The Big Lie

Thinking required

Reaction score
The big lie that put the world into sin, “Did God really say”. Just look at all the different religions in the world and even within religions there is discord and fraction. Christianity, how many different denominatons, cults. Islam, broken into 2 major fractions. Catholism, splintered in beliefs. But yet everyone believes that they have the truth. “Did God really say”. Questioning God, Job was taken to the wood shed over this. All I am concerned with is, “Did God really say”. How about you?

"To love God truly, one must first love man. And if anyone tells you that he loves God and does not love his fellow-man, you will know that he is lying." ~ Martin Buber

To love God truly, one must first love man. And if anyone tells you that he loves God and does not love his fellow-man, you will know that he is lying." ~ Martin Buber

The majority of mankind is lazyminded, incurious, absorbed in vanities, and tepid in emotion, and is therefore incapable of either much doubt or much faith.”​

T. S. Eliot

But I do agree with your quote. We are commanded to love everyone. We certainly will not love everyone because we desire to, just because we are commanded to. Most people are just hard to love.

The big lie that put the world into sin, “Did God really say”. Just look at all the different religions in the world and even within religions there is discord and fraction. Christianity, how many different denominatons, cults. Islam, broken into 2 major fractions. Catholism, splintered in beliefs. But yet everyone believes that they have the truth. “Did God really say”. Questioning God, Job was taken to the wood shed over this. All I am concerned with is, “Did God really say”. How about you?
The answer is actually a simple concept. There is only One God and humanity is one human race.

On God, One Faith, a faith born from all of God's Names and Attributes.

If we reject One of God's given Faiths, we actually reject them all.

That is why Jesus said that by the Fruit you will know a true Prophet, and by their prophecies.

Regards Tony

I think Buber and Eliot both expressed this admirably. I like modernist poetry a lot.

Where did Jesus say this? "fruit" is always associated with a believer and how they live.
Mathew 7 at verse 15 indicates it is taking about how we can recognise a true or false Prophet, that is the context it is given in.

This also reflects our faith in acceptance of the Messengers.

Many people elevate themselves to the level of prophecy by thinking they have the power of interpretation, Mathew 7 hoes on ro indicate it is those people that become the bad fruit, as only God sends the Messengers.

Regards Tony

I think he meant to say Test the Spirits to know false prophets. If they err in one small thing they cannot be considered a prophet of God. Fruits is how we recognize other believers.. we are to know them by their fruits. The fruits of the Spirit are Love Joy Peace Patience Kindness Gentleness and Self Control.

"To love God truly, one must first love man. And if anyone tells you that he loves God and does not love his fellow-man, you will know that he is lying." ~ Martin Buber
A test of Love would be.. loving Judas.. how about that . Loving the man that betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Anyone can love a loveable person.. how about living the worst of humanity.. can you love them? I'm always reminded of this when I hear stories about mothers murdering their children..

A test of Love would be.. loving Judas.. how about that . Loving the man that betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Anyone can love a loveable person.. how about living the worst of humanity.. can you love them? I'm always reminded of this when I hear stories about mothers murdering their children..
Without judas...where would we be...

Treasurer? Jesus obviously trusted him

And then told him to proceed...

All part of the plan...ya gotta love him.

In Unity Judas represents the power of life...

Lots of people are hard to love... some of what makes it more possible is framing love as behaving in loving ways, and thinking in terms of "everyone deserves kindness" even though the feeling of love may be hard to access... nurses doctors paramedics therapists having a duty of care... their professional ethics can be a behavioral guide to loving the difficult...

Without judas...where would we be...

Treasurer? Jesus obviously trusted him

And then told him to proceed...

All part of the plan...ya gotta love him.

In Unity Judas represents the power of life...
I had forgotten that from my time at Unity
But yes, Judas, Pharoah, others... God worked through them.

I had forgotten that from my time at Unity
But yes, Judas, Pharoah, others... God worked through them.
It's true . All throughout scripture we see it. God is amazing.. that's why I put my trust in Him.. He even has all the minute details down of my life.. I see it time and again.

Lots of people are hard to love... some of what makes it more possible is framing love as behaving in loving ways, and thinking in terms of "everyone deserves kindness" even though the feeling of love may be hard to access...

I think Western culture tends to idealize romantic love ("being/having fallen in love", the brain awash with serotonine, oxytocin, dopamine, endorphins) to such an extent that it often eclipses other modes of love.

Being in love is a feeling, but commitment, which is an indispensible part of love, is not a feeling but a way to act.

Lots of people are hard to love... some of what makes it more possible is framing love as behaving in loving ways, and thinking in terms of "everyone deserves kindness" even though the feeling of love may be hard to access... nurses doctors paramedics therapists having a duty of care... their professional ethics can be a behavioral guide to loving the difficult...
I never knew what love was or understood what love is until I read: I has nothing to do with what I want!
4 Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails;

New American Standard Bible, electronic edition. (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1986), 1 Co 13:4–8.

Back