Gujarat High Court rejects Rahul Gandhi's appeal against his conviction.

Aupmanyav

Search, be your own guru.
Reaction score
July 7, 2023
'Conviction legal': Setback for Rahul in Modi surname case
"While dismissing the plea, Justice Hemant Prachchhak noted that Gandhi is already facing 10 cases across India, adding the order of the lower court was "just, proper and legal" in convicting the Congress leader.
The HC noted that there is no reasonable ground to stay the conviction."

Rahul Gandhi will now appeal to the Supreme Court of India.

Note: Rahul Gandhi was convicted for a two-year jail sentence in March 2023 for a casteist slur against Prime Minister Modi. As per the Constitution of India, he lost his membership to the Indian Parliament. Also due to the period of jail sentence, he is not eligible for contesting the Parliamentary election when it happens in April/May 2024.

July 7, 2023
'Conviction legal': Setback for Rahul in Modi surname case
"While dismissing the plea, Justice Hemant Prachchhak noted that Gandhi is already facing 10 cases across India, adding the order of the lower court was "just, proper and legal" in convicting the Congress leader.
The HC noted that there is no reasonable ground to stay the conviction."

Rahul Gandhi will now appeal to the Supreme Court of India.

Note: Rahul Gandhi was convicted for a two-year jail sentence in March 2023 for a casteist slur against Prime Minister Modi. As per the Constitution of India, he lost his membership to the Indian Parliament. Also due to the period of jail sentence, he is not eligible for contesting the Parliamentary election when it happens in April/May 2024.
Do you think this is a good thing, or a bad thing, Aup?

If Supreme Court agrees with the Gujarat High Court and rejects Rahul Gandhi's appeal, I think it will be a good thing for India for two reasons:
1. It is not likely that Narendra Modi will not be elected as Prime Minister of India in the April/May 2024 national elections.
Congress cannot form a government on its own, it will be a coalition. And all prospective coalition partners including Congress are dynasty politicians interested only in making money at the expense of general public.
2. India will loose its most honest and strong Prime Minister who does not have a family, owns practically nothing even after decades of being the Chief Minister of Gujarat and Prime Minister of India, and who is likely to take up sannyas mid-way during his next sojourn as Prime Minister of India. He is of the view that politicians should relinquish office after reaching the age of 75.
Narendra Modi is as priceless as a diamond for his country. And so is the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath, who is already a sannyasi.
My family is at least thrice as rich as the Prime Minister of my country, and I am considered a middle-class person.

Last edited:
Back