Persecuted Religions

The Bible is just not that complicated. People seem to always be looking for some "deeper" meaning.
I don't think it's a matter of 'complicated', rather it's profundity ...

The statement to "love your neighbor" shouldn't be that complicated.
No, but then there's a lot more to the Bible than the simple statements.

Seek and ye shall find is mentioned quite a lot ... I suppose it's a 'meat and milk' thing. (1 Corinthians 3:2)

It just happens when people start trying to not answer questions or use a lot of maybes, if, could bes, probably words. The questions asked are never difficult. I can answer just about any question thrown at me about. The Bible or Christianity. There are many. Other areas also. Want to know how to fly a plane, want to know how to repair a computer, want to know how to repair a car, want to know how to roof a house, want to know how to paint a car, want to know how to fix a motorcycle, want to know how to homeschool kids, What to know how to snow ski or water ski. Do you want to know how fast the earth is retating at the equator, about 1000 miles an hour. You want to know how fast the earth is moving through space, @63,000 and hour.
You're looking for certitude? On matters of religion?
Well, religious diehards and fanatics can give you that. Not my cup of tea!
In fact, too much certitude on these matters tends to make me irritable, to an extent.
Are you telling me you think that someone being speculative and reflective means they deserve to be spoken to rudely?

If you will look at most of my posts, they have been about trying to get someone to see the lies they believe.
And THAT is where you are running into trouble.
Challenging people to reflect on things, great.
Trying to get them to agree that things they believe in are LIES -- not so cool.
Think of it this way:
That's what atheists tend to think of any and all religious positions: That they are all lies, that all of it is lies, that supernatural beliefs of any and all kind are lies.
How does that tend to go?

Do you want to know how fast the earth is retating at the equator, about 1000 miles an hour. You want to know how fast the earth is moving through space, @63,000 and hour.
Nice. A lot of topics just aren't like that. With mathematical equations. Or precision. Religion is one such topic.

@Thinking required I want to share some insight with you.

Since you've been posting I've learned a fair bit about you. You were/ are a pilot. Your wife just had surgery which I'm sure worried you greatly which is why you are trying to occupy yourself. . You were not brought up in a religious household but found your faith about 40 years ago. You love your wife very much and I'm gleaning that she's a gentle spirit and. I have a feeling she might check you on your abrasiveness at times. You are an apologist. You love Jesus and hold the Word of God inerrant and take it literally. You have a tendency to be a bit passive aggressive and you have a wall up with people. You act like you don't care what others here think about you but you share vulnerabilities that tell me different. You are very intelligent and I have a feeling there might be a pride issue there. I'm sorry to say this but there's a bit of narcissism and you have gas lit people here. You have a genuine desire to save people from the oncoming train and are frustrated and incredulous when they will not get off the tracks.

You actually have shared more personal stuff in a short period of time that took me years to learn about others here.

I'm interested in all of this as it draws me a picture of the person I'm interacting with. It makes you real to me.

I support you and only desire for you to do the will of the Father.. not your will but His. God loves everyone here and I am a little disappointed that the love you share is conditional. It took me a lot before I even said anything because what you do here reflects on MY Savior as you claim He is yours as well. You reflect on ME here because I take being a light unto the world and salt of earth very seriously. You and I share the same doctrinal beliefs. I was very happy when you started posting because there are very few of us here and defending the Faith is very hard sometimes when beset by so many others that deny Christ and His Word.

Let's edify God Almighty to His Glory.

Edit to add that you spent time in jail and used it draws closer to Christ. Many have done this including my husband ❤️

Last edited:
you have a wall up with people. You act like you don't care what others here think about you but you share vulnerabilities that tell me different
Not sure about a wall, unless you mean not letting others in. I probably care more about what others think than I let on, since I was left with my grandmother when I was 1 year old. I discovered in the last few years that I had a slight abandonment issue. Yes, I had a huge pride issue that I have tried to deal with over the years. Not being an educated kid, I guess I was always trying to prove myself. I lived this way for 35 years until God got a hold of me. It's been a slow process as most ingrained issues are. My wife has watched the transformation over the last 36 years. She would be able to give a much clearer picture of who I am today as compared to who I was when she married me.
Yes, I feel called to defend God's word, but keep realizing how foolish that is. God can handle the job just fine without me. I was saved by reading the Word of God, totally transformed into a new person. Matthew 11:28 as I have stated before. And I realize that until God opens eyes, people can not see the truth. The area that has really gotten under my skin as I am reaching the end of my life is how much everyone lies to themselves. Everyone does it. Why are people so terrified about this. It really doesn't matter what a person believes, again, it's their life, I just am amazed at how we are so content with lies, including me at times. I am sorry everyday that I disappoint my Savior.

