Prophesies in the Quran (Fulfilled)

robocombot

Disciple
Reaction score
I Read this post about end times:

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18081&postcount=8

Which seems to suggest that there are some past events that were predicted and fulfilled. Do these come from the Quran?

Does the Quran contain Prophesies that have been fulfilled?

The Tanach (Old testament) does seem to contain fulfilled Prophesies (just started looking into them - Daniel's 4 kingdoms etc) which if true would suggest the books to be of divine origin.

However in both cases if these events occured before the time of writing then this proves nothing!

Salam (Peace)

Where it says 'past' in the post suggests that they happened in the past after the Qur'an had already prophesied them. 'Present' implies that they are happening now but have already been prophesied by the Qur'an. 'Future' implies that they have not happened yet but they will because the Qur'an has prophesied them.

That was an interesting post. Br. Friend if you could post the verses that prophesy all or some of those, I would be grateful.

Peace

Amatullah

robocombot said:
Does the Quran contain Prophesies that have been fulfilled?

The Tanach (Old testament) does seem to contain fulfilled Prophesies (just started looking into them - Daniel's 4 kingdoms etc) which if true would suggest the books to be of divine origin.

However in both cases if these events occured before the time of writing then this proves nothing!

Salaam

You should know that Al Quraan full of modern evidences about the accuracy and fulfillment
In The Quran , within some of its chapters, it foretells events in the future that have come true .It tells the story of the Exodus from Egypt, in which Moses and the Hebrews enslaved to the Pharaoh of the time escape -

“We delivered the Children of Israel across the sea. Pharaoh and his troops pursued them, aggressively and sinfully. When drowning became a reality for him, he said, “I believe there is no god except in the One whom the Children of Israel have believed; I am a submitter. Too late! For you have rebelled already, and chose to be a transgressor. Today, we will preserve your body, to set you up as a lesson for future generations. Verily, many among mankind are totally oblivious to our signs.” (The Quran, from 10:90 to 10:92)

As you can see from the above passage, The Quran prophesises that the body of the Pharaoh will be preserved for future generations. This was proved correct when the mummy of Merneptah (the Pharaoh of the Exodus) was discovered well preserved in 1898, and it can be seen on display in the Royal Mummies Room of the Egyptian Museum, Cairo. Even though, this event occurred over 3000 years ago (more than 1600 years before Muhammad) according to both archaeological and Biblical data, the author of The Quran predicted that the body of the Pharaoh would be preserved as a sign for future generations, which is nowhere to be found in the Biblical version. Dr Maurice Bucaille (who was chosen to examine the mummy) covers the above prophecy in detail in his book. Please refer to the Bibliography.

A very interesting prophecy relates to the moon landing (which occurred in 1969), is it possible The Quran predicted this? Well, judge for yourself by considering the following information – Chapter 54 of The Quran is entitled “The Moon” and starts right away by giving us news about the splitting of the moon as a sign that the end of the world is drawing close.

“The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer” (The Quran, 54:1)

When did the prophecy come to pass? To answer that, one must keep the prophecy in mind: “The moon has split.” This is a metaphor. Parts of the moon have left its surface. They no longer are part of the moon. So, the prophecy does not refer to the landing on the moon or to the first step made by Neil Armstrong but to the fact that Armstrong and Aldrin collected 21 kilograms of lunar rocks to bring back to earth. The prophecy was fulfilled at the very moment the astronauts left the moon in the lunar module containing 21 kilograms of rocks that had belonged to the moon. This can be confirmed by checking the definition of “split” in any dictionary, among the definitions given by Dictionary.com are – “to divide, disunite, separate” The date this prophecy came to pass was on July 21 1969. The moment the prophecy was fulfilled is confirmed by the hour of departure of the lunar module, which left the lunar surface at 17:54:1 (Universal Time) or 1:54:1 (EDT) and as you have seen above, verse [54:1] is the verse that deals with the prophecy. Still not convinced? Lets read the following verses after (54:1)

“The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer. Then they saw a great miracle; but they turned away and said, “Old magic.” They disbelieved, followed their opinions, and adhered to their old traditions.” (The Quran, from 54:1 to 54:3)

Here, the author of The Quran specifically states – “the moon has split”, then people will see “a great miracle”, yet they still “disbelieved”. Could the “great miracle” be the fulfilment of prophecy?

