What is the Baha'i message in simple words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is a carry over from
Reading with New Eyes, Hearing with New Ears
https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/20268/

Are Baha'i spokesmen willing to depart from the normal practice of referring questions to Baha'i tracts and scriptures, and to try in their own words, to help people understand in open debate what their core belief is?

This thread can be removed, retitled or moved to another section, if anyone wants that?

Last edited:
@Tone Bristow-Stagg has provided a graphic. Can it be redrawn as a ladder? If not, what of the previous faiths or messages?
This is a good resource to see how God's Covenants work.

View attachment 2985
upload_2022-8-7_16-30-31.png

Most religions are not about changing the world, but about God's personal relationship with the eternal soul. Apart from obvious roots, most religions are an interface between God and the individual believer, by protecting eternal truths within their (ancient) structure. Historic tribal mores aside, it's not about corralling believers into material worldly causes, even good ones. It's about the soul.

Of course that's not to say a person shouldn't try to make the world a better place around him where he can.

Not saying people never use religion as a rallying flag for war etc; that's not the fault of the religion. But where a religion aims to becomes a social or political force, is probably where it can be seen to be going off the rails?

Imo. Just my thoughts ...

Last edited:
This should be in the Baha'i forum.

Most religions are not about changing the world, but about God's personal relationship with the eternal soul. Apart from obvious roots, most religions are an interface between God and the individual believer, by protecting eternal truths within their (ancient) structure. Historic tribal mores aside, it's not about corralling believers into material worldly causes, even good ones. It's about the soul.

I see it is both. We are given flesh in the matrix of this world to be given the opportunity to know of God, which is all about Love.

We must remember it is the Lords prayer that we make earth like the Heavenly home.

Mathew 6:9-13 "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

To do that we must be born again from the material mind unto the heavenly mind.

Sorry, but it is only fair that any comment I make is supported by quotes from the 'Word of God'. Be it the Bible, the Quran or the Baha'i Writings.

Regards Tony

But where a religion aims to becomes a social or political force, is probably where it can be seen to be going off the rails?

I see that when people embrace what is from God, it can guide them in implementing a fair and just system of rule.

The greatest of rulers are those that have understood teachings such as the Golden Rule and what it is to be just.

The further the rule of men gets away from God given guidance, the further it slips into the darkness of ignorance and anarchy. I see that is an obvious repercussion.

God does not want to rule the earth, God gives us the chance of submitting to God's Will and when we do, that light can be seen in our actions from Kings, Queens, President's and our elected leaders.

Quote in support.

"..We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance.

Liberty must, in the end, lead to sedition, whose flames none can quench. Thus warneth you He Who is the Reckoner, the All-Knowing. Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness..."

https://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/KA/ka-7.html

Regards Tony

People like Mother Theresa don't try to change the world. They try to help individual people. I cannot imagine that someone like John Brabourne working with lepers, was interested in changing the consciousness of kings and rulers? https://www.johnbradburne.icom/

Certainly it was never the central drive of their faith? It's not what they got up in the morning to try to achieve?

@Tone Bristow-Stagg you use the word "we' a lot. I think most religions are about the individual soul, not directed at material society in general? Where does the 'we' come into it?

We all eminate from the human spirit. We are many bodies divided by mind. Many scriptures ask us to be as one mind/soul.

This is the Oneness of the Messengers, they all eminate from the eternal Holy Spirit. They are not men (human) like us, they are as One.

One Bible verse in support.

Philippians 2:2 "then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind"

Then how we are born again.

1 Corinthians 6:17 "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit"

Regards Tony

People like Mother Theresa don't try to change the world. They try to help individual people. I cannot imagine that someone like John Brabourne working with lepers, was interested in changing the consciousness of kings and rulers? https://www.johnbradburne.icom/

Certainly it was never the central drive of their faith? It's not what they got up in the morning to try to achieve?

See Thich Nhat Hanh and his concept of engaged Buddhism.

What do Jesus tell the Diciples to do? Both teaching and service are part of faith.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

Abdul'baha was our example. Service to all humanity is indeed the right way to live.

Regards Tony

What do Jesus tell the Diciples to do? Both teaching and service are part of faith.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

Abdul'baha was our example. Service to all humanity is indeed the right way to live.

Regards Tony
Tony, Paul was addressing small church groups. He wasn't trying to address the world at large. These quotes are removed from their context.

What do you want people to do? What do you want me, for instance, to do?

It is naught to do with my wishes and desires RJM.

May God's Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Regards Tony
It will be, won't it? Doesn't bring me any closer to understanding Baha'i really. Good night Tony ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back