Happy Samhain / All Saints Eve / Día de los Muertos

Cino

Big Love! (Atheist mystic)
Veteran Member
Reaction score
... to all who celebrate.

This is a holiday I observe with a little ritual of drinking something distilled and remembering my dead, besides the obligatory donations of sweets to any kids allowed out. Last year, there was nothing of that kind going on.

Reactions: RJM
... to all who celebrate.

This is a holiday I observe with a little ritual of drinking something distilled and remembering my dead, besides the obligatory donations of sweets to any kids allowed out. Last year, there was nothing of that kind going on.
Enjoy Cino :)

20211031_103541.jpg

I'll probably end up having to eat them all myself again, lol ...
They're nice

We had the ancestor's fortnight last month and then the nine day Devi festival, then burning of Ravana effigy (Dussehra). We will have five-day Diwali festivities from this Wednessday to Saturday. Dhan Teras (lit. Money Thirteenth - the auspicious day to buy new things, especially utensils and house-hold items, even if it is just a spoon, or gold if one has money), Lesser Diwali, Diwali, Govardhan Puja (ritual feeding of animals) and Bhai Dooj (a festival for brothers and sisters).

Normally, we have a gathering of people of three generations for dinner on this day (some 40 people). I do not know if that has been arranged this time or by whom (this is by rotation). We will be informed. Then we will have a four-day Chath festival (worship of Sun God and his spouse) from Nov. 8 to 11. This is for North and Central India. People in South will have their own festivals, I am not completely aware of them, but finding it out through the religious calendars is easy. Oh, yeah, every day is a festival day in India. :)

Dhan Teras, Diwali, Govardhan, Bhai Dooj, Chath
2596_dhan_4060.jpg
1508307382-8457.jpg

Diwali-puja-lucky-colour-Main.jpg

main-qimg-b8ffe5bb4c7c8fd32e088e08dfb4ab12-lq
bhaidooj2019.jpg

chhath-puja-2020-il_1605595518.jpeg

Last edited:
Back