Asian Bird Flu

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Now this is a topic worth being concerned about.

Asian Bird Flu is a subject that has been simmering away in the science press for a few years now.

Why?

Bird flu is a virus that could potentially absorb genes from human flu. And if it does, that could well create a new strain that is both lethal and highly contagious.

It could create a global pandemic on a scale worst than Spanish Flu, which in 1918-19 is attributed to have killed perhaps over 25-40 million people.

This isn't idle speculation - people have already been dying of Asian Bird Flu. The difference is that the existing strains killing humans are not yet contagious enough to spread as easily as human flu.

However, it is a biologically known fact that similar viruses can exchange genetic information. The longer that Asian Bird Flu and human flu strains are exposed to each other, the greater the possibility of a new virulent strain developing that can more easily affect humans.

There are many different threats facing humanity, many of which capture imagination and fears. Asian Bird Flu may not promise an apocalypse, but what it does promise is something that will irrevocably affect humanity and change the world on a scale beyond 9/11.

Last week the WHO issued a world alert - expect a pandemic soon.

Some links:

Stockpile bird flu vaccine now - WHO issues alerts for Governments to stock stock-piling H5 vaccines - European companies have already begun, but with only enough doses to cover key staff

Bird flu may be worryingly widespread - New Scientist reports on how doctors have been unable to spot new cases of Asian Bird Flu in humans until its too late.

Editorial: Bird flu outbreak could kill 1.5 billion people - An editorial in New Scientist magazine points out that with a 75% fatality rate in Asian Bird Flu infection in humans, a global edpidemic could kill up to 1.5 billion people.

Spanish Flu - Wikipedia on the effects on the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918

QUESTION: Is this something we really should be worried about?

(PS - apologies if this gives you nightmares)

Well, if a ramshackle approach in dealing with it is taken (similar to the US's lethargic approach to this current flu issue), then yes, we should be worried. I think those with weak immune systems should worry the most, as well as those who have worn themselves down (but normally have a strong immune system).

Funny thing though Brian...basic hygene seems to keep viruses at bay, as well as common sense. One might end up with dry skin on the hands, and chapped lips (from regular scrubbing), but it's a small price to pay for no infection...

v/r

Q

I don't think my kids would appreciate their lips being scrubbed. ;)

Salaam

The most terrible things is the role of The drug companies in developing new generations from these viruses by playing of their geometric genetics, and this is for increasing their profits despite of any bad results on the humanity..

Also the biological arms is another direction threaten the life of people in this world ....some times they make secret experiments on the people without any declaration. I think the future carry more about this subject..... :confused:

Friend said:
Salaam

The most terrible things is the role of The drug companies in developing new generations from these viruses by playing of their geometric genetics, and this is for increasing their profits despite of any bad results on the humanity..

Also the biological arms is another direction threaten the life of people in this world ....some times they make secret experiments on the people without any declaration. I think the future carry more about this subject..... :confused:
Genomic genetics? Is that what you meant? I agree. God does not play dice with the Universe, but certain pharmacutical companies do. Not good karma.

v/r

Q

Certainly if/when we're hit by a deadly form of Asian Bird Flu, the biotech companies will be fingered by various conspiracies.

The tragedy is that this is an issue that has been festering for years and years, and is effectively due to the factory farming of livestock. By cramping the animals into as little space as possible, it turns such livestock farms into potential disease houses. That's precisely what used to happen here and why industrial farmed livestock is so heavily pumped up with anti-biotics. Which then contributes to antibiotic resistance within pathogens that can attack humans. It's absolutely insane - but in a consumer economy, the consumer is happy with cheap and so this is what they get. The conspiracy theoriests will fail to acknowledge this, looking instead for cheap and easy targets than disturbing human truths.

I, Brian, have you forgotten about the "drug-happy" doctors who will prescribe antibiotics for colds or other viral infections and also people with certain types of diseases who will take the medications prescribed only until they feel better, then stop, contributing to mutations in various diseases (TB, for example or typhoid)?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Not, not forgotten - but at least that's not practised on an industrial scale. We are a pretty short-sighted species.

Dear Brian

I said:
We are a pretty short-sighted species.

Yep we are

Conscious awareness important about Asian Bird Flu and its root causes which are alarming, but fear not I was told in 1995 that 1/3 of the world population is going to leave planet earth through various means so that is a lot less in numbers then is being rumoured and predicted possible above.

Water is the biggest problem for humanity due to the current contamination and there will a big shortage in the future if we do not change our ways, hence why the 'Be the Change' Conference in London is doing a really big stage on water in May.

being love

Kim xxx

Sacredstar said:
but fear not I was told in 1995 that 1/3 of the world population is going to leave planet earth through various means so that is a lot less in numbers then is being rumoured and predicted possible above.
That would mean 2 billion, then - more than the 1.5 billion New Scientist suggested as a top figure.

However, you seem to be suggesting that you have some form of Infallible prophesy - but I'm afraid I would have difficulty accepting that.

Oh, I know how over-powering it is to feel talked to be God and powerful spiritual beings. But on a planet that is already over-populated with self-appointed prophets, messiahs, and whatnot, I'll carry a little cynicism while all they can offer is words.

But, really, that's a new topic entirely - been meaning to write on that for a while.

Excellent please do Brian it would be an interesting discussion.

I have no attachment to any prophecy if it resonates with peoples hearts then great if not that is great too.

I just do as I am told to pass on the words in their integrity and not to elaborate what is received.

I never was very good at maths at school so best I stick to GOD's word thank you for correcting me on numbers....

LOL!

being love

Kim xx

Heh heh - no problem. :)

Very busy at the moment, but will try and write something on the prophetic experience soon, though - I know there are a few people who periodically post here who've gone through the process in different ways.

Back