Slowing Down of Site

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We are working to fix the recent slowing down of the site caused by an overload of database connections.

@Cino is attending to it from his hospital bed!

He says that the Westhost server does not supply the number of server connections recommended by XenForo

Please be patient just for now, guys :(

That sounds so dramatic!

I'm actually grateful to get to do something interesting for a change. Hospital life can get a bit monotonous...

I hope our hosting service will follow through with our requests, which will hopefully resolve the occasional database error messages.

That sounds so dramatic!

I'm actually grateful to get to do something interesting for a change. Hospital life can get a bit monotonous...

I hope our hosting service will follow through with our requests, which will hopefully resolve the occasional database error messages.
All the best Cino.

Regards Tony

It may take a few days while Westhost responds and hopefully targets the action requested -- meantime apologies for the slow service, but we at least know the site will not go down altogether, which was the first concern ...

That sounds so dramatic!

Some sites will go to any extreme to hinder my wondrous postings 🤪.

Get well soon, Brother.

Blessings.

Last edited:
So how's the site holding up? I've been a bit out of touch yesterday.

Great, this is good news.
🥳
Indeed .. it's a lot better..
Is it that the website traffic has increased, causing the database backend to struggle?
..or something else?

I understand that max. connections has been increased ..
"max_user_connections = 30" [ in /etc/my.cnf ] should be plenty.

Hope all is well with you, and you will be home soon. :) 🌷

I'll run another database repair ...

Nothing to see there, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the problem:

data.png

But my speed here in the UK is still back to normal. Are others experiencing another slow down?

Nothing to see there, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the problem:

View attachment 3764
"For larger XenForo installations, it can be advantageous to define a cache in order to save on processing time and database queries.
XenForo has the ability to store and retrieve various data from a cache, which can be configured in your src/config.php file
"

:) It might help .. but it could be due to processes getting "stuck", and not closing sockets to db.

Back