Psychopaths seem to have free will

Who argued this?

You know when people claim the know something for SURE about minds I guess this might have less to do with them beeing atheist OR religious but with beeing nacricisticly in love with their reasoning capabilities OR beeing nacricistically in love with their reasoning capabilities.

But here is the video that makes said natuarlistic claim (if you want to waste your time on that kind of simplicism):

I yesterday meditated on my so called "nerve fibres" giving me chronic pain signals. And it just became (emotionally) clear to me that I have no idea what they are (I contrast emotional insight with pure logic insight, emotional insight is often slower than logic). I think that I have learned what they "are" by funny text book drawings in aquarel colours, anatomic pictures and so on.

But the problem is that I do not understand what matter is let alone what "living matter" is. Matter (as Kant would have aproved) is just a name that we give to a certain collection of repeted experieces (patterns of experiences) attached to certain objects (patterns of experiences) that we hope are outside of our mind, not the "thing in itself".

The thing in itself, the nerve fiber in itself, my brain matter and pattern in itself is absolutely mysterious to me. I repeat: I do not know what all that is.

I hence have no clue how other people can draw the conclusion from watching matter or energy patterns that no one can be evil or evil as a free choice does not exist. I for my part notice the moment when I choose evil: I give into the impulse of evil instead of restraining it. If one does that a lot I am perfectly sure it will form the unconcious part of the mind too, so that many smaller evil choices become unconcious choices that do not look like free will.

But anyway maybe there is something like "evil matter"? And what happens it if we substract all that we think we know about "matter" from the concept of "matter"?

It has long been argued that evil does not exist because psychopaths are born without empathy and are hence not really evil.

This is not true.

Psychopaths can choose if they want to be empathic or not - they just choose to switch empathy on for the wrong reasons:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-23431793

Psychopaths are very manipulative and can switch on the charm, but I'm not sure that's real empathy. I dont know how that relates to being "evil", since it's how they actually behave that matters, not how they might behave.

Psychopaths are very manipulative and can switch on the charm, but I'm not sure that's real empathy.
No, I don't think it does. Ant Middleton, ex military and currently a media luvvie is well out there on the scale, but his own admission, which made him an ideal and very successful SAS candidate. He has said he does not register the emotions of others. Married five times, his latest survives (so far) on the basis that his wife has a yellow and a red card. So when he's out of order, she shows him a card and he stops, red card means he needs to do some serious repair work, but he freely admits there's no emotion in it ...

I dont know how that relates to being "evil", since it's how they actually behave that matters, not how they might behave.
I don't see what empathy has to do with evil? Evil is, by definition, the wilful and knowledgeable doing of what one knows to be wrong.

Start at the beginning, go all the way until the end then stop.

Last edited:
Is it possible to read a psychopath's mind? Then comment on how a psychopath thinks
Read someone's mind? No, I don't think so.

There are some almost stereotypical behaviors psychopaths often exhibit (the so-called "dark triad" in case you want to google). In that sense, they can be predictable. But only in that very general sense.

Somethings are useless information, to each their own
What are you considering to be useless information?

When you don’t reference the post you are responding to, it can be very confusing.

Back