This is my path and what I believe.

powessy

Reaction score
There are billions of people on the planet all searching for “why” we exist, “why” we are here, “is there” a God, “is there” an after life. There are hundreds of religions all with their take on life here and the afterlife there, but what is your belief?

What is your personal path? What do you personally believe? What is your personal belief about why we are here? What other then religion teaches you about how to live your life?

Powessy

I was an atheist or non-believer for most of my life. Religions and thoughts about them just made me shake my head and roll my eyes. I see things most do not see, I see myself standing on a line in the sand with words on it. The words are from ourselves, they teach me that we will not cross this line, if we do we are not ourselves anymore. This line is how I lead my life it is how I interpret right from wrong and how I learn things.

We are all within this line as it is part of all of us. Those outside of the line have chosen not to be part of ourselves and have crossed this line.

The simplest thought you can glean from ourselves is “ do unto others as you wish others to do unto you”.

powessy

Reactions: RJM
II see things most do not see, I see myself standing on a line in the sand with words on it. The words are from ourselves, they teach me that we will not cross this line, if we do we are not ourselves anymore. This line is how I lead my life it is how I interpret right from wrong and how I learn things.
powessy

Can you give some examples, from your life, of using that line to live your life, to interpret right and wrong, and to learn things?

Can you give some examples, from your life, of using that line to live your life, to interpret right and wrong, and to learn things?

This line can teach you everything if you know how to view it or ask it questions. The feelings are like wall’s or rough terrain.

For example let’s say I want something and cannot afford it, but my friend has one, should I steal it from him. The answer is simple no I should not steal from him.

In my mind I see lines horizontally positioned, which means it takes more time to figure out, stop and do nothing. Vertical lines means that there is nothing wrong and proceed.

the problem with all things is that there are grey areas of thoughts or I call fine lines of time. Stealing is wrong but when is it right to steal. This is where temptations come into play and how they push us over the line. Temptations will try to get you out on these fine lines to get you to compromise your position or your beliefs.

We are already born as ourselves so right and wrong is mostly built in. As they say it “ it has to become something here many times to become something here all the time”.

I will add more tomorrow.

Powessy

What is your personal path? What do you personally believe? What is your personal belief about why we are here? What other then religion teaches you about how to live your life?
'Advaita', non-duality. Ask what I do not believe in, more there rather than what I believe in: Gods, messengers, prophets, creation, birth, death, heaven, hell, judgment, deliverance, etc. We are here because of chance, probability. Family and social environment, education, experiences in life.

We are here because of chance, probability. Family and social environment, education, experiences in life.
I was walking by and thought I’d stop long enough to wish you a Happy Birthday!

My personal path is one of self-discovery of my personality, my strengths and weaknesses, and what my contributions to my community and society should best be.

My belief about why I am here is basically, because my mom and dad brought me into being by ... um ... going to bed together, as did their parents, all according to the patterns of this universe.

I don't have a religion that tells me how to live my life. My spiritual practice does not prescribe an ethical framework. I draw my ethical standards from humanist values.

'Advaita', non-duality. Ask what I do not believe in, more there rather than what I believe in: Gods, messengers, prophets, creation, birth, death, heaven, hell, judgment, deliverance, etc. We are here because of chance, probability. Family and social environment, education, experiences in life.

I often try to go back in time to understand how all was created and how everything here came to exist. I have one image or thought but this image memory is not mine I think it is theirs. I am somewhere on a coast line, the area is rocky small to medium rocks all smoothed over from the ocean. I look back and I see a space craft of some sort with it belly dock down. I see or feel what seems to be small minds like mice or stowaways leaving the ship.

I want to tell one more story to link my thoughts together. Just prior to finding time inside myself, within my mothers womb, I hold a memory. I was standing in the veil of my mothers clinic room at the hospital peering in. There was an aged man to the left of me talking about what was going to happen but his words and my thoughts are foggy. I remember a book on the podium he was at and walking over to sign it. This man pointed to the place I was to sign but I had no understanding of these things and just made xxxxxx’s. As I walked away from the podium and down to my left there was a small child playing with a yellow bulldozer.

All my life I have tried to understand this image until recently I discovered it’s meaning. There are only two kinds of minds in the veil that can teach you anything. The children are what I refer to as me’s and then mitochondria.

So how does all this tie together you see I believe it was those little minds mice or whatever they were that introduced this world to mitochondria, they are the bulldozers.

In the bacteria world only one thought finds time more then any other and that is, “ I need to become many more minds then this to figure ourselves/things/something out”. The diversity of our planet might just be built on their want to become something here.

just interesting thoughts about thoughts.

powessy

I was walking by and thought I’d stop long enough to wish you a Happy Birthday!

I am not religious nor do I understand religious thoughts very well, what does it mean to you to be a rabbi?

Powessy

This line can teach you everything if you know how to view it or ask it questions. The feelings are like wall’s or rough terrain.

For example let’s say I want something and cannot afford it, but my friend has one, should I steal it from him. The answer is simple no I should not steal from him.

In my mind I see lines horizontally positioned, which means it takes more time to figure out, stop and do nothing. Vertical lines means that there is nothing wrong and proceed.

the problem with all things is that there are grey areas of thoughts or I call fine lines of time. Stealing is wrong but when is it right to steal. This is where temptations come into play and how they push us over the line. Temptations will try to get you out on these fine lines to get you to compromise your position or your beliefs.