A more general prophecy is given in Chapter 41 about God’s promise to show the unbelievers that The Quran is the word of God –

“We will show them our proofs in the horizons, and within themselves, until they realise that this is the truth. Is your Lord not sufficient as a witness of all things?” (The Quran, 41:53)

Today, scientific discoveries in every field are giving more and more evidence to the truth of this statement, as I have shown previously.

For more information, see this subject The Scientific Miracles
in the Holy Quran
in this site:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1.htm

or this interesting site

http://www.geocities.com/javedsimi/amazingquran.htm

“Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder (The Quran), and, absolutely, we will preserve it.” (The Quran, 15:9)

since its revelation more than 1400 years ago, the original Quran is still fully preserved and intact as it was when it was first revealed .

see these sites to see how the modern mathematical and computers sciences proved this :

http://www.quran-islam.org/86.html

http://www.2muslims.com/directory/Detailed/218995.shtml

http://www.bilal-prayer.com/Quran_en.html

Quraan full of more evidences that I can't write all of them here ...but if you want I will write more

Salaam

This is some of what Mohammed (saas) said about the signs of the end time

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar said,
The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) came to us and said, 'O Muhajirun, (emigrants from Makkah to al-Madinah) you may be afflicted by five things; God forbid that you should live to see them. If fornication should become widespread, you should realise that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people which their forebears never suffered. If people should begin to cheat in weighing out goods, you should realise that this has never happened without drought and famine befalling the people, and their rulers oppressing them. If people should withhold Zakat, you should realise that this has never happened without the rain being stopped from falling; and were it not for the animals' sake, it would never rain again. If people should break their covenant with Allah and His Messenger, you should realise that his has never happened without Allah sending an enemy against them to take some of their possessions by force. If the leaders do not govern according to the Book of Allah, you should realise that this has never happened without Allah making them into groups and making them fight one another." (Ibn Majah).

I think this was happened to Muslims (drought and famine befalling the people, and their rulers oppressing them,sending an enemy against them to take some of their possessions by force.,Allah making them into groups and making them fight one another)

and some of them happened to all world’s people like the (diseases befalling the people which their forebears never suffered )- like the Sida or Iedes .

Abd Allah ibn 'Amr said, "I went to the Prophet (peace be upon him) one day whilst he was performing Wudu' (ablution) slowly and carefully. He raised his head, looked at me and said, 'Six things will happen to this Ummah: the death of your Prophet’ and when I heard that I was aghast, 'this is the first. The second is that your wealth will increase so much that if a man were given ten thousand, he would still not be content with it. The third is that tribulation will enter the house of every one of you. The fourth is that sudden death will be widespread. The fifth is a peace-treaty between you and the Romans: they will gather troops against you for nine months - like a woman's period of childbearing - then they will be the first to break the treaty. The sixth is the conquest of a city.' I asked, 'O Messenger of Allah, which city?' He said, 'Constantinople.’" (Ahmad.)

Anas ibn Malik said,

I shall tell you a Hadith which I heard from the Messenger of Allah, and which no-one will tell you after me. I heard him say, 'Among the signs of the Hour will be the disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance. Adultery will be prevalent and the drinking of wine will be common. The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase…”

This Hadith was reported in the two Sahihs from the Hadith of 'Abd Rabbihi.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it." Volume 9, Book 88, Number 237:
and their are more if you want
Thanks​

Salam (Peace)

Thanks for the references Friend. Ajarakumullah.

Amatullah.

