Bible contradictions -v- divination

S

Sacredstar

Dear All

There does seem to be some contradictions in the bible regarding divination.

[1] : Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Divination \Div`i*na"tion\, n. [L. divinatio, fr. divinare,
divinatum, to foresee, foretell, fr. divinus: cf. F.
divination. See Divine.]
1. The act of divining; a foreseeing or foretelling of future
events; the pretended art discovering secret or future by
preternatural means.

There shall not be found among you any one that . .
. useth divination, or an observer of times, or an
enchanter. --Deut. xviii.

Note: Among the ancient heathen philosophers natural
divination was supposed to be effected by a divine
afflatus; artificial divination by certain rites,
omens, or appearances, as the flight of birds, entrails
of animals, etc.

But yet the Holy Spirit often manifests as a bird, the divine feminine and the Holy Mother's symbol as always been the white dove.

2. An indication of what is future or secret; augury omen;
conjectural presage; prediction.

Birds which do give a happy divination of things to
come. --Sir T.North.

[2] : WordNet (r) 2.0

divination
n 1: successful conjecture by unusual insight or good luck
2: a prediction uttered under divine inspiration [syn: prophecy]
3: the art or gift of prophecy (or the pretense of prophecy) by
supernatural means [syn: foretelling, soothsaying, fortune
telling]

See also: [prophecy] [foretelling] [soothsaying] [fortune telling]

[3] : Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Divination
of false prophets (Deut. 18:10, 14; Micah 3:6, 7, 11), of
necromancers (1 Sam. 28:8), of the Philistine priests and
diviners (1 Sam. 6:2), of Balaam (Josh. 13:22). Three kinds of
divination are mentioned in Ezek. 21:21, by arrows, consulting
with images (the teraphim), and by examining the entrails of
animals sacrificed. The practice of this art seems to have been
encouraged in ancient Egypt. Diviners also abounded among the
aborigines of Canaan and the Philistines (Isa. 2:6; 1 Sam. 28).
At a later period multitudes of magicians poured from Chaldea
and Arabia into the land of Israel, and pursued their
occupations (Isa. 8:19; 2 Kings 21:6; 2 Chr. 33:6). This
superstition widely spread, and in the time of the apostles
there were "vagabond Jews, exorcists" (Acts 19:13), and men like
Simon Magus (Acts 8:9), Bar-jesus (13:6, 8), and other jugglers
and impostors (19:19; 2 Tim. 3:13). Every species and degree of
this superstition was strictly forbidden by the law of Moses
(Ex. 22:18; Lev. 19:26, 31; 20:27; Deut. 18:10, 11).

But beyond these various forms of superstition, there are
instances of divination on record in the Scriptures by which God
was pleased to make known his will.

(1.) There was divination by lot, by which, when resorted to
in matters of moment, and with solemnity, God intimated his will
(Josh. 7:13). The land of Canaan was divided by lot (Num. 26:55,
56); Achan's guilt was detected (Josh. 7:16-19), Saul was
elected king (1 Sam. 10:20, 21), and Matthias chosen to the
apostleship, by the solem lot (Acts 1:26). It was thus also that
the scape-goat was determined (Lev. 16:8-10).

(2.) There was divination by dreams (Gen. 20:6; Deut. 13:1, 3;
Judg. 7:13, 15; Matt. 1:20; 2:12, 13, 19, 22). This is
illustrated in the history of Joseph (Gen. 41:25-32) and of
Daniel (2:27; 4:19-28).

(3.) By divine appointment there was also divination by the
Urim and Thummim (Num. 27:21), and by the ephod.

(4.) God was pleased sometimes to vouch-safe direct vocal
communications to men (Deut. 34:10; Ex. 3:4; 4:3; Deut. 4:14,
15; 1 Kings 19:12). He also communed with men from above the
mercy-seat (Ex. 25:22), and at the door of the tabernacle (Ex.
29:42, 43).

(5.) Through his prophets God revealed himself, and gave
intimations of his will (2 Kings 13:17; Jer. 51:63, 64).

And the most wonderful testement of all is Corinthians Chapter 12

Now concerning spiritual gifts breathen, I would not have you ignorant. 1. Ye know that ye were gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3. Wherefore I give you to understand that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calledth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4. Now with the diversities of gifts, but are of the same spirit.
5. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6. And there are diversities of operations but the same God which worketh all in all (different religions)
7. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same spirit.
9. To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit.
10. To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another the discerning of spirits' to another divers of kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11. But all these wortheth that one and self same Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.

