6“Yet I have [e]set My King
[f]On My holy hill of Zion.”
7“I will declare the [g]decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

8Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9You shall [h]break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”
10Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12Kiss the Son, lest [j]He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him

You are just going to have to get over it friend. That was The Father talking about His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. There is only ONE begotten Son of The Father. You either receive it or you don't.

And when, according to the Holy Scriptures was he begotten, and how was he begotten, according to the scriptures?

This is where English translation is sadly lacking from the original Greek. Monogenes in Greek in reference to John 3:16 pertains to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16 you can also see it in John 1:14, 18; 3:18; 1 John 4:9.

Are you a Jehovah Witness by chance because they have the same belief as you?

It does help to use a Greek lexicon when studying scripture.

If @Faithfulservant will allow:
And when, according to the Holy Scriptures was he begotten, and how was he begotten, according to the scriptures?
John 1:1-2 – "In the beginning (en arche) ... "
John 17:24 – "Father, I will that where I am, they also whom thou hast given me may be with me; that they may see my glory which thou hast given me, because thou hast loved me before the creation of the world."
Colossians 1:15 – "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature"
Ephesians 1:4 – “[God] chose us in [Christ] before the foundation of the world ..."
1 Peter 1:20 – "(Jesus Christ) foreknown before the foundation of the world.”
1 Corinthians 2:7 – "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, a wisdom which is hidden, which God ordained before the world... "

I would also like to take it a little deeper. Does it make more sense that God shedding His blood to cover the sins of all people for all time or simply a man dying? That's what makes it possible. If you take the diety out of Jesus Christ you are taking away an essential doctrine that allows for the gospel message to be so powerful and final. By denying Christ you are denying justification.. you are denying that the righteousness of Christ be imparted to us. You are denying the adoption that allows us to become sons and daughters of God through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Does it make more sense that God shedding His blood to cover the sins of all people for all time or simply a man dying?
John the Baptist is reported to have had his head cut off .. is that "simply a man dying"?
Jesus did not teach that our sins are "covered" .. and neither does the Catholic church.
We all have to answer for our sins.

John the Baptist is reported to have had his head cut off .. is that "simply a man dying"?
Jesus did not teach that our sins are "covered" .. and neither does the Catholic church.
We all have to answer for our sins.
I'm sorry you feel that way. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ not by works or our own merit. Paul's letter to the Romans addresses justification through faith and it means just as if we never sinned. That is the cause and effect of Jesus' sacrifice in the cross. It's what separates us from other religions like Islam. Our sin no longer has bearing on our salvation.

One of my favorite scriptures

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Edit to add that I am not Catholic so cannot speak to that.

I'm sorry you feel that way. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ not by works or our own merit.
I understand that..
..but I think it would be a mistake to think of it as "either/or".

I interpret your statement to mean that it is not our works that save us, but our faith.
However, that is not to say that our works are irrelevant, because clearly they are not.

I understand that..
..but I think it would be a mistake to think of it as "either/or".

I interpret your statement to mean that it is not our works that save us, but our faith.
However, that is not to say that our works are irrelevant, because clearly they are not.
If you understand that works is a product of our faith so that we cannot boast. They still do not save us as our works or righteousness are as filthy rags to God as Isaiah wrote.

I have always thought it's not what you do, it's the reason why you do it that counts.
I believe that when we as believers face the Lord to give an account.. it's not what we did for others with some motive that will count it's what we did without motive that will.

I believe that when we as believers face the Lord to give an account.. it's not what we did for others with some motive that will count it's what we did without motive that will.
Exactly what I hear from atheists and agnostics who wonder why theists need the motivation to do good.

If you understand that works is a product of our faith so that we cannot boast. They still do not save us as our works or righteousness are as filthy rags to God as Isaiah wrote.
Boasting and arrogance cannot save a person, no.
However righteous we are, we cannot be "pure" .. even saints.

Without God's forgiveness, then none amongst us could enter the Kingdom of God..
..regardless of religious persuasion.

Boasting and arrogance cannot save a person, no.
However righteous we are, we cannot be "pure" .. even saints.

Without God's forgiveness, then none amongst us could enter the Kingdom of God..
..regardless of religious persuasion.
When Jesus was on the cross He became Sin... ALL sin for ALL people. In receiving Him we became PURE like Him in the Father's eyes. That is what grace means. Mercy is that we don't deserve it.

Exactly what I hear from atheists and agnostics who wonder why theists need the motivation to do good.
Well that's just a nasty accusation. Everyone has a motive.. even wanting to feel good for helping someone else is a motive.

That agnostics and atheists think theists or Christians need a motive to do good. That's just nasty. Not sure why I need to spell it out for you that it was nasty. Your agnostics and atheists are prejudiced and need Jesus.

Back