Friend said:
A very interesting prophecy relates to the moon landing (which occurred in 1969), is it possible The Quran predicted this? Well, judge for yourself by considering the following information – Chapter 54 of The Quran is entitled “The Moon” and starts right away by giving us news about the splitting of the moon as a sign that the end of the world is drawing close.
“The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer” (The Quran, 54:1)

When did the prophecy come to pass? To answer that, one must keep the prophecy in mind: “The moon has split.” This is a metaphor. Parts of the moon have left its surface. They no longer are part of the moon. So, the prophecy does not refer to the landing on the moon or to the first step made by Neil Armstrong but to the fact that Armstrong and Aldrin collected 21 kilograms of lunar rocks to bring back to earth. The prophecy was fulfilled at the very moment the astronauts left the moon in the lunar module containing 21 kilograms of rocks that had belonged to the moon. This can be confirmed by checking the definition of “split” in any dictionary, among the definitions given by Dictionary.com are – “to divide, disunite, separate” The date this prophecy came to pass was on July 21 1969. The moment the prophecy was fulfilled is confirmed by the hour of departure of the lunar module, which left the lunar surface at 17:54:1 (Universal Time) or 1:54:1 (EDT) and as you have seen above, verse [54:1] is the verse that deals with the prophecy. Still not convinced? Lets read the following verses after (54:1)

“The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer. Then they saw a great miracle; but they turned away and said, “Old magic.” They disbelieved, followed their opinions, and adhered to their old traditions.” (The Quran, from 54:1 to 54:3)

Here, the author of The Quran specifically states – “the moon has split”, then people will see “a great miracle”, yet they still “disbelieved”. Could the “great miracle” be the fulfilment of prophecy?

For more information, see this subject The Scientific Miracles
in the Holy Quran
in this site:

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1.htm

or this interesting site

http://www.geocities.com/javedsimi/amazingquran.htm
salam,
this is the first time i have read this interpretation of 54:1. To my knowledge it directly refers to the miracle that the Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) performed in front of the arabs when they challenged him and they still disbelieved even after witnessing it first hand. thats what the verse refers to. This is also mentioned in authentic hadith. There is some text about it on http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1.htm which is one of the sites you referred. It says:
When the unbelievers in Makkah asked the Prophet Muhammad
salla.jpg
to show them a miracle, he showed them the splitting of the moon [Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim]. let me post the ahadith:
Anas reported that the people of Mecca demanded from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that he should show them (some) signs (miracles) and he showed them the splitting of the moon. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Anas through another chain of transmitters. [Book 39, Hadith #6728, Saheeh Muslim]
Narated By Abdullah bin Masud: During the lifetime of the Prophet the moon was split into two parts and on that the Prophet said, "Bear witness (to thus)." [Vol. 4, Book 56, Hadith # 830, Saheeh Bukhari]
One should be careful of these new interpretations. The splitting of the moon was a miracle of the Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) and thats it. and i can show that whoever wrote that article you took from did not do his research properly. The time stamp is wrong; close but wrong. See in the link below the 2nd last entry 'LM Liftoff From Lunar Surface' and the GMT associated with it.
http://history.nasa.gov/ap11-35ann/ap11events.html
i dont know why the author thought of this as a prophecy.. maybe to write his article he had to do that. But the verse refers to a miracle of Prophet Mohammad(pbuh), not a prophecy as far as i know. He was challenged and he performed it but they still disbelieved.
There is something more interesting attached to this miracle but i'll leave that for another post if necessary.
And Allah knows best.

Salaamu Alyckum
One should be careful of these new interpretations. The splitting of the moon was a miracle of the Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) and thats it. and i can show that whoever wrote that article you took from did not do his research properly
Thank you for your comment .and Allah know best ..
What is your comments about these two verses of Al Quraan

"Corruption has appeared in the land and the sea on account of what the hands of men have wrought, that He may make them taste a part of that which they have done, so that they may return." 030.041
"...And We sent down iron in which is mighty harm, as well as many benefits for mankind..." 57:25]

With regards to Mohammed splitting the moon, didnt anyone else see it? only those who were with him?

Im not saying that all miracles have to be verified by witnesses, but something on as grand a scale as that should surely of been seen by many thousands of people across the world and some record or myth or some trace of it should be around!

robocombot said:
With regards to Mohammed splitting the moon, didnt anyone else see it? only those who were with him?