Blessings in abundance

Kim xxx

I would not call this contradiction in the bible but rather a study and understanding of opposition between two conflicting forces or ideas.

There is a very clear distinction between witchcraft and mystics and the like, and that it differs from the power of the living God.
I feel it is very easy for people to get these mixed up and get off on the wrong track with various imaginations that lead to a false senes of comfort.
This is why the very first commandments are

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God… [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.' [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth[/font]

Sacredstar said:
But surely GOD created everything Bandit?
yes and this is where it all gets tricky. people will go one way or the other with it. i think it is best to stay somewhere in the middle for the best understanding.
While certainly everything would originate from God, this does not mean he is the author of everything that happens, but rather he 'allows'.
God is not the author of confusion, but he will allow confusion, for whatever purpose He may have. Light out of darkness? Good triumphs over evil? Maybe that is one reason why or... along those lines. I do not have all the answers for the why, when and where(s) and every possible situation.

i think it would go into a different discussion eventually which I have been wanting to have here for some time. just let me think on it for awhile.

I have recently been pushing this verse

Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
20: To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

We have a clear cut guideline telling us what is of God and what is NewAge mystical make believe.

God created humans with great minds able to generate fiction at moments notice. There are real spirits that appear to people in Disguise as angels, saints even Mary. Demonic forces do not always flee at the name of Jesus sometimes they decieve in his name or attack. If you open yourself as a channel for spirits they will come. You may indeed hear voices see visions but do they draw you to Christ? Do they pull you closer to the testimony of His word do they encourage you to Honor God by keeping the law He wrote on your heart.

There is NO contradiction in the Bible on this matter. The Bible clearly warns us of diviners who would lead us astray with flattering words and such even those claiming to be of the same mind and using the name of Christ.

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30: Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

It also shows us How using Jesus name does not always control evil forces.

Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14: And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15: And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16: And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
17: And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

I really feel if you see a contradiction with what you are doing and what you read in the Bible than closer examination of which power is behind your visions,dreams and such may be in order. My church family has long been feeling the hurt of watching some of our younger members being lead away from God and into this self motivated spiritualism. Its like they want more to control more of their lives and both physical and spiritual. Instead of seeking God they start seeking POWER within themselves. God gives gifts I know but man also has the ability to tap into sources that are not of God and this spirit realm is one of them. It has been drawing believers away from God from creation it seems.

To the law and to the testimony. Hammer it in people everything else does not shine with Gods true light. No contradiction but rather God given conviction.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45: And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46: I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47: And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48: He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
We will be judged by how we follow the word of God. That is why we are warned not to stray to far away from it.

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

We are at war with this power whether we like it or not
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Aww The law and the testimony.

Please Show me Biblical Scripture for Mary being represented by anything.

Matt 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47: Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48: But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49: And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50: For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mary was a woman of Jewish decent the line of David to make her a diety is Idolatry and I am sure would have been offensive to her as well. Her salvation came the same way ours does through the blood of Jesus. He is the Way He is the Truth and He is the Light and He not mary is our only route to the Father.

Last edited:
There is NO contradiction in the Bible on this matter. The Bible clearly warns us of diviners who would lead us astray with flattering words and such even those claiming to be of the same mind and using the name of Christ.
Well you sure did pull a lot of them together there Basstian:) There is no doubt about it. This was one of the same problems with Israel, the Greek and Roman mythical gods and sorcerers.

The main message that went forth all those years with Israel was ONE GOD!

Deut6:4Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Dear Star, if you put the 'V' in the heading of this to get me into the god/goddess divinity stuff, I am not going there with you. Those are pagan myths from way back yonder that keep getting pulled forward changing the names, mixing it with the bible... and I do not believe any of them.
There is ONE God that started all this and ONE Lord Jesus since Calvary...that is all there ever was.
The Holy Ghost and the Father is the same spirit. No female, no male.
God is A SPIRIT (singular)

Galations3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Dear Basstian

"being lead away from God and into this self motivated spiritualism."