We are already born as ourselves so right and wrong is mostly built in. As they say it “ it has to become something here many times to become something here all the time”.
Powessy

Do the lines ever change? For example, do they stop you now sometimes from doing some things that they allowed you to do before? Do they allow you now sometimes to do things that they stopped you from doing before?

Do the lines ever change? For example, do they stop you now sometimes from doing some things that they allowed you to do before? Do they allow you now sometimes to do things that they stopped you from doing before?

As we age and mature our thinking also changes so the lines also change.

Example of changing thoughts and ourselves. When I was younger my thoughts about drugs or the use of them was a hard line “NO”. I believed that those that did drugs were losers and would never amount to anything. This hard line is very large and has many names on it. As I got older And witnessed that not all people that do drugs are losers. The hard line still remains for me in my mind but I see that there is another line also one that teaches me that not all drug users are bad.

When younger I drank alcohol regularly and the lines were always clearly open, but why? People accept alcohol and drinking seemed to be accepted amongst ourselves.

now a day’s I prefer sitting in a room of pot smokers verses drinkers due to the changing in the lines and the low drama.

powessy

Reactions: RJM
There are billions of people on the planet all searching for “why” we exist, “why” we are here, “is there” a God, “is there” an after life. There are hundreds of religions all with their take on life here and the afterlife there, but what is your belief?

Powessy
Reply removed at user's own request

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to stick to the widely accepted "dont know, dont care about god" camp. At least, until I heard a voice in my head speak the words of the Tao Te Ching in my head almost verbatim. I didnt know it was the Tao cos I had never heard or seen anything about it then. It got me interested enough in religion to search online about many religions and then my mind was blown when i read the words(was one, became 2, became 3, became 10K) first in Lao Tse's book. I still cant explain it but it made me believe that an intelligent entity exists and can communicate with Man. Maybe the subconscious is our link to God.
A second time the words "The future is uncertain. Just Be." were injected into my mind.
And finally while tying my shoes once, I had an experience of nonduality but was told by my doc that it was a 'delusion'. Almost agreed, until I realized it was foolish to believe another person's opinion of veracity about a reality they had never experienced. Not blaming him but realize that he only has his psych textbook as source of truth.

Now I believe, if a god exists, it would be a being of unconditional love. Not punishing based on judgements. If we go back to the infinite state of god when we die, all would be welcome. Including murderers, rapists and pedophiles. It is in this finite, earthly life that we know we suffer. But suffering while linked to emotion is the result of perceptions by our conditioned brains. Negative reactions to mental goodness or badness, for me at least, also exist mostly in the mind. We may not always be able to accept negative states of mind, but they are a part of human life in this uncertain reality we all share. I respect the power of religion to bring peace of heart to those in suffering. Add in the unexplained magic of placebos and we got spiritual healing! So believing in a loving God CAN cure your illnesses and provide relief during troubled times! Not always powerful but happens frequently enough...

I feel that I got lucky in life despite having Multiple Personality Disorder. I will never be a father or husband(again) but I don't need to. I've never had to make an income and i have stable access to good food, sanitation, shelter, internet, desktop and the meds I need to stay alive. Those are the physical 'goods' i got in life and don't have to worry about now. If I dont expect anything when I wake up, I find the universe does gift me with both mentally and physically rewarding experiences every now and then. The little things add up over time especially if I practice gratitude. I realize not everyone in this world has them and i dont think we will ever have a world where everyone does. The ego is a brain system that would require radical evolving for that to change to purely positive and even if it did, we would seek the negative because an a-ok life for everyone would be meaningless and quickly lead to bore. We need to lose and fail in life to learn to appreciate what we have....

until I heard a voice in my head speak the words of the Tao Te Ching in my head almost verbatim. I didnt know it was the Tao cos I had never heard or seen anything about it then. It got me interested enough in religion to search online about many religions and then my mind was blown when i read the words(was one, became 2, became 3, became 10K) first in Lao Tse's book. I still cant explain it but it made me believe that an intelligent entity exists and can communicate with Man. Maybe the subconscious is our link to God.
A second time the words "The future is uncertain. Just Be." were injected into my mind.
And finally while tying my shoes once, I had an experience of nonduality but was told by my doc that it was a 'delusion'. Almost agreed, until I realized it was foolish to believe another person's opinion of veracity about a reality they had never experienced. Not blaming him but realize that he only has his psych textbook as source of truth.
I identify strongly with what you say, especially the part about having a 'spiritual revelation' and then later having it confirmed by the words of some scriptural text. It's like: "Oh yes, I understand."
If I dont expect anything when I wake up, I find the universe does gift me with both mentally and physically rewarding experiences every now and then. The little things add up over time especially if I practice gratitude.
I will remember this advice

Thanks for your post

I identify strongly with what you say, especially the part about having a 'spiritual revelation' and then later having it confirmed by the words of some scriptural text. It's like: "Oh yes, I understand."
Have you had a similar experience? Many times have I wondered if all that Science dismisses as 'delusional' thinking/experiences under the label of mental illness actually has a deeper meaning or not. I know I have had enough so as not to summarily dismiss and ignore them automatically anymore. Still, one's mind is one's own and the experiences within it cannot be shared except by verbal description....which is not always a fitting medium. Thats probably why Psychology is not fully recognized as a science when it tries to explain the mind.

Have you had a similar experience?
Well just the bit about finding confirmation in scripture of my own experience, and 'just let it be'

But I wouldn't want to go further with it here. Words don't go there anyway?

God to me is more accurately called The Creator. Non-denominational. And revealed through science. But a personal God. One who can offer wisdom beyond measure

Back