Im not saying that all miracles have to be verified by witnesses, but something on as grand a scale as that should surely of been seen by many thousands of people across the world and some record or myth or some trace of it should be around!
Salaam to all
One of the great muslim scholar “Muhammad Asad” He happens to be the author of great Islamic literature, e.g., 'Islam at the Cross Road', 'The Road to Makkah'. Here is Muhammad Asad's commentary to verse 54:1 as it appears in his translation; 'The Message of the Qur'an' (Translated and Explained), published by Dar al-Andalus, Gibraltar:

Most of the commentators see in this verse a reference to a phenomenon said to have been witnessed by several of the Prophet's contemporaries. As described in a number of reports going back to some Companions, the moon appeared one night as if split into two distinct parts.While there is no reason to doubt the subjective veracity of these reports, .... But whatever the nature of that phenomenon, it is practically certain that the above Qur'an-verse does not refer to it but, rather, to a future event: namely, to what will happen when the Last Hour approaches…” . many other scholars interpreted this verse in another way that this verse refer to that event "splitting the moon" in the time of Mohameed which surely happened .....and Allah know best .

About the “ MOON SPLITTING”, you should know it is by the power of Allah not by the power of Mohameed to support Mohammed message . there are evidences proved this event , "Ibn Khatir has mentioned that the Miracle was seen in India in his book of history (Albedaya wa Alnehaya) part 3 (Volume 2) page 116."

CHAKRAWATI FARMAS KING OF MALABAR, INDIA

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It was quoted in the book "Muhammad Rasulullah," by M. Hamidullah:

"There is a very old tradition in Malabar, South-West Coast of India, that Chakrawati Farmas, one of their kings, had observed the splitting of the moon, the celebrated miracle of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) at Mecca, and learning on inquiry that there was a prediction of the coming of a Messanger of God from Arabia (Detail given bellow), he appointed his son as regent and set out to meet him. He embraced Islam at the hand of the Prophet, and when returning home, at the direction of the Prophet, died at the port of Zafar, Yemen, where the tomb of the "Indian king" was piously visited for many centuries."

The old manuscript in the 'India Office Library' contains several other details about King Chakrawati Farmas and his travel .

The king spent weeks in seclusion. In the midst of his quiet life, he set out on the journey along with the Arab travelers who'd promised him earlier. On the way, they stopped by Koylandi and from there to Dharmapatnam where they halted for 3 days. Then they set out to Shehr Muqalla. On reaching there, they set for the Hajj pilgrimage and thereafter returned to Malabar. He aspired to spread the message of Islam. But on the way, he fell sick and breathed his last.

A tradition of the Holy Prophet has also been reported from one of the companions, Abu Saeed al Kaudri, regarding the arrival of Cheraman Perumel. "A king from India presented the Messenger of Allah with a bottle of pickle that had ginger in it. The Holy Prophet distributed it among his companions. I also received a piece to eat ". (Hakim reports in 'Al Musthadrak )

Umar Qazi's poem on Cheraman Perumal.
Umar Qazi was well aware of the story of Cheraman Perumal - the first Indian to accept Islam. He narrates it thus in one of his poems inscribed on the walls of Ponnani Juma Masjid.

Kodungallur was a center of festivals established by the great Emperor Cheraman Perumal .....
The major part of all the minor kingdoms were under his rule ...
As such, one day he saw he saw the moon split into two (a miracle of Holy Prophet performed in Arabia) on a clear cloudless night ....
As a result the love for Holy Prophet grew in his heart and he became the earliest Muslim of this nation....

Moon Splitting in Hadiths
Narrated Abdullah bin Masud: "During the lifetime of the Prophet the moon was split into two parts and on that the Prophet said, 'Bear witness (to thus).' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 830)"

Narrated Anas: "That the Meccan people requested Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle, and so he showed them the splitting of the moon. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 831)"

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: "The moon was split into two parts during the lifetime of the Prophet. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 832)"

Narrated Anas bin Malik: "The people of Mecca asked Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle. So he showed them the moon split in two halves between which they saw the Hiram' mountain. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 208)"

Narrated 'Abdullah: "The moon was split ( into two pieces ) while we were with the Prophet in Mina. He said, "Be witnesses." Then a Piece of the moon went towards the mountain. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 209)"

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas: "During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle the moon was split (into two places). (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 210)"

Narrated 'Abdullah: "The moon was split (into two pieces). (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar), Volume 5, Book 58, Number 211)"

According to Maududi, the traditionists and commentators have agreed that this incident took place at Mina in Makkah about five years before the Holy Prophet's Hijra (migration) to Madinah.

The Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers (in Makkah) one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then, in an instant the two had rejoined. This was a manifest proof of the truth that the system of the universe was neither eternal nor immortal, it could be disrupted.

This incident indicated that huge stars and planets could split asunder, disintegrate, collide with each other, and everything that had been described in the Qur'an on the Resurrection could happen. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) invited the people's attention to this event only with this object in view and asked them to mark it and be a witness to it. But the disbelievers described it as a magical illusion and persisted in their denial.

salaam
Other Relevant Notes
It is due to this incident about their king, the people of Malabar became the first community in India to accept Islam. Subsequently, they increased their trade with Arabs, as the Arab ships used to pass by their shores on the way to China before the advent of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Before Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Malabar also had a Christian community dating back from the earliest followers of Prophet Jesus ('Isa), pbuh. St. Thomas is believed to have migrated to India and died there. This community remained untouched by later theological developments in Christianity until the arrival of Portugese traveler Vasco da Gama.

When the British were consolidating their stronghold in India, they deployed the largest naval operation (on the shores of India) against the Muslims of Malabar.

Predictions of the coming of a Messanger of God from Arabia
Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) was commanded by God to inform that he was not the only Messenger of God to the world [Al Qur'an 46:9]. Scholars say that there had been some 124,000 Prophet sent to the world who preached in the language of the respective people [A Qur'an 14:4]. The true religion they preached and their scriptures got corrupted with passage of time (with the exception of Al Qur'an). However, the message on the last and greatest Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) is retained till date in the scriptures of all major world religions.

The Hindu scriptures identify the greatest Prophet to come mentioning details of his birth, events of his life, his followers, etc. Some even give his Arabic name or its equivalents! This article will help creating right belief (Iman) in other religionists.

Further, it will help Muslims appreciate yet another facet of greatness of Prophet (Pbuh) and deepen their Iman. We will see here only a sample of the overwhelming evidences!

Prophet (Pbuh) Foretold in India (A) Hindu scriptures
There is no doubt that God sent Prophets (Pbuh) to people of India. There is no mention of any Indian Prophet or scripture in Holy Qur'an. But Bukhari records Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) as saying he was enjoying breeze wafting from India laden with fragrance of Tawhid (unity of God). The four Vedas (scriptures) of Hindus and their epics are said to be 5000-10,000 years old. They contain a great deal of monotheistic ideas, and of course, prophecies on Hadrath Muhammad (Pbuh).

Bhavishya Puran
This is a Sanskrit work of prophecies. The title means 'Book of the Future'. Since Hinduism is based in India it was, and still is, taken for granted that its sages will be born in India itself. Contrary to this belief the Book says that a great master will appear in a foreign country (mlechcha acharya) and live in a sandy region (marusthal). His name will be Mahaaamad. Within a short span of 18 couplets Mahaamad is mentioned five times.

There is an interesting information in Bhavishya Purana that Mahaamad would appear to Bhoj, ruler of Dhar, and say that he would establish the religion of meat eaters, by the command of Ishwar i.e. God. There is a tradition that long afterwards, Bhoj got terrified on seeing the full moon split into two. Learned men consulted holy books and told him that it was one of the signs of the Universal Master to be born in a country to the West. Bhoj sent his minister to Prophet (Pbuh) in Arabia, who named the king Abdullah. The Tomb of Abdullah is still there at Dhar...

Mahabharat
This is a Hindu epic describing the struggle and triumph of good against evil. It was written by sage Vyas who also authored Bhavishya Purana. Mahabharata says that in the last eon called Kali Yug (in which we now live) a great sage will appear with name Mahaamad. He would preach about unity of God. He will be driven away from his native place by his own folk. By him the world would get peace. (Islam means peace). Mahabharat further says that cloud will provide him shade. It is recorded in history that Buhaira, the Christian priest of Syria observed this sign with Muhammad e in his boyhood and identified him as the last Prophet anticipated for millennia.

Kalki Puran
The signs and events of the final Avatar Kalki point out to final Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh). They fit those of Muhammad (Pbuh) neatly and perfectly. They are as follows;

§ Kalki will appear in the last on Kali Yug and will be the guide for the entire world.