Well my experience as a spiritual teacher is different those that GOD brings to me are on a spirtual path that leads them home to GOD. And it is truly wonderful to witness.

"Its like they want more to control more of their lives and both physical and spiritual."

Well it is GOD's will for people to take their power back from religion and any other controlling/dominating influence, so there can be no separation between GOD and his children, so all is going to divine plan. Spiritual independence leads them straight to the heart of GOD. But same take longer then others.

"Instead of seeking God they start seeking POWER within themselves."

This is part of God's will for us to realise our own power so that we can co-create hand in hand with GOD. As Jesus said 'You can do this even better then I" and so it is 2,000 years later our children are realising their own GOD given power. I feel it is our responsibility to remind them to honour that power and not abuse the energy that is GOD given. Once you know your own power of manifestation (bestowed by GOD) one lives in true humility of it.

"God gives gifts I know but man also has the ability to tap into sources that are not of God and this spirit realm is one of them."

Well we will have to agree to differ on that one.

Blessings in abundance

Kim xxx

Hello all,

I have a question. Did not the Lord also say (in the Bible), something to the effect that:

If you (man) are wise enough to discern the future/truth/answers from the stars, why not look to the One who created those stars...? (referring to astrology here, but implying other forms of future seeing).

Also, is not the difference between fortune telling or divianation, and prophecy, a matter of God's enlightenment or not? And did not God state that what He revealed would not fail any test (e.g. prove absolutely true)?

I don't know if you recall the psychic named G. Dixon, but she had a hit rate of about 48 percent when predicting the future, and as she saw things, did not quite match what actually happened. Wherein, the prophets' visions were promised by GOD to be 100 percent accurate every time, with no margin of error.

Unlike divianation (currently), prophecy usually had a double meaning, for yesterday and today (past and future).

I think people do see a potential future. However a potential "future" is not set in stone. (If man goes left, then this will happen, but then that same man goes right instead, or goes straight on, or stops, and back peddles in the direction he came from). Therefore, future telling is like betting on a race horse, 50/50 at best. I also think that those who may have the gift of "farsightedness" are disposed to not reveal that to anyone, but help infuence the object of that farsightedness, to fullfil or not fullfil the vision's end result (quietly).

Example: I see that my wife is going to be in an accident, and she is thrown through the window, which kills her because she did not think to buckle up. (I know it in my bones. I can see it feel it hear it, I'm there already). Do I tell her I visioned her in an accident? Or do I reach around, grab her seat belt, buckle her in and tell her I care about her, and wouldn't want anything to happen to her, and emphasise "Please do this for me." Or do I talk her into walking with me, or letting me drive with her, thus spending "quality" time together?

I think that unless it is from GOD, we can change any future. But the burden of knowing the potential future is to be left alone with us, and never shared with anyone else (read that as revealed).

Does that make sense?

v/r

Q

Sacredstar said:
Dear Basstian

"being lead away from God and into this self motivated spiritualism."

Well my experience as a spiritual teacher is different those that GOD brings to me are on a spirtual path that leads them home to GOD. And it is truly wonderful to witness.

"Its like they want more to control more of their lives and both physical and spiritual."

Well it is GOD's will for people to take their power back from religion and any other controlling/dominating influence, so there can be no separation between GOD and his children, so all is going to divine plan. Spiritual independence leads them straight to the heart of GOD. But same take longer then others.

"Instead of seeking God they start seeking POWER within themselves."

This is part of God's will for us to realise our own power so that we can co-create hand in hand with GOD. As Jesus said 'You can do this even better then I" and so it is 2,000 years later our children are realising their own GOD given power. I feel it is our responsibility to remind them to honour that power and not abuse the energy that is GOD given. Once you know your own power of manifestation (bestowed by GOD) one lives in true humility of it.

"God gives gifts I know but man also has the ability to tap into sources that are not of God and this spirit realm is one of them."

Well we will have to agree to differ on that one.

