Is Christianity the antichrist?

didymus

Reaction score
I was listening to a sermon one friday night engrossed in the subject at hand,. The pastor was discussing the antichrist in the last days. He cited scripture and of course expounded on it in a way that had all at the edge of their seats. He spoke of the day when the false prophets and the antichrist would lurk about us. This antichrist he said may and probably would force people against their will to worship satan. We would choose God and Jesus or face our doom.

As I look back, now out of that circle, I realize what it was that didn't sit well with me that friday night. The pastor 's eyes gleamed as he spoke of this antichrist in a way that was not holy. It was actuallty eerie to behold. This was at a time when I had a limited knowledge of scripture and christianity.

After learning of the first days after christ died I couldn't believe how little I knew off this religion I was professing. Christ was not held as God in any established or formal way until the 4th century. There were different ideas and beliefs of what Jesus spoke of. Some of these ideas weren't condemning. No talk of hell and damnation apart from the hell that one would endure for prostituting his soul. Did Jesus relly speak of gnosis of God and ourself. Could it be that he was simply a great teacher and prophret and not God incarnate. These ideas were foreign to me. I thought they were too good to be true. Where was the hell? It couldn't be.

What the church and man did with the teachings of jesus is a sin to all. They put the teachings of Jesus in a box and sold it to the public through fear and guilt, not to mention violence. They cornered the market on God. No offence to Jewish folks but wasn't this stranglehold on God and his plan with humanity as controled as Yaweh living in an ark?

I saw christianity through new eyes. The evangelizers are out in full force and they will not hear your side. There is no middle ground. They believe they are in the endtimes and are prepared to fight for their God. All they need are their conservative right wing christian supporters, political power and let your cynicism do the rest. Could this be the potential antichrist? Aren't they preaching a message of division, condemnation.Remember, anything apart from what Jesus truly said is antichrist, right? Sure there is love there if you accept their doctrine. Then you can go to heaven, but otherwise......... What is satan after all? It is the adversary or the obstacle in your path to God and truth. Who is the true satan?

Well, I think you are going to find antiChrist just about everywhere you go today. Church, Temples, school, politics, old religion, new religion, in the News, all over the web...
You do not have to look too far.
I dont pay much attention to what most preachers, scientists and scholars say.

So dont put too much faith in what everyone suggests you believe. Keep your eyes on Jesus and reading the bible and in prayer and keep seeking the face of God in spirit and in truth. Perfect love will cast out all your fears.
He has not failed me:) ever.

Jesus is Jesus
God is God and
Satan is Satan

Dear didymus

Welcome to CR.

Well I feel all be revealed in the coming years and you are right to follow your own heart and soul.

To me the anti-christ is anti-love so whenever you find anti-love there is of course darkness. Wherever you find judgement or separation there is also anti-love.

"You are the light of the world,
the flame of love that purifies
whatever stands in the way
of complete oneness with GOD"

You may be interested in the forthcoming film www.thebeastmovie.com

Blessings in abundance

Sacredstar

'I am guided to say that the soul of Christianity is going through it's very own crucifixion due to its crimes against humanity, but the good news is that a purer soul will ascend from its own ashes and the phoenix of Christ Consciousness will rise beyond all limitations and boundaries, nothing will stand in the way of divine love and complete oneness with GOD'.

Sacredstar

No offence to Jewish folks but wasn't this stranglehold on G!D and his plan with humanity as controlled as [HaShem] living in an ark?
no offence? i don't even understand what you're on about, or what it has to do with judaism. and, for the record, nobody ever said that G!D "lived in" the ark - i think you need to check your sources. and if you want to avoid causing offence, i suggest that you avoid transliterating Divine Names - it's generally considered pretty rude.

the things that you're upset with christianity about are *in no way* the fault of judaism. it's a completely different religion, with different assumptions, different structure and a different way of doing things. judaism never had a "stranglehold" on G!D - we applied our Law to ourselves and were happy enough with it. it was christianity that sought to make the "law of love" universal - we were neither part of that paradigm nor sought to make ourselves the only game in town. basically, include us out of your criticism - it's nothing to do with us.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Kindest Regards, didymus, and welcome to CR!