§ He will be born on the 12th day of the month. Prophet (Pbuh) as born on 12th Of Rabiyyul Awwal).

§ His parents will be: Vishnu Bhagat and Soomati meaning servant of God (the Cherisher) and peace. (Messenger's (Pbuh) father's name was Abdullah, God's servant and mother was Amina refuge giver which includes the idea of 'peace'.)

§ He will be with a beauty par-excellence. His body will be fragrant.

§ He will get wisdom on a mountain. (Messenger (Pbuh) was conferred Prophethood on Mt.Hira)

§ He will receive a horse from God, which will be faster than lightning. Riding it he will go around the earth and seven skies. (During Mi'raj Prophet (Pbuh) got Buraq meaning lightning and toured the entire universe.)

§ Kalki will split the moon. Like Bhoj, Cheraman (Zamorin) Perumal the ruler of Indian kingdom of Kerala, witnessed splitting of the moon performed by Prophet (Pbuh). After gathering the facts he sailed to Arabia and became Muslim at Prophet's (Pbuh) hand. His Tomb is near the city of Salala in Oman.

And Allah Know Best

Salaam all...

you know... i did some research on this bit of the claim:

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It was quoted in the book "Muhammad Rasulullah," by M. Hamidullah:

"There is a very old tradition in Malabar, South-West Coast of India, that Chakrawati Farmas, one of their kings, had observed the splitting of the moon, the celebrated miracle of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) at Mecca, and learning on inquiry that there was a prediction of the coming of a Messanger of God from Arabia (Detail given bellow), he appointed his son as regent and set out to meet him. He embraced Islam at the hand of the Prophet, and when returning home, at the direction of the Prophet, died at the port of Zafar, Yemen, where the tomb of the "Indian king" was piously visited for many centuries."

The old manuscript in the 'India Office Library' contains several other details about King Chakrawati Farmas and his travel .

and you know what i found?

nothing. there isn't a single referent that i can find the in Indian Office Library to substantiate these claims. not one. heck, i can't even find the book that these claims are supposed to be in, Arabic, 2807, 152-173

nevertheless, you can be quite sure that if the moon were split, especially during that time in history, peoples around the globe, at least those during the night hours, would have seen it, recorded and and probably developed a theology around it. the moon, itself, was worshipped as a deity by many beings at that time. it is a bit specious to claim that only one other place on earth witnessed the event when so many beings relied upon the moon for navigation, travel, planting and all manner of other things.

Vajradhara said:
Salaam all...

you know... i did some research on this bit of the claim:

and you know what i found?

nothing. there isn't a single referent that i can find the in Indian Office Library to substantiate these claims. not one. heck, i can't even find the book that these claims are supposed to be in, Arabic, 2807, 152-173

nevertheless, you can be quite sure that if the moon were split, especially during that time in history, peoples around the globe, at least those during the night hours, would have seen it, recorded and and probably developed a theology around it. the moon, itself, was worshipped as a deity by many beings at that time. it is a bit specious to claim that only one other place on earth witnessed the event when so many beings relied upon the moon for navigation, travel, planting and all manner of other things.
Salaam
You are right,but may be some one keep it secret , or you didn't made search well....
if it didn't exist ...why they give these specific details?...
they can give general information to prevent people like you from searching to the truth about this event .

Thank you for your information .....I'm very interested to know that you went to search about these information....know I'm searching in another direction about the site of the grave in Oman ..

There are another information about this event ...traders men came from Al Sham (Syria ,Jordan, Lebnanon,and Palistaine ) they said to the people of Makka that they saw this event .

Friend said:
Salaam to all
One of the great muslim scholar “Muhammad Asad” He happens to be the author of great Islamic literature, e.g., 'Islam at the Cross Road', 'The Road to Makkah'. Here is Muhammad Asad's commentary to verse 54:1 as it appears in his translation; 'The Message of the Qur'an' (Translated and Explained), published by Dar al-Andalus, Gibraltar:

Most of the commentators see in this verse a reference to a phenomenon said to have been witnessed by several of the Prophet's contemporaries. As described in a number of reports going back to some Companions, the moon appeared one night as if split into two distinct parts.While there is no reason to doubt the subjective veracity of these reports, .... But whatever the nature of that phenomenon, it is practically certain that the above Qur'an-verse does not refer to it but, rather, to a future event: namely, to what will happen when the Last Hour approaches…” . many other scholars interpreted this verse in another way that this verse refer to that event "splitting the moon" in the time of Mohameed which surely happened .....and Allah know best .

The Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers (in Makkah) one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then, in an instant the two had rejoined. This was a manifest proof of the truth that the system of the universe was neither eternal nor immortal, it could be disrupted.

This incident indicated that huge stars and planets could split asunder, disintegrate, collide with each other, and everything that had been described in the Qur'an on the Resurrection could happen. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) invited the people's attention to this event only with this object in view and asked them to mark it and be a witness to it. But the disbelievers described it as a magical illusion and persisted in their denial.
Salam,
I dont need to remind you that scholars have thier views. One cannot dismiss the view of another just by saying it. Look more closely at what you wrote. You must not forget the depth of meaning that comes with the Quran. You must not also forget the purpose of the miracle itself. Not only did it uphold Muhammad(pbuh)'s prophethood but it showed (as you have written here at the end) that the Day of Resurrection [Yaum-ul-qiyamah] will definitely come. The arabs would deny this because it was such an odd and unnatural thing but the miracle showed that this was easy for Allah. So, both views can be combined i.e. it refers to the time when the miracle happened as well as indirectly pointing to a future event (i.e. Day of Resurrection) when all would be gone. This is pretty much what Maududi wrote in his explanation of this verse and this is what you have written at the end of your post as well.
That is my complete understanding of the verse. I think we can agree on this.
Inshallah i will speak in future of Vajradhara & robocombot's certainty that this event must have been seen by many others. I will be writing again inshallah.
and Allah knows best.

Salaam Friend,

thank you for the post.

Friend said:
Salaam
You are right,but may be some one keep it secret , or you didn't made search well....

of course, there is always the chance that my own research was sloppy, we can't overlook that :)

i find it quite difficult to believe that people would have kept something like this secret. the ancient tribes have stories about Tsunamis, as we know from the past events, there is no chance, in my view, that they would not have noted the moon splitting.

if it didn't exist ...why they give these specific details?...

well, that's a good question, isn't it? it would suspect that it is for the same reason that copious details are given when the apolegetic of trying to show that Muhammad (pbuh) was actually Maitreya.

they can give general information to prevent people like you from searching to the truth about this event .
oh... i thought the idea by providing corresponding information was to corroborate the story, not to put off people like myself from searching for the truth of the event.

interesting idea there, friend.

Thank you for your information .....I'm very interested to know that you went to search about these information....know I'm searching in another direction about the site of the grave in Oman ..

There are another information about this event ...traders men came from Al Sham (Syria ,Jordan, Lebnanon,and Palistaine ) they said to the people of Makka that they saw this event .
great! i can't wait to read what you find.

thipps said:
Inshallah i will speak in future of Vajradhara & robocombot's certainty that this event must have been seen by many others. I will be writing again inshallah.
and Allah knows best.
Salaam thipps,

actually, i understand that this story in Al Qur'an was meant to be a demonstration to the local people of Allahs' power... i have even had it explained to me that what was witnessessed wasn't a physical splitting of the moon, which would have played havoc with the tidal system around the world, rather it was more of an optical illusion type of thing.

there is a specific Arabic word that i was told... however, age has dulled my memory and i've forgotten... nevertheless, i should just say that i don't mean any of my posts in a derogatory manner.

Vajradhara said:
wasn't a physical splitting of the moon, which would have played havoc with the tidal system around the world
God could overcome these things, if the event did happen. That is not my objection.

My objection is that it was not recorded by people worldwide.

