12 tribes and metaphysics

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
So welcome to my nightmare.

I am parking this here so I can dive back into it and others.can stir my soup.

My place to start on this is the birth and life of each leader. As mother gave birth to each son they named them based on something...and they became leaders....

My exploration is, is there value to these attributes, to recognize them and what it would mean to our lives should we quicken them, focus on them will it assist in our lives?

This concept has two influences, one is counting the omer...the counting of grain storage, to make decisions as to what to plant in the spring...the review of seven traits against each other in seven ways for seven weeks. https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/276673/jewish/Omer-1.htm

The second influence Unity's metaphysical exploration of the 12 disciples of Jesus. The basics of belief here is that Jesus gathered to him those who could support him on his mission, each in differing yet essential ways. And that focusing on those mindsets can help us on our travels thru the earthly plane and assist us in understanding. https://www.unity.org/collection/unity-12-powers

(Please note; links for explanation, if you wanna discuss larticulars of either Counting the Omer, or the 12 Powers concepts themselves please start a new thread in either the Christian board for the latter or the Judaism board for the former, much appreciated!)

So again, my interest, my exploration surrounds

Who were the leaders of the 12 tribes and what did each bring.to the table.

I think both beneficial traits and faults are.woth exploring here. To me anyway, as I don't think (currently).getting lost is beneficial...

And not just exploring in regards to the historical events, the who shot John, the battles, the begats...but examining all that to ascertain how or if we can make ourcellves better, our relationships with our fellow humans and travelors on this planet, and our planet better.

Concerns (for me) in any preparation for any afterlife are way down on my chart...but you do you.

As.described, I am parking my thoughts here...I wish to get into this, but I have a number of packages I need to put bows on before I can dive jn...but you are welcome to explore, expound and pontificate if you have something to add.

Wil said:
I think both beneficial traits and faults are.woth exploring here. To me anyway, as I don't think (currently).getting lost is beneficial...

And not just exploring in regards to the historical events, the who shot John, the battles, the begats...but examining all that to ascertain how or if we can make ourcellves better, our relationships with our fellow humans and travelors on this planet, and our planet better.
Oy...

The 12 brothers I don't really mind so much, but I'm more into the battles, the begats, and who shot JR. As I read your intro I'm having images of Tarot cards and Ouiji boards flash across my mind's eye...and I absolutely have no interest going off in that direction. I realize that is a thing for a lot of folks, I'm simply not one of them.

No,
Oy...

The 12 brothers I don't really mind so much, but I'm more into the battles, the begats, and who shot JR. As I read your intro I'm having images of Tarot cards and Ouiji boards flash across my mind's eye...and I absolutely have no interest going off in that direction. I realize that is a thing for a lot of folks, I'm simply not one of them.
more like from either Jewish folklore or mysticism (Zohar) or the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary (Unity)

And that's fine for folks that are into that kind of thing.

I'm not, so I wouldn't have anything to add and have no interest in pursuing it. No judgment on my part, just not important to my faithwalk.

Maybe I should clarify since I did mention Kabala. My understanding at this point of Kabala is cursory, even elementary. I am not deeply versed. I don't get all of the "New Age" association, but I do understand there are certain "Alternative Religions" that employ, at least their version, of Kabala. But there is also comprehensive Jewish understanding as well, and I am doing my best as a solo practitioner to respectfully grasp some of that understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: wil
Back