Thank you for your post.

Last things first:
didymus said:
I saw christianity through new eyes. The evangelizers are out in full force and they will not hear your side. There is no middle ground. They believe they are in the endtimes and are prepared to fight for their God.
This is the fundamentalist mindset, true. However, fundamentalism is problematic in any faith, indeed in any philosophy, religious or secular. Closed minds and intolerance are always concerns when dealing with faiths and beliefs, those of others and oneself. On the one hand, a faith or belief worth having are worth fighting for. On the other hand, one must be very judicial in what battles one wishes to fight. Tolerance is not acceptance, it is respect for another person's right to a differing opinion.

All they need are their conservative right wing christian supporters, political power and let your cynicism do the rest. Could this be the potential antichrist? Aren't they preaching a message of division, condemnation.Remember, anything apart from what Jesus truly said is antichrist, right?
Are you certain this is all "they" need? You hit upon a significant revelation of your own position with the phrase "let your cynicism do the rest." You have become jaded with your former belief, and have become cynical, no? It is not a crime if you have, but with it comes the possibility that you now are being intolerant, can you see? There are discussions all across this forum pertaining to what exactly Jesus did say and what it meant by what he said, and whether or not the words of such people as Paul or Peter are to be held in the same esteem as those of Jesus. It makes for lively discussions, and in the end it seems it is up to the individual to decipher what wisdom is to be found in the contributions of any or all of writers of the books of the Bible.

The preacher you spoke of was presenting his particular interpretation, or possibly the "official, authorized" interpretation of his brand or denomination. I have heard so many differing interpretations of the book of Revelations alone, that I do not think any preacher or denomination "knows" what exactly is being said or intended by John, or whoever the author of that book actually is. The preacher that disheartened you does not speak for the whole of Christianity. Indeed, it is my firm belief that anyone who chooses the Christian faith (or any faith for that matter) must do their own homework, and let God, however a person perceives "Him," to guide that person in the path of wisdom.

Sure there is love there if you accept their doctrine. Then you can go to heaven, but otherwise.........
Ah, but there is love regardless of whether or not you accept any particular doctrine. Wisdom traditions around the world teach the benefit of love towards others.

What is satan after all? It is the adversary or the obstacle in your path to God and truth. Who is the true satan?
This has been covered elsewhere in a number of threads. In the end, "satan" only has the power over you that you grant "him."

This antichrist he said may and probably would force people against their will to worship satan.
Frankly, no. Even in looking at the text of Revelations, the overcomers will overcome. People will not be forced to follow, they will be seduced to follow. There is a huge difference.

We would choose God and Jesus or face our doom.
Yet, God created all peoples, and placed them where He wished them to be, and taught them as He wished them to believe. Because one group or another practices intolerance, and you have experienced it firsthand, is no reason for you to in turn become intolerant. That is not the lesson to take away from the experience. Is it not better to resolve to be more tolerant, and to help others to see and learn tolerance? It is written that Jesus himself said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall see God."

After learning of the first days after christ died I couldn't believe how little I knew off this religion I was professing. Christ was not held as God in any established or formal way until the 4th century. There were different ideas and beliefs of what Jesus spoke of. Some of these ideas weren't condemning. No talk of hell and damnation apart from the hell that one would endure for prostituting his soul. Did Jesus relly speak of gnosis of God and ourself. Could it be that he was simply a great teacher and prophret and not God incarnate. These ideas were foreign to me. I thought they were too good to be true. Where was the hell? It couldn't be.
Again, there are threads upon threads on this forum that deal with these matters. While I am inclined to agree with the political and social aspects you describe, I came to an entirely different conclusion. Gnosis, while I am not deeply versed, seems to me yet one more interpretation. And as with all interpretations, subject to being mistaken. If that should be the path you are drawn to, by all means proceed. But in my estimation it is no more valid than any other denomination. Likewise, if a particular adherent chooses a fundamentalist path, Gnosis can just as easily become polluted by intolerance as any other path.