Blessings in abundance

Kim xxx
Dearest Sacred,

I do not think GOD wants us to assume power on our own for any reason. I think GOD wants us to ask GOD to channel the power each of us are capable of, so that it may be used for constructive purposes. Where do I get this from? "Not mine, but Thy Will be done..." that is what Jesus prayed in the Garden. To take matters into one's own hands, with not blueprint, manual, or guidance, is the same as giving an infant the remote trigger to a nuclear bomb...sooner or later, that child will push the button...

v/r

Q

Yes it makes sense Quahom. Anyone can put something into words to make it look like they have this ability. Astrology and fortune telling is that way. It says just enough to make people believe in horoscopes and the like. I think some are tapping into the wrong pipeline.
What else I am seeing is people think it is all in there own hands. In part this true. I keep seeing "take back our power"
In reality there is no power except that which God allows. God is all power and more and more people like to leave that out of everything today. Actually, I think it has always been this way, but more prevelant in the last 10 years. People forget they are IN a universe and within a plan, instead they think they are the universe and have all power.
We dont take power, we recieve power from God alone.

Your example of the wife/accident/seatbelt is a perfect example and of walking together, letting you drive is what it really comes down to. NICE:)

I think that unless it is from GOD, we can change any future. But the burden of knowing the potential future is to be left alone with us, and never shared with anyone else (read that as revealed).
I think this is a very key factor and excellent understanding;) .

why not look to the One who created those stars...?
I will hunt for this and get back soon.

I must tell all, this is a biblical topic with an ANTI bible intent.

On the contrary, it is not controversial. Everything I have come across concerning this online and in the scriptures leads into witchcraft, paganism, satanism, stars, mysticism, astrology and divination and it goes against the God of creation.

While they submit to a 'form' of the rules namely universal because they know they have no other choice. The outcome is not the same for they do indeed worship other gods. Yet we know these gods are not in the same sense gods, but the god of this world who is the fallen Lucifer!!!

This is another one that I will be disreguarding and YES it does belong in another forum for the simple fact that the symbolism is not of God or biblical, and arguing, that the bible contradicts itself should be in a forum of believers who believe and seek such contradicitons.
They can seek him and worship him, but deny his name. Satan. The Devil. The fallen Angel.
Typical and Pathetic.

Oh, I pray to the one and only God most high, through our Lord Jesus Christ, would never allow these imaginations and wickedness to belong in His servants and children, and to protect His children to the day of eternal rest.
Giving all glory to the creator of all things, for He alone is worthy and just and righteous. In Jesus Name Amen

Dear Q

GOD knows better then I, GOD is liberating his children and helping them to take their power back from health, education, society, governments, religion, partners and families and any other dominating influences that is unjust.

From experience the first for most is to take back their power, so that they then have the confidence to surrender and align their will to GOD. Hence why GOD as led me to the work that many of us do, showing people the way home to GOD. GOD does not care how this is done as long as it is done.

Prejudice of any type is against the law of love and that includes prejudice of divination and those that might choose this as a stepping stone to help lost souls find peace of mind.

This is a big subject and all have raised some excellent points that I will come back to with a response when I have a bit more time.

Bandit I know your heart is bigger and it takes a BIG man to love everyone and everything like Christ did. What we resist persists it is the nature of GOD's domain. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder which reminds of of this scripture.

Jesus said: ‘The mote that is your brother’s eye you see, but the beam in your own eye you see not. When you cast the beam out of your eye, then you will see clearly to cast the mote out of your brother’s eye.26 “If a blind man guides the being of a blind man, both of them fall to the bottom of the pit”34 “When you strip yourselves of your shame, and take your garments and put them under your feet even as little children, and you trample them; then you shall behold the Son of Him who is living, and you shall not fear”37 “I tell my mysteries to those that are worthy of my mysteries” 62 “He who finds himself, of him the ( rest of the) world is not worthy”111.

Here Jesus is at his best with some reverse psychology, because Jesus knows that if the person heals the self of their own negative perceptional consciousness they will no longer see or find a problem with their brother. All negative thoughts are replaced with positive ones and in this way our vision changes. A man cannot be led by another who as not healed the self is very true, how can one share and teach love to another if one does not truly love the self unconditionally? Toxic shame is usually a result of mental, emotional, physical or sexual abuse; humiliation and ridicule in childhood and the garments can be understood as professional hats and superiority masks. The many garments that we wear; there is the mask of the ‘victim’ ‘survivor’ dress of pride and intellectualism, the armour of truth and protection. Jesus is asking us to heal ourselves to the point of nudity and transparency, to go back to the innocence of childhood and the core of who we truly are at our purest essence of being and in doing so we can become a Christ just like St Paul stated in the bible.

