Community Life

Leveller

Reaction score
I am wondering if anybody here has ever been involved with community living of any type or may have an interest. I have experienced quite a few variations and on the whole have a high opinion of it.

I spent a couple of months on a Kibbutz in my younger days and loved it. Since then I have spent quite a bit of time at the Findhorn Foundation (a spiritual centre and eco-village) in Scotland. I have been on various Buddhist retreats and spent some time at a Quaker community. I have also lived in a military barracks. It surprises some people when I tell them that this can be a very positive experience of community life.

Such a life does suit me and is beneficial. If it were not for Findhorn I doubt that my spiritual life would have got off the ground.

Community life, the community, often revolves around spiritual beliefs. It is always around some belief, back to nature, living off the land, creative arts, animal lovers, vegan ism, environmental concerns... something bonds the community to work together for the whole

Today we have communes, Co-housing, intentional communities, all the way down to group homes. There are 6 folk in my house today, down 1 from 7. There are many community houses in the DC area living a variety of shared experiences.

There exists a lot of growth maintaining something other than the single family unit household

Community, commune, communion, tis definitely a portion of what attracts folks to religion.

There is community among our vocations I have bonds with carpenters or builders based on our shared experiences, same with mybavocations I belong in communities of jugglers, flow artists and burners. We don't cohabitate except going to and from and at events (but last year that was near 4 months together) working together for a common purpose, common goal, it is a good feeling

Community, commune, communion, tis definitely a portion of what attracts folks to religion.

There is community among our vocations I have bonds with carpenters or builders based on our shared experiences, same with mybavocations I belong in communities of jugglers, flow artists and burners. We don't cohabitate except going to and from and at events (but last year that was near 4 months together) working together for a common purpose, common goal, it is a good feeling
Do you juggle my friend? My son in law juggles and it fascinates me to no end. I'm very envious of people with skills that I can never possess!

Do you juggle my friend? My son in law juggles and it fascinates me to no end. I'm very envious of people with skills that I can never possess!
The jongleurs were linked to devils at various times in history, the magician and jugglers defied conventional notions, plus traveling from town to town they told outlandish stories but also brought news from afar. Since the health issues just getting under the keg and behind the back tosses back.

Back