What the church and man did with the teachings of jesus is a sin to all. They put the teachings of Jesus in a box and sold it to the public through fear and guilt, not to mention violence. They cornered the market on God.
I think I see what you are saying, which returns to the point about politics and social/cultural setting. And to which I still see things somewhat differently. Human politics is not God. Religio-Political exercise of power is not God. Religion as excuse for war is not God. Intolerance is not God. At best, "they" can only corner the market on the brand of God they promote, and if nobody is buying.... :)

My apology about the ark of the covenent remark. Maybe I stand corrected but the jews at one time believed that God dwelled in the ark and they would transport it with them from place to place guarding it in the tabernacle. Is this wrong? Am I wrong to say that the judaic view of God no longer holds Him to the confines of an ark?

My point was intended at christians that they feel they have God exclusively to themselves and to whoever wants Him, on their terms. I meant no harm at the Jewish faith. It is a faith that I am learning about and have the upmost respect for.

To the other writer that spoke of tolerance and cynicism. You are right I have been jaded to a point. The problem with tolerance towards christians is that there is no middle ground and they believe in witnessing and evangelizing. This gives me the right to speak against it. As you know most christians are extremely rigid in their views, adhering to doctrines and teachings that are approved by pastors and high ranking church officials.

didymus said:
To the other writer that spoke of tolerance and cynicism. You are right I have been jaded to a point. The problem with tolerance towards christians is that there is no middle ground and they believe in witnessing and evangelizing. This gives me the right to speak against it. As you know most christians are extremely rigid in their views, adhering to doctrines and teachings that are approved by pastors and high ranking church officials.

With all due respect, didymus, I must object to this statement. Not all Christians, and I don't think even the majority of Christians, are intolerant and rigid in their views. Perhaps the Christians you've interacted with in your admitedly fundamentalist background were intolerant, and perhaps on internet discussions (and in the public media) the extremes are speaking more loudly and more often than the middle, but that does not mean that most Christians are as you describe.

Peace to you and good luck on your journey,
lunamoth

P.S. By the way, welcome to CR. I think you will enjoy looking through the many discussions here. It is a good place.

Dear didymus

I feel sure that you will appreciate this quote.

"Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes...." Luke 12:37

didymus said:
The problem with tolerance towards christians is that there is no middle ground and they believe in witnessing and evangelizing. This gives me the right to speak against it. As you know most christians are extremely rigid in their views, adhering to doctrines and teachings that are approved by pastors and high ranking church officials.

And when you give them love the Christian Fundamentalists step back into hatred resulting from fear, sadly it becomes stronger because they have not moved from fear that as been inbred to love.

And now the liberal priests that are making big shifts in consciousness are being branded heretics and being threatened with trials from the church.

When we do not understand just give it more love, for love transmutes all darkness, all will submit to love in the end although it will be a painful rebirth for many who are not willing to accept all GODs children no matter what their beliefs, perceptions or attitudes we are ALL equal in the eyes of GOD.

One people, one planet, one heart.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

lunamoth said:
With all due respect, didymus, I must object to this statement. Not all Christians, and I don't think even the majority of Christians, are intolerant and rigid in their views. Perhaps the Christians you've interacted with in your admitedly fundamentalist background were intolerant, and perhaps on internet discussions (and in the public media) the extremes are speaking more loudly and more often than the middle, but that does not mean that most Christians are as you describe.

Peace to you and good luck on your journey,
lunamoth

P.S. By the way, welcome to CR. I think you will enjoy looking through the many discussions here. It is a good place.
I hear what you are saying lunamoth. People have to stop pointing fingers and move on. Stop looking at religion and accusing each other. People want to keep putting labels on it and the answer is not in who did what to who.;)
All that is doing is keeping the strife and bitterness going.
It is never going to stop, but some of us as individuals can stop doing it.
I am not a fundalmentalist or a liberal. (but have been accused often) I have learned there is a moderation point and that is where we should find ourselves.
Nice post lunamoth:)

Sacredstar. you are on the money again. I think you know where I'm coming from. Due to supressing these felings over the years they emerge harsh and unpolished. I don't mean to offend anyone. Love is the key, I wish heavenly eternity to all. Eternal damnation is not something God as I know him would associate with. God has shown me infinite mercy and love. Jesus Christ was His messenger of Love, he fulfilled God's purpose for us and his nature embodied in a human form. What a fascinating mystery.

dear didymus

I totally agree with you and you are one of millions of Christians that feel exactly the same way as you do, it is a critical mass awakening.....I love it! Not only within Christianity but across the board.

