What denomination or sect are you?

Lol, as long as the definition of God is just as ambiguous.
Of course it's ambiguous. Man can't limit God to their scriptures. But abiogenesis is only the mechanism, incredible though the mechanism is.

The universe has a spiritual origin.

It's nice to be told to stay at home. It takes away all the need to think and make our own decisions. It makes us all the same. Can't go there. Can't do that. By order.

Man can't limit science to their scriptures.
Of course I know that. There are people who call down terrible curses and punishments upon unbelievers who do not adhere to their own book. There are people who think they have their own God club.

It's easy: wear the uniform, follow orders, march in step, repeat the words -- exclude those who do not believe the precise details of what you believe.

But there are also very many people who believe in God who know they are allowed to ask questions, and who accept that science makes nonsense of many scriptural passages.

However abiogenesis only demonstrates the mechanism. It does nothing to disprove God. Nor does the big bang. And what I'm saying is that the Bible, at least, does not dispute that the universe came into existence in a single instant from nothing, and then developed -- or that life came into existence from 'dust' or whatever anyone likes to call it?

Last edited:
Are denominations and sects only classified as religion?

Are there denominations and sect not associated with religion?

But seriously, it think it can be divisions/sections of other things, but hear on I/0 I was asking of religions.

As it is the most common denominator.

'Sect' sounds like a derivation from 'disect' or 'section' which implies splitting off from an existing religion, not the creation of a new one?

EDIT
Sorry, but that's not what @KnowSelf asked, is it? I can't think of where the terms may be used outside a religious context?

Last edited:
I was raised Catholic until 12 years old when I declared that I was an atheist and stopped going to church. At 26, I joined a non-denominational cult for 12 years which of course was the worst mistake of my life. Then I left that and a few years later stopped going to church altogether. At age 45, I officially defected from the Catholic church as I had not yet, which was the best decision of my life to that point. I had already become an atheist again, around age 38.
I will be an atheist for the rest of my life. I feel that I have discovered the truth-- or, more accurately, no falsehood-- in atheism.

I will be an atheist for the rest of my life. I feel that I have discovered the truth
Were you certain before 11? Were you certain in the cult? And this certainty is different?

I personally find declarations that are eternal both admirable (in that it is beyond my ken) and strange (for the same reason)

I'm an agnostic (but I reserve the right to change my thought/understanding based on new information)

1. In conformity with canon III A (7), all candidates for ordination or incardination must receive the approval of their local Ordinary. 2 A candidate for ordination shall have applied on the prescribed application form and shall have provided evidence of his or her religious and secular qualifications along with details of suitability for ordination and a criminal background check. He or she must provide evidence or otherwise affirm that he or she has been baptised and confirmed."

The seminary is online. How is a priest ordained? Is it done online? What is a 'local Ordinary'?

Does one just have to submit this form, to become a priest:
https://169f6663-f11f-4e3d-9e08-973...d/f88bc9_fa7b2611f89a4964bb51de1d45e5153e.pdf

I am just asking questions.

The form is a place to start. The seminary is online but ordination is done in the old time way, by the laying on of hands. I am the local ordinary for NZ, that is, I am the bishop for NZ. If we were as large as the RCC the local ordinary would be the bishop of the city in which you reside.

The form is a place to start. The seminary is online but ordination is done in the old time way, by the laying on of hands. I am the local ordinary for NZ, that is, I am the bishop for NZ. If we were as large as the RCC the local ordinary would be the bishop of the city in which you reside.
Thank you.
Is 2014 the date of your foundation?
If so ROCC is quite new?
Please do not think I am being unfriendly. As a Catholic I am genuinely inquisitive.

I feel that I have discovered the truth-- or, more accurately, no falsehood-- in atheism.

What does atheism claim besides there being no God(s) that we can verify as not being false?

Also welcome :)

Back