The Fertile Cresent Babylon

Basstian

In Search
Reaction score
I want to get some other views on this subject with no politics involved.

There is a chunk of land in this world that seems to have always from the beginning of creation played a huge role in the Bible.
The Garden of eden was said to be here.
The deluge or great flood.
The Tower of Babel.
The Birthplace of Abraham.
The empire of Babylon.

Revelations speaks of Babylon again in prophecy. I had like many others took this in a spiritual light as a symbol. Not as the real location.
But all the great minds who have preached this symbolic babylon I am thinking looked at the land we see today the sand and kind of barren looking landscape and dismissed the idea that the worlds attention would ever be turned towards this area again.

I dont want to discuss the war or any of the current events in Iraq but would sure love to see how others are looking at what is going on in this area from a biblical view.

Some of the Biggest events in mans History have generated from this geographical location time after time.

Everytime the Bible has said Babylon in the past it has been the real location could it still be?

I believe I heard one time that Sadam said he was Nebuchadnezzar reincarnated.

That seems to be true he had it imprinted on the bricks used for rebuilding Babylon ( was going to be a museum or something)

Have seen a picture I think he was trying to recreate the hanging gardens.

yes. I see the same thing you are speaking of. I did a huge research on this and the garden of eden, but it is locked up on a PC with a dead hard drive.

I believe they went eastward from the garden and it puts them right into that area. the big battle of the Lord goes down there. I really dont see how people can be so blind to it all today.

Ok how about this does it seem to be in cycles like maybe a time frame or something like every 2000 years or so ?

I dont want to step into an area where we are trying to predict anything but rather look at what we do know.

Basstian said:
Ok how about this does it seem to be in cycles like maybe a time frame or something like every 2000 years or so ?

I dont want to step into an area where we are trying to predict anything but rather look at what we do know.
i think there is a location and i also think it is symbolic. I am not sure how often but i think more often than 2000 years. unless you are talking about the magor points in the timelines?
babylon went right to work right after the flood.

i am not sure but i think even the city called ADAM is right around there too.

it has been awhile since I have down this, so dont count me correct on everything.
lets check a couple of websites and see over a couple of days.

Bandit said:
yes. I see the same thing you are speaking of. I did a huge research on this and the garden of eden, but it is locked up on a PC with a dead hard drive.

I believe they went eastward from the garden and it puts them right into that area. the big battle of the Lord goes down there. I really dont see how people can be so blind to it all today.
Remember they lived in the days of Peleg so before the earth separated the Garden of Eden could actually be in North Ameriaca.

I think the geographic markers are still in place the tigris and euphrates havent moved that much the city of UR was found Aarrat hasnt moved.

hmmmm, well i dont think it could be North America because it gives the direction of babylon and that whole arab region and that would be a long way to walk even if it was connected then.LOL
i dont think we will ever know for sure. sometimes it seems like a garden in a different dimension yet real, kind of like the New Jerusalem.

dunno

but it is still interesting to research

Basstian said:
I think the geographic markers are still in place the tigris and euphrates havent moved that much the city of UR was found Aarrat hasnt moved.

right right. all that stuff is given...so it is pretty close;)

here is a neat site with some maps. the neatest thing whenever i have looked at it is it seems like it would be right there in Israel close to the temple. There is a spring called Gihon there. it is just a guess you know.

hope you all like the site.
http://www.kjvbible.org/rivers_of_the_garden_of_eden.html

meregionmapriverovertrace.gif

Bandit said:
here is a neat site with some maps. the neatest thing whenever i have looked at it is it seems like it would be right there in Israel close to the temple. There is a spring called Gihon there. it is just a guess you know.

hope you all like the site.
http://www.kjvbible.org/rivers_of_the_garden_of_eden.html
Well the foundation stones of the City of Babylon have been found (they say) about 40 klicks south of Bahgdad. And we know that the Tigris river (I think) has shifted from its original river bed. And Ironically, archeologist have identified what they think are the foundations of Jericho, as well as what is left of Sodom and Gohmorra...hmmm

v/r

Q

Just an interesting note on adam, in the hebrew adam means both "man" and "earth".

In english "humility" comes from "humus", meaning "earth"

didymus said:
Just an interesting note on adam, in the hebrew adam means both "man" and "earth".

In english "humility" comes from "humus", meaning "earth"
Oh,,, oh,,,, oh, LOL, you have no idea how much I wanted to play with that Did. But I must be serious...:D

Wait 'till next time, when you least expect it.

vv/r

Q

Kindest Regards, all!

Ah, a subject near to my heart!

The fertile crescent is acknowledged by archeology as the birthplace of modern human civilization. It was here that many of the technologies that humans now take for granted began: walled cities (for defense), war as an art, agriculture, the wheel, pottery, textiles, writing, mathematics, astronomy/astrology, and codified law. Even formalized religion seems to have gotten a huge boost from developments in this region. All this, before even taking Biblical accounts into consideration!

The impact of this place at that era is huge, we would all likely still be living in caves if it were not for these developments. So it is no wonder to me this place holds such significance for us spiritually, mentally and physically.

As for prophetic significance, a lot remains to be seen. I did have a professor about a year ago who was convinced that the oil fields in the south around Basra would be set alight during the war at the end of this era (ushering in the millenial age). He backed his postion with quotes from the Old Testament prophets which I neglected to commit to memory. Of course, he was a little, (how to say it politely...;) ) ummm, different from the rest of my profs. So I don't exactly hold his view as Gospel. But interesting just the same.

I might add, when considering Babylon, there are two significant periods historically. The era of the birth of civilization took place in Sumeria. The Classical Babylon of Nebuchadnezzor and Daniel was a different era, a couple of thousand years later, but the same geographic area.

Hope this helps for a brief foundation to build on. :)

Basstian said:
Everytime the Bible has said Babylon in the past it has been the real location could it still be?
Babylon was certainly a powerful influence in the region during the formative stages of Jewish civilisation, so no wonder it had a strong impact on Jewish consciousness - just as here in the UK, 1,600 years after the Romans officially left, it still forms a core part of our national identity and culture.

I said:
Babylon was certainly a powerful influence in the region during the formative stages of Jewish civilisation, so no wonder it had a strong impact on Jewish consciousness - just as here in the UK, 1,600 years after the Romans officially left, it still forms a core part of our national identity and culture.
yes, I am seeing this too. the influence of Babylon and that of Rome even just 1600 years ago is still there and it is totally different than what it is like here in the Americas. It's strange to me sometimes.

What did I say?
Humm I think you said that Babylon foundations had been found :)

I once was told the amount of oil in the region also supports a flood type story. As oil is a direct result of carbon life forms breaking down under preasure. It would seem to indicate a large jungle or even popultation in this area pre-flood.

Back