It is very rare for me to be offended I tend to fly divine in the helicopter taking the panoramic view.

I learnt not to take things personally long ago and to 'have an acceptance of that which is'.

Fly divine with all that love in your heart didymus and hope you continue to enJOY your ride in GOD's domain.

Blessings in abundance

Sacredstar

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Bandit

So true I agree with you walk the middle path it is the best path of all.

Balance and harmony and the Grace of GOD.

GOD Bless

Sacredstar

Kindest Regards, didymus!

Thank you for your reply.
didymus said:
The problem with tolerance towards christians is that there is no middle ground and they believe in witnessing and evangelizing. This gives me the right to speak against it. As you know most christians are extremely rigid in their views, adhering to doctrines and teachings that are approved by pastors and high ranking church officials.
Speaking as a tolerant Christian standing squarely in the middle ground, what I know is that anybody of any philosophical persuasion can be "rigid in their views, adhering to doctrines and teachings that are approved by ... high ranking ... officials." Likewise, such rigidly thinking people tend to proselytize, believing they know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and that anybody who thinks otherwise is some version of heretic. So, if such thinking grants me the "right" to speak against any philosophical belief system that has some loud mouthed intolerant individual, then I guess I might as well be an atheist. Oooops, I can't do that either, atheists can be intolerant fundamentalists too! Oh my, what is a person to do? :D

Closed mindedness is an individual thing. Yes, there are faiths that teach "apartness" or "separation", and there are unskilled followers who interpret this on an individual basis to hold themselves above anyone who believes differently than they do, but these are people who do not fully understand the message of wisdom. And since some people do not learn from words, but instead must learn from example, how is setting an example of intolerance benefiting either you or them? I stand by tolerance. Yes, sometimes I am dismissed by such people, but that is not my concern. I cannot live their lives for them, and I will not let them dictate my life to me. I do what I can to promote what I understand to be wisdom, including tolerance. If the lesson is not learned, then I can only hope a seed has been planted that will one day bear fruit. Even if that day never comes to pass, I still have a duty to "love" these people, if I ever hope to have love returned to me.

I hope this helps you on your journey. :)

Dear didymus

What I learnt on the end times forum with serious Christian Fundamentalists was to follow Jesus and not degrade truth on unwilling ears, we do not have to share our wisdom we can just share our hearts. Like juantoo3 says we can still love them all the same. Man is more seduced by love then truth or wisdom.

But the quote of Jesus rings in my ears when I think of them, the first will be last and the last will be first.

Its interesting how many CF's bang the drum about Jesus and glory in the atrocities of the end times but yet they do not follow in the Master's footsteps and become healers in his name and in so doing take an active part in creating the Kingdom of Love and the new world of Christ Consciousness.

But yet I meet young people from all faiths, religions and cultures that are truly honouring GOD by healing and loving the world into oneness.

And as you say we live in very exciting times...the biggest transition humanity as made since the beginning of time. No wonder we all chose to be a part of it.

Onwards and upwards

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Maybe I stand corrected but the jews at one time believed that G!D dwelled in the ark and they would transport it with them from place to place guarding it in the tabernacle. Is this wrong? Am I wrong to say that the judaic view of G!D no longer holds Him to the confines of an ark?
yes, it's completely wrong. judaism *never* thought G!D actually lived in the ark. the ark, tabernacle and Temple were simply focal points to allow easier contact in the era of prophecy. think of them as a sort of spiritual version of an internet connection if it helps. if you want to find out more about judaism, i suggest http://www.jewfaq.com.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Remember -NEVER NEVER prey to any god but god, oh and jesus, oh yeah and all the saints, oh and dont forget about the pope.

(as being catholic was the only way to be christian for hundreds of years, and the popes were in charge of what was in the bible and what wasnt you cant be a real christian if you are not catholic. unless you want to make your own bible )

Antichrist​

Definition: Antichrist means against or instead of Christ. The term applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or that improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah.

Back