WHERE IS THE TOMB OF RACHEL.

The Anointed

Reaction score
On the way to Bethlehem of Judah or on the way to Bethlehem of Galilee?

The Northern town of Bethlehem is in the ancient land of Zebulun. Historians and scholars have previously suggested that Jesus was not born in Bethlehem in the West Bank, but another Bethlehem close to the borders of Lebanon and Syria. Jesus is referred to throughout the Bible as from Galilee, and as Jesus of Nazareth, so for some it makes sense he was born in this other Bethlehem.

Dr. Aviram Oshrim, an archaeologist with the Israel Antiquities Authority, supports the claim of the northern Bethlehem. He has been studying the matter since the 1990s, and has said he is “positive” of the true Bethlehem being near Nazareth.

Isaiah 9: 1-7; This prophecy by Isaiah would appear to support that belief: “The land of the tribes of Zebulun and Naphtali was once disgraced, but the future will bring honour to this region, from the Mediterranean eastwards to the land on the other side of the Jordan, and even to Galilee itself, where the foreigners live.

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light. They lived in a land of shadows, but now light is shining on them. You have given them great joy, LORD; you have made them happy. They rejoice in what you have done, as people rejoice when they harvest their corn or when they divide captured wealth.

For you have broken the yoke that burdened them and the rod that beat their shoulders. You have defeated the nation that oppressed and exploited your people, just as you defeated the army of Midian long ago. The boots of the invading army and all their bloodstained clothing will be destroyed by fire. A child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler.

He will be called, “Wonderful Counsellor”, “Mighty God”, “Eternal Father”, “Prince of Peace”. His royal power will continue to grow; his kingdom will always be at peace. He will rule as King David's successor, basing his power on right and justice, from now until the end of time. The LORD Almighty is determined to do all this.

Rachel died some 2,000 years before Jesus was born IMO in Bethlehem of Judaea, and Rachel was buried on the road to Bethlehem of Zebulun. And it is written in Matthew 2: 17-18; concerning the slaughter of the innocents in Bethlehem of Zebulun and its surrounding districts; “A sound is heard in Ramah, the sound of bitter weeping. Rachel is crying for her children; she refuses to be comforted, for they are dead.”

Genesis 35: 21; Hebrew Bible; ‘And Israel journeyed, and spread his tent beyond Migdal-eder.

Last edited:
Moving this thread to the Christian sub-forum.

If you're going to post about Jesus, the Christian forum is the right place to do so.

Moving this thread to the Christian sub-forum.

If you're going to post about Jesus, the Christian forum is the right place to do so.

Fair enough, but those who wish to find where the grave of Rachel is, will have to go to the Hebrew bible or the Christian translation of the Hebrew bible.

Fair enough, but those who wish to find where the grave of Rachel is, will have to go to the Hebrew bible or the Christian translation of the Hebrew bible.
You are welcome to do that here in the Christianity subforum.

Casual namedropping of Jesus comes across as proselytizing and disrespectful in the Judaism subforum. This is a site for interfaith dialogue, and being respectful of other's beliefs is a main ingredient of such dialogue.

You are welcome to do that here in the Christianity subforum.

Casual namedropping of Jesus comes across as proselytizing and disrespectful in the Judaism subforum. This is a site for interfaith dialogue, and being respectful of other's beliefs is a main ingredient of such dialogue.

And where have I been disrespectful to those of the Jewish faith? or do you believe that they are offended by the name 'Jesus'? Their God is my God, anyone who reads my posts will know that I do not worship Jesus as God.

But it matters not to me where you choose to place my posts.

And where have I been disrespectful to those of the Jewish faith?

Now might be a as good a day as any for you to do some research on Jewish Christian shared history.

or do you believe that they are offended by the name 'Jesus'?

You are invited to ask that very question in the Judaism section, with an open mind even for answers that don't support what you now think about the matter.

Or you could read down into older posts in that section.

Last edited:
Back