I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

These are a couple of my favorite Sayings from Jesus:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. :)

Why is how and what he was nailed to so important to anyone?
Myself I believe what is important and essential, is to read Jesus words and then do what he says and always put faith in Jesus words, that is my Foundation and Rock of Truth. And also the words of the Apostles.

Last edited:
Agreed, it is tiring. I just want to make sure, you do realize I wasn't arguing for a pole... right?
I realized that.

Checking John 19:19 it does not say Pilate's note was pinned above the head of Jesus, so I suppose it could be attached anywhere, even to the back of the stauros: "And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews"

I was reacting to your observation here:
But did Jesus carry an entire tree on his back instead of a cross? He carried something. And I assume that "something" is what he died on. And that is what matters.

Why is how and what he was nailed to so important to anyone?
Well that's the thing. It seems to be very important to the JW, who will not portray a cross anywhere, believing it to be some sort of pagan symbol?
We don't necessarily regard the cross as a pagan symbol. Decades ago, JWs did find evidence that it was adopted from pagan culture. Maybe they were right, maybe they were mistaken. But that was not the primary reason why we avoid the cross. We reject it because it can lead to idolatry.

Last edited:
There is reliable information to support both ways of thinking. I extend love and friendship to everyone. :) ❤️ No matter what they believe.

Last edited:
@walter

Why did you go to the JW, rather than another Christian denomination?

Last edited:
@walter

Why did you go to the JW, rather than another Christian denomination?
I feel we can find loving, sincere, genuine people in all religions everywhere. But Jehovah's Witnesses are teaching a different message worldwide, if you read these scriptures you will understand one reason why I must be a J.W. Because Jesus and The Apostles tell us this message in a firm serious way and Jesus says to teach this to all the nations.
Other religions use these same scriptures but do they teach worldwide it is essential to obey all Jesus commands and life saving?

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
--Matthew 28:19-20 NIV

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might --2 Thessalonians 1:8 NIV

but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, --Romans 2:8 New King James Version

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, --Hebrews 5:9 New King James Version

John 14:15, John 8:31, John 18:37, 2 Timothy 3:16

This is my decision, I'm not saying someone else has to do anything. I feel everyone has the right to believe the way they feel is best. :) ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
I feel we can find loving, sincere, genuine people in all religions everywhere. But Jehovah's Witnesses are teaching a different message worldwide, if you read these scriptures you will understand one reason why I must be a J.W. Because Jesus and The Apostles tell us this message in a firm serious way and Jesus says to teach this to all the nations.
Other religions use these same scriptures but do they teach worldwide it is essential to obey all Jesus commands and life saving?

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
--Matthew 28:19-20 NIV

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might --2 Thessalonians 1:8 NIV

but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, --Romans 2:8 New King James Version

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, --Hebrews 5:9 New King James Version

John 14:15, John 8:31, John 18:37, 2 Timothy 3:16

This is my decision, I'm not saying someone else has to do anything. I feel everyone has the right to believe the way they feel is best. :) ❤️
I'm not talking in particular about the passages of Paul's you quoted above, but Jesus actually commanded his followers to teach the teachings he, Jesus gave them. In my opinion, this doesn't include the teachings of Paul and other scholars whose epistles are part of the N.T.

Don't you make a difference between the teachings of Jesus and Paul, John, James etc?

I'm not talking in particular about the passages of Paul's you quoted above, but Jesus actually commanded his followers to teach the teachings he, Jesus gave them. In my opinion, this doesn't include the teachings of Paul and other scholars whose epistles are part of the N.T.
Don't you make a difference between the teachings of Jesus and Paul, John, James etc?
Good question I will do some research on that and see what I can find?

Are there words in the Bible that advise us not to listen to the words of Apostle Paul? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Last edited:
Gospels:

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. --Luke 13:3 King James Version

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. --Matthew 6:33 NKJV

and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand. Repent ye and believe the Gospel.” --Mark 1:15 KJ21

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. --John 5:28-29 KJV

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
--Matthew 28:19-20 NLT

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. --John 6:47 NIV

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” --John 8:31

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven
--Matthew 7:21 NIV

“Therefore, everyone who hears these sayings of mine and does them will be like a discreet man who built his house on the rock. --Matthew 7:24

But he said: “No, rather, happy are those hearing the word of God and keeping it!” --Luke 11:28

If you know these things, happy you are if you do them. --John 13:17

He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” --Luke 8:21

You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you. --John 15:14

In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling* with him.
--John 14:23

If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.
--John 15:10

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
--John 14:23-24 NIV

Last edited:
Gospels:

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. --Luke 13:3 King James Version

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. --Matthew 6:33 NKJV

and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand. Repent ye and believe the Gospel.” --Mark 1:15 KJ21

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. --John 5:28-29 KJV

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
--Matthew 28:19-20 NLT

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. --John 6:47 NIV

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” --John 8:31

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven
--Matthew 7:21 NIV

“Therefore, everyone who hears these sayings of mine and does them will be like a discreet man who built his house on the rock. --Matthew 7:24

But he said: “No, rather, happy are those hearing the word of God and keeping it!” --Luke 11:28

If you know these things, happy you are if you do them. --John 13:17

He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” --Luke 8:21

You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you. --John 15:14

In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling* with him.
--John 14:23

If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.
--John 15:10

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
--John 14:23-24 NIV
I knew that it's also contained in the Gospel accounts to an extent that I don't doubt that it goes back to Jesus. Besides, it's also confirmed in the Quran.

Are there words in the Bible that advise us not to listen to the words of Apostle Paul? I can't seem to find anything about it.
It cannot be expected that such words are contained in the Bible. You won't find anything saying not to listen to the words of Augustine of Hippo. But the latter certainly doesn't have the same authority as Jesus in the eyes of JW, and not even in the view of the traditional churches.

Do you take the writings of the early successors of Jesus as prophets, or as witnesses and scholars?
Do you consider all scripture contained in the Bible as Word of God because they have been accepted to the canon?

It cannot be expected that such words are contained in the Bible. You won't find anything saying not to listen to the words of Augustine of Hippo. But the latter certainly doesn't have the same authority as Jesus in the eyes of JW, and not even in the view of the traditional churches.

Do you take the writings of the early successors of Jesus as prophets, or as witnesses and scholars?
Do you consider all scripture contained in the Bible as Word of God because they have been accepted to the canon?
I believe this:

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, -- 2 Timothy 3:16 NIV

And the different Bible writers talk about the other bible writers.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Because
He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
But you claim
I feel we can find loving, sincere, genuine people in all religions everywhere.
So you love them loving sincere genuine folk and desire to save us from hell?

Reactions: RJM
Because
But you claim
So you love them loving sincere genuine folk and desire to save us from hell?
I don't believe in a place of everlasting suffering. Just trying to keep a positive attitude, I really feel everyone is entitled to believe the way they want too. :) Whatever they believe!

Last edited:

Everyone looks for truth in their own way, for me, I am very narrow-minded, in one respect if it doesn't say it in the Bible I really have a strong tendency Not to give it much credit, compared to the Bibles specific instructions. I like to give the Bible 100% credit!

You probably have your own personal way you feel is the best way to find truth. And I respect people in their own way they believe.

But..
walter said:
He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey

So what is the punishment if not hell?
I didn't say anything.. I just quoted scriptures in the Bible, these are not my words!

Back