Friend said:
Salaamu Alyckum

Thank you for your comment .and Allah know best ..
What is your comments about these two verses of Al Quraan

"Corruption has appeared in the land and the sea on account of what the hands of men have wrought, that He may make them taste a part of that which they have done, so that they may return." 030.041

"...And We sent down iron in which is mighty harm, as well as many benefits for mankind..." 57:25]
Salam,
A woman asked Dr.Zakir Naik about verse 57:25 during the Q & A session of his lecture entitled "QUR’AN AND MODERN SCIENCE – Conflict or Conciliation?" and he answered as follows:
The Verse that sister is referring to is in Surah Hadid, Ch. 57, which means ‘Iron’, Verse 25, which says that… ‘Allah has sent down Iron , in which there is material for war and various benefits for the human being’. The Arabic word used for ‘send down’…. is ‘Anzala.’ - It means…‘to send down’. Now ‘Anzala’ can be looked at in two different ways. One way is… ‘Allah has sent down’ - ‘Allah has revealed’… So Allah has revealed that in ‘Iron’ there is a lot of use and material for mighty war , as well as benefits for human kind. Allah has revealed this - that in ‘Iron’ there is material for war and various benefits And we know today that iron is one of the most important metals we know of - from it we get ‘Steel’. And Steel and Iron is used for making instruments of war, like weapons swords, spears, guns, etc. It’s even used for making instruments of peace , like brick layer, instruments of an engineer, instruments of an architect, knife, fork, spoon, etc. So if you read the first meaning, it says that… ‘Allah has revealed that in Iron there is various benefits and material for mighty war’. The other way, if you take it literally, that… ‘Iron has been sent down… been sent down from Heaven’. This verse was shown to Professor Armstrong… that what you have to comment on Surah Hadid, Ch. 57, Verse No. 25, which says that… ‘Iron has been sent down from Heaven’. So he tells us that it is recently that the Scientists have come to know about the formation process of various elements. And they say that the energy required to make one Atom of Iron, it is so enormous that the energy of the whole Solar System is not sufficient. And a calculation was made that energy four times that of the Solar System is made to produce one atom of Iron. Means, the energy of the Moon, the Stars, the Sun all this energy… if we take of the planets, etc. only the planets of the Solar System and the Sun and the Moon, it will not be sufficient to produced one Atom of Iron. Scientists today tell us that iron is an extra terrestrial metal, which is confirming the Qur’anic Ayat… if you take it literally, that Iron has been sent down from the Heaven.
Hope that answers your question.
Regarding 30:41, I have to check one thing, and then will relate to you what I found.
And Allah knows best.

thipps said:
[/left]
Scientists today tell us that iron is an extra terrestrial metal, which is confirming the Qur’anic Ayat… if you take it literally, that Iron has been sent down from the Heaven.
Salaam Thipps,

do you have a peer reviewed source for this claim?

Vajradhara said:
Salaam Thipps,

do you have a peer reviewed source for this claim?
Salaamu Alyckum

Forgive me because this question wasn't for me ,I want to answer about it because I searched information about this and I want to share it with you

notice that the in Noble Verse 57:25 above, Allah Almighty says clearly "We sent down iron...." and He didn't say "We created iron from earth...." Allah Almighty's claim was very accurate and precise. "We sent down iron....." clearly states that iron was created outside the earth and was brought down by the Will of Allah Almighty for a purpose, and that is "(material for) Mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind, that Allah may test who it is that will help, unseen, Him and His messengers: For Allah is Full of strength, exalted in Might (And able to enforce His Will). (The Noble Quran, 57:25)"

In surat al7adid Allah Almighty mentions the word iron (al7adid) in the verse 25 and this sura's number is 57..if you summed these number up you will have 82 which is the same result that you would get from summing up iron's atomic number 26 and it mass number (55.845 approximately 56). The word al7adid appears in the verse 25 approximately in the middle of that verse. If you divided 24.5/29(the number of verses in that surah) you will get 0.844827586207 which agrees with the recently discovered iron's mass number up to three significant digits ! can this be just a couensedense or its another sign of a miracle?????

For farther information about that you can visit these site:

Salaam Friend,

thank you for the response... no worries... i'm sure that thipps is busy like we all are :)

whilst i appreciate the response, it does not adequately address my query of asking for a scientifically peer reviewed source for the claim that iron is not a naturally occuring element that is found natively on earth and could only come from an extra-terrestial source.

of course, iron is found in places other than earth as well.. as the comets, meteors and other falling objects have demonstrated.

assuming, for the sake of argument that what you report is correct, how do you reconcile the liquid iron center of the earth with the fact that iron isn't naturally occuring here?

Back