Change to Nationalism Based Celebrations

Tony Bristow-Stagg

One Planet One People Please
Reaction score
Australia Day has just passed. An event that is viewed in different ways by the inhabitants of Australia. The descendants of the traditional custodians of the land, the descendants of the first fleets, the descendants of subsequent immigrations and the current immigrants all will see it in a different light.

So a bold proposal.

We have "Nation Day"

Every Nation of the world will celebrates the oneness of humanity with pride in the Nation they represent, both the birth Nation and adopted Nation, on the same day.

So at this time, all dispossessed peoples of former Nations and all people of all Nations, are an integral part of all the National celebrations, they are acknowledged and respected.

We get to celebrate the diverse cultures and our future as a united humanity. We get to put the pride we show as a Nation, into the pride of becoming a united humanity, working for the good of all peoples.

The catch cry, "One Planet, One People, Please!"

Regards Tony

Sounds like you mean planet day, I am not big on nationalism.

Will not celebrate the man-made border a sperm and egg happened to come to fruition on, but would gladly support support of our planet and non human species

Sounds like you mean planet day, I am not big on nationalism.

Will not celebrate the man-made border a sperm and egg happened to come to fruition on, but would gladly support support of our planet and non human species

Yes, we are one people on one planet, yet we need a unity in our diversity.

So we have die hard Nationalist and committed Global Citizens. So a balance will need to be set, that both can embrace.

Peace is not possible if we do not make compromises.

Regards Tony

So negative.

Positive virtues saves the world.

Regards Tony

I like your positivity. That's not one of my strong points, and I can appreciate what it takes to maintain it.

Regarding compromise with nationalists, I'm skeptical that this would be a constructive thing. History shows that such compromise never worked in favor of peace yet. We need to try something else.

Back