Love beyond measure

Kim xxx

Sacred Star,
I have just read these words...............
" ......... showing people the way home to God. God does not care how this is done, as long as it is done."
The final revelation, for havn't we heard this somewhere before in the history of this world? These are not God's words, for God cares immensely about all that is put forward in Gods name. One cannot speak of love and love more the power of self, to use it as an affront to others, as so with the bible, or politics or any other use other than the original nature of love in its highest form and consciousness. Love is a healing balm, in the hands of God and God uses it well to promote unity and peace. Do you?

Sacredstar said:
...Prejudice of any type is against the law of love and that includes prejudice of divination and those that might choose this as a stepping stone to help lost souls find peace of mind...
No, it does not include divination. And Ciel makes an excellent point as well. To profess that something is right, to the detriment of all others (read that as causing them to stumble in their own faith), and to attempt to drive that point home, is not Love, Sacred.

Love is patient, not brash, not demanding. Love is not boastful. Love does not make people stumble. Love does not insist in its own way.

Love, is not a law. Love is a decision, or choice to put others above self, not make others concede to self.

v/r

Q

Dear Q

This is a first draft on the Law of Love.

The Law Of Love

What is the fundamental message of the Bible and Gospel of Jesus? As Christians, the belief is that the Hebrew Scripture is a divinely inspired revelation of God's covenant. Above all, it is part of a continuing story and promise of redemption. Christians also embrace the law delivered by Jesus and that law is the Law of Love. Its cornerstone is the two-fold commandment to ‘love God and love your neighbour as yourself.’ The purpose of this law and its pure intent is for the people to love with all their hearts. Jesus refined the law given to Moses; Paul called it the Law of Christ. Gal.6:2.

We are followers of Jesus, not some collection of laws found in the Old Testament or anywhere else. Jesus is the role model, his teachings are the principles and these principles are ethically and spiritually driven, not rule-bound. Love will always place people above rules in the 21st century, so let us share with people how they can embrace the ‘Law of Love’ — the whole and pure hearted love of God and all of God’s creation.

In Romans 1:26-27, we are made righteous by faith in God, not by doing the works of the Law. The Old Testament’s laws had a purpose, but Christians are no longer under the supervision of the Law. John, the disciple Jesus loved John 13:23, said: ‘For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ’ (John 1:17, NIV). Just as Jesus is greater than Moses, so too his teachings out rank anything Moses ever said or wrote.

Is it possible to fulfil this law when nobody could fulfil the Law of Moses, not even Moses? Then Jesus delivers a much more difficult Law that we can demonstrate through love, in love, being love. The Bible says, ‘the fruit of the spirit is love; and against such (love) there is no law.’ Gal.5:22,23 ‘I am not come to destroy the law or the prophets, but to fulfil! ‘ Mt.5:17 and by fulfilling it, he ended it, therefore we are no longer required to keep the laws of Moses of the Old Testament!’ For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.’ Rom.10:4. Neither Jesus, nor Paul, nor any of the NT scriptures imply that Christians are held to the cultic or ethical rules of the law of Moses. Paul clearly taught that Christians are no longer under the Old Law Gal 3:23-25; that the Old Law is brought to completion in Christ Rom 10:4; and its fulfilment is in love.
Rom 13:8-10, Gal 5:14.
Jesus Christ showed us through the Sermon on the Mount and the 10 miracles that followed a new Constitution for Christianity, he showed us clearly that the Kingdom is not only precious words, but also one of wonderful works to be made by the Christians, because every Christian is another Christ Gal.2:20.

And so if we do not love everyone as our self then we are not fulfilling that Law of Love but just paying lip service to it. For those that receive and love all the children of GOD receive an abundance of love and blessings from GOD.

Rom 10:4,‘For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.’ The word ‘end’ in this passage is taken from the Greek word ‘teleo’ which means ‘To set out a definite goal the ultimate purpose.’ What it means is that Christ came with the pure intent to fulfil the law of righteous love which is zealous compassionate action. Through divine love we are able realise our own heart of perfection, if we love God with all our heart and soul then we wish to see that the intent of Gods will-to-love is performed by others too. What is this pure intent? It is pure and perfected love which demonstrates what it is to love God and to love everything that God created, so the holiness and the righteousness of Gods love is honoured.

