Songs

Cino

Big Love! (Atheist mystic)
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Are there songs from your tradition or faith that are important to you? Which ones, and what do they mean to you?

At the end of the talk, lesson, sermon at most every Unity church the children from Sunday school would enter the sanctuary to song and applause from the congregation.

And then we would all get up (prepandemic) and walk to edges forming a circle and hold hands, as a community and with the children sing (I think it may be obvious what it meant to me) I would stand there, connected together with my kids, family, and fellow learners on this path, looking around the room, nodding acknowledgement as we connected eyes and hearts in song

Are there songs from your tradition or faith that are important to you? Which ones, and what do they mean to you?
In the Baha'i Faith prayers or sayings from the Bab, Baha'u'llah, and Abdu'l-Baha are usually set to music. In small gatherings at homes we often sit in a circle while singing and playing drums. The video below features words attributed to Abdu'l-Baha in the form of a song. "Where there is love, nothing is too much trouble and there is always time." I feel society suffers from an epidemic of busyness, and I feel this speaks to that.

Back