Sufism, Rumi, Heaven, hell, universal salvation or it's irrelevance?

Discussion in 'Islam' started by Fry, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Ahanu

Ahanu Well-Known Member

It is possible, but I don't know anybody that would intentionally place their hand on a hot stove and leave it there. To do so would be irrational, so to remain in that state of rejection forever would likewise be irrational.

2. muhammad_isa

muhammad_isa Save Our Souls Staff Member

It is irrational. I think that you might agree that mankind can be irrational.
    I wouldn't like to think that any of us are going to hell .. but I'm concerned .. it is so easy to make a big mistake.
    We all rely on God's mercy.

3. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

Oh, I would agree.

I'd also like to direct our attention at the circumstances a given member of mankind finds themselves in, because they could also give a lot of clues as to why they might deliberately grasp at the proverbial hot stove.

Simpler examples like the minimum wage earner coming back to a hated job, burning up their alotted life time, or the abused child returning home to the abusers: irrational, yes, concerning, yes, understandable given the material circumstance, yes, I think.

I like it that some of what my sufi friends talked about was paying close attention to everyday things, to circumstances and conditions. This type of insight grounded in the gross material parameters of our lives yields more understanding of what moves people than working from first principles, such as hell or heaven.

Again, IMO.