning it the nickname "the Master Builder").
Does anyone know when '22' made its appearance as a significant number? (as with 11 and 33, but not 44, 55, etc?)

I always understood your life number was between 1-9, arrived at by continually adding together, so if you're 23 12 1988 then 2+3+1+2+1+9+8+8 = 34, 3+4 = 7 ... so where does 22 etc come from? Is this new? ... Just idle curiosity ...

32-12 Springboks vs England Saturday past in Japan.

Rugby world cup final. As in rugby, not American football and world cup as in the whole of the World beyond the US, lol.

Yay. Go Bokke!

Oh sorry, that's 44 not 42. Still ... close enough.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when '22' made its appearance as a significant number? (as with 11 and 33, but not 44, 55, etc?)

I always understood your life number was between 1-9, arrived at by continually adding together, so if you're 23 12 1988 then 2+3+1+2+1+9+8+8 = 34, 3+4 = 7 ... so where does 22 etc come from? Is this new? ... Just idle curiosity ...

Not sure really when, but maybe it has something to do with Qabbalah which places alot of significance on numbers and the numeric values of the Hebrew alphabet - which has 22 letters ???

Reactions: RJM

I had never understood numerology and still don't, but from I do understand, is that it's all based on name and birth dates. Similar to astrology, only in mathematical applications. Like words, and art, and communication, well .. like the logos … I guess...things like this have power. Say, some read binary code like a book, others can look at a painting and understand it, others can look at body language and what that person is feeling, and the same is true for hieroglyphics, and all other forms of communication and expression.

... is that it's all based on name and birth dates...
Quite, that's how I understood it, and all numbers reduce down to 1-9, so 22 would be reduced to 4, and so on.

There are 22 cards in the major arcana of the Tarot for example, but that begins, or ends, and actually is in, zero, not number 22. The 'fool' card actually transcends all the others.

I only bring this up because I have the sneaking feeling this 22/33 thing is a relatively recent addition.

It's all just fun and games, until people start making up connections
Quite.

I mean, it all hangs on the Gregorian calendar ... By that working my number is 9. If I used a Japanese calendar it's 4. Hebrew calendar, 7. Moslem calendar, 6. So go figure what number you want, then find a calendar to support it! :D

Having said that, we shouldn't discount numbers, they are, after all, the means by which we measure, define, predict, validate, prove, disprove science ... without numbers, science would fall flat on its arse.

And at very microscopic levels, the numbers become quite evident, where you can count particles and photons.

Oh, and the exclusion principle, and other parts of quantum mechanics, seem to indicate a "granularity" at that level, a little bit like pixels on the screen or bits of memory. Only a little bit, but still very fascinating, that it really is observable integer numbers in the essence of matter and energy.

The universe has some interesting numbers describing it, like Pi the circle number, which pops up in many formulaic descriptions of physical phenomena.

And at very microscopic levels, the numbers become quite evident, where you can count particles and photons.

Oh, and the exclusion principle, and other parts of quantum mechanics, seem to indicate a "granularity" at that level, a little bit like pixels on the screen or bits of memory. Only a little bit, but still very fascinating, that it really is observable integer numbers in the essence of matter and energy.

The universe has some interesting numbers describing it, like Pi the circle number, which pops up in many formulaic descriptions of physical phenomena.
I believe quantum physics uses 'imaginary numbers' derived from (i) the (impossible) square root of minus one -- as an essential mathematical tool?

I believe quantum physics uses 'imaginary numbers' derived from (i) the (impossible) square root of minus one -- as an essential mathematical tool?
Yes, extensively. The maths is really interesting, if one is into that.

To the ancient Greeks, numbers like Pi or the square root of 2 were 'impossible numbers' because they cannot be written as a fraction or ratio of integers. Then the rules governing all these irrational numbers like Pi, that populate the space between the rational ones (which can be written as a ratio), were discovered.

The rules for operating with i the square root of -1, are also regular and mathematical. This generalization of the real numbers, which include i, is called the Complex Numbers, which can be pictured as a plane (our normal numbers, positive and negative, can all be aranged on a line) And there are bodies of numbers even "beyond" these, the Quaternions, which still behave somewhat like numbers.

Amazing stuff, numbers, I love them.

Reactions: RJM
And there are bodies of numbers even "beyond" these, the Quaternions, which still behave somewhat like numbers.

Amazing stuff, numbers, I love them.
Boggling stuff, to me, lol ...

Back