Therefore, when Christians read the Old Testament we are to look for the principles, ethics and morals not rules on spiritual practice. For example, the OT teaches us about God’s heart for the poor and downtrodden—we learn about the importance of being fair, just and charitable. Charity and love is sorely missing from Christianity whilst condemnation of anything or anyone still exists. As we move through this new millennium and into the Golden Age of Christ Consciousness, it is imperative that we willingly and lovingly eradicate judgement, prejudice and negative perceptions, also bring down the barriers between different religions and differentials between Christians, for as Paul said: ‘There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus’ Gal 3:28.

For humanity to realise wholeness and oneness with God, all types of segregation within and between whether by class, race, gender or spiritual practice will be liberated. Jesus embraces and honours everyone, equality, zero judgement, forgiveness, justice and freedom, so these principles become our model for achieving unity consciousness. The brotherhood of man, walking side by side, hand in hand, in the front line co-creating God’s Kingdom of Love, a new world for our children and the future of humanity.

Our final reminder is written in Luke 6:27-38

27 'But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. 30 Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again. 31 And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.

32 'If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do well to those who do well to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish. 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

37 'Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back.'

Kimxx

Dear Ciel

Context is important here to avoid misunderstanding.

"showing people the way home to God. God does not care how this is done, as long as it is done."

This thread is about the bible and divination and I was attempting to express that GOD does not have a problem with divination, because if GOD did have a problem with it then Jesus would not appear and or communicate with millions of healers and mediums around the world.

God cares immensely about all that is put forward in Gods name.

Yes I agree GOD does care very much about everything and everyone.

being love

Kim xxx

Dear SS,
In all fairness, it is not about misunderstanding. For we understand well.
Q and I were addressing the issue of the progression of the thread and how truth is revealed by example beyond words in interactions. One cannot speak of love in the way you do and use it to gain dominance over another.
It is the greatest contradiction, for you set yourself outside your own law.

Dear Ciel

This is the Christian forum and not called a Christian Fundamentalist forum, and as I understand it open to all Christians to discuss scripture and other things that effect Christianity and Gods children.

Daily I have been condemned, often with strong and damning words and scripture in discussion but yet when I respond with scripture which contradicts other scripture it is not to other's liking. I have no attachment to outcomes, I am just sharing a different perspective in scripture and providing a little extra insight if appropriate, if literal scripture and my use of it in discussion offends other's sensitivities than I apologise for I wish not to offend anyone.

Nothing would please GOD more then to see the brotherhood of man in action but yet I have not witnessed this in all cases these last weeks. People are very quick to jump to conclusions, assumptions, blame and judgements but Jesus said 'those that have not sinned may cast the first stone.

So let us pray Ciel that we can all walk our talk as Jesus taught us to do and forgive others when people are being human in their sharing whoever that may be.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

PS

Ciel said:
Dear SS,
It is the greatest contradiction, for you set yourself outside your own law.

This speaks for itself Ciel for it is not my law to set myself outside.

Had I followed everything I have read in the last few weeks being posted by you SS I would have thrown my Bible out the window Because of its contradictions as a piece of trash beyond rescue because it has been tampered with by men and contains very little of the truth.

I am sure that knowbody would today even consider me a Christian. I know looking back at all these threads I wouldn't. My salvation would be doubtful according to the Bible but why would I care I have the new found power of self to live by.

Most of your posts have not been a Christian with new ideas new views looking to uplift her brothers in Christ with her insight. But rather attacks on beliefs we as Christians hold dear. Bible Contradictions Law being eradicated Bible in need of rescue and on and on with every post and every thread being this type of Anti-Bible subject.
Yet you say you feel condemned by the resulting posts most of which are scriptural and sent with deepest respect for you as a sister in Christ and us trying to show you the error of these ideas out of love and concern.
In the same way Paul said "Oh foolish Galations who has bewitched you."

If you want like minded believers to agree with these type posts you may have to leave the Christian thread and maybe go to the spiritualist or mythical or comparitive forums. Otherwise I am sure we will see the same results as future posts of this type arise. I say this not to argue but in hopes you may agree. And maybe a few threads can go by that uplift and insipre rather than become just another arguement where we defend the Bible and you attack it.

Back