You actually have shared more personal stuff in a short period of time that took me years to learn about others here.
This is what I meant when I talked about names on a computer screen. How do we ever walk beside someone who has been through pain and suffering without knowing them. We have all been there.

So are research publications in neuroscience, rocket science, astrophysics, and theoretical physics.
But thankfully it's not that complicated. See Dick and Jane run, doesn't seem complicated. But then again, doctors have been working on the human body for centuries and they are still confuse at times with what is wrong with it. The Bible was not written for learned and intelligent people, it was written for the common people. That's why educated people have such a hard time with the Bible.

James 2:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

"The meek shall inherit the earth"

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jas 2:5.

Edit to add that you spent time in jail and used it draws closer to Christ
Not to draw closer, but that is where God revealed Himself to me. Matthew 11:28, "come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give your rest, take my yoke and learn of me, for my way is easy and my burden is light and you will find rest for your souls. (my paraphrase)

Not sure about a wall, unless you mean not letting others in. I probably care more about what others think than I let on, since I was left with my grandmother when I was 1 year old. I discovered in the last few years that I had a slight abandonment issue. Yes, I had a huge pride issue that I have tried to deal with over the years. Not being an educated kid, I guess I was always trying to prove myself. I lived this way for 35 years until God got a hold of me. It's been a slow process as most ingrained issues are. My wife has watched the transformation over the last 36 years. She would be able to give a much clearer picture of who I am today as compared to who I was when she married me.
Yes, I feel called to defend God's word, but keep realizing how foolish that is. God can handle the job just fine without me. I was saved by reading the Word of God, totally transformed into a new person. Matthew 11:28 as I have stated before. And I realize that until God opens eyes, people can not see the truth. The area that has really gotten under my skin as I am reaching the end of my life is how much everyone lies to themselves. Everyone does it. Why are people so terrified about this. It really doesn't matter what a person believes, again, it's their life, I just am amazed at how we are so content with lies, including me at times. I am sorry everyday that I disappoint my Savior.
That's a beautiful testimony. ❤️

My coming to Jesus moment was the fact that despite of being brought up in a bible believing family I wasn't grounded in scripture. Due to a love of end times prophecy I attended a prophecy seminar and got sucked into a Seventh Day Adventist nightmare. It literally tore my foundational beliefs to shreds and I lost my faith. This lasted for years...the worst years of my life.

One day on the way to work I was flipping through the radio and stopped on a voice..rich deep baritone and very compelling. It was a call in talk show called To Every Man an Answer. In 30 minutes every caller asked a question that was a teaching in the SDA church. This man's name is Justin Alfred and he teaches Greek Hebrew and Aramaic. When I got to work I literally bowed my head and through sobs asked Jesus into my heart and repented of not knowing His word. I asked for discernment so as to not be deceived ever again. I inhaled my bible and sought out teachers that taught the word in context and through the bible.

I was in my 20s and I will never allow myself to be deceived again. I hold everything I hear or read to the authority of the bible and anything that teaches contrary to scripture I have the spiritual discernment God so graciously rewarded me with and disregard it.

don't think it's a matter of 'complicated', rather it's profundity ...
Again, I don’t see what is suppose to be so “deep” here unless you are talking about the hole that Joseph was thrown in. What is so deep about our sinfulness and the need for a Savior.

I was in my 20s and I will never allow myself to be deceived again
“deceived” now there is a great word that no one seem to like.

82 times the Bible uses some form of that word. 33 times in the NT.

The Quran is just about silent on this word, once using it to call ”Allah the great deceiver”

Last edited:
I hold everything I hear or read to the authority of the bible and anything that teaches contrary to scripture I have the spiritual discernment
That’s what happens when eyes are opened.

Jesus said: Matthew 9:12 (NASB95): It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.

This is what I meant when I talked about names on a computer screen. How do we ever walk beside someone who has been through pain and suffering without knowing them. We have all been there.
Yes, and if you stick around, and explore the other forums on this site, you will learn a lot of personal stuff about the regulars here. The companionship here is truly amazing, especially for an internet site.

Seems like you are arriving here more and more. Welcome!

Back