To all sites that I use:

Aupmanyav

Search, be your own guru.
Reaction score
To enter a site, I have to first click 'log in'. Then, forums gives a name to choose from the site (it already knows that I am Aupmanyav). I click that. It knows my password. Gives me the option if I want to be remain logged in. In most forums, this is already clicked in. Finally, the forum asks me 'log in'.
Why all this procedure? Why not the forums directly admit me when I click the forum address from my bookmark, when it already knows everything about me?
Why make the 'log in' process so long? It requires additional whirs from the 'log in' software.

I've had a quick look but can't see why this should be ... I remain logged in, so I pass styraight through, as it were, have you checked that?

It's possible that you saved the bookmark prior to logging in, which would mean your bookmark is the login page. Create a new bookmark while on the forum home page after you're sure you've logged in, and it should take you directly to the forum home page logged in as @Aupmanyav, provided you've checked "keep me logged in."

@Aupmanyav
-- what @SalixIncendium says -- I think?

NB: the XenForo website does not know your password. Admin cannot see your password. You can save it with Google, otherwise only you know what it is

@Aupmanyav
-- what @SalixIncendium says -- I think?

NB: the XenForo website does not know your password. Admin cannot see your password. You can save it with Google, otherwise only you know what it is
I will try what Salix says tomorrow. That will be a relief. The websites (I think mostly XenForo) somehow know the password. They may not have kept it open for admin. I have never been asked to put in the password.
Thomas, till now I have not cared for it. It does not SEEM to make any change. However, I would know tomorrow. Late for trying things today.

One of the sites that I visit has this to say:
"Everything about saving your login with the site is done at the browser level... meaning on your local computer/device and not on the server end.

For your local browser to keep you logged in, it stores a cookie on your local computer device. When you logout of the site, the cookie is cleared, and you have to login again on your next visit.

And if your browser is set to Private or Incognito mode, then you're forcing the browser to not store any cookies after you close the current tab. Your login session remains active only for as long as the private browser tab is open.

Let me know if you have any other issues. Happy to help."

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
The websites (I think mostly XenForo) somehow know the password.
No @Aupmanyav

You are required to re-enter your password every time you login. Unless you stay logged-in of course. Google will remember it for you, if you allow that, so that you don't have to type it in every time. Otherwise nobody else knows your password. It is not visible to anyone else

Last edited:
Checked it this morning. All forums allow it.
1. Do not use private window. 2. Ask the forum to remember you. 3. Log in and go to the page that you want to open. 4. Copy the web address and keep it as your bookmark. (Please note: You have to change the bookmark. The old bookmark will not do that)
Big relief. No logins for me in all forums.

Last edited:
Checked it this morning. All forums allow it.
1. Do not use private window. 2. Ask the forum to remember you. 3. Log in and go to the page that you want to open. 4. Copy the web address and keep it as your bookmark. (Please note: You have to change the bookmark. The old bookmark will not do that)
Big relief. No logins for me in all forums.
If you clear the cache on your device, you'll be required to login again on all sites that remember you

If you clear the cache on your device, you'll be required to login again on all sites that remember you
Good that you remind me. I will keep this in mind. Otherwise, I am very good when it comes to cleaning.

1. Allow cookies for the domain "interfaith.org". The "stay logged in" functionality uses cookies to identify your logged in device.

2. Use this URL in your bookmark to go directly to the forums:

https://interfaith.org/community

Back