o~Death~o

Postmaster

Reaction score
Are we the only animals who understand our mortality?

My philosophy is that inevitably every single great accomplishment a human does is because of his knowledge of death.

This is why we are different from animals, what a pain staking burden to carry if you have knowledge of your inevitable demise. Maybe this why we are so different?

Doesn’t knowledge of death fuel religion? All Religion does is prepare us for death by showing us a path. I think this is a fundamental to every single religion on this planet.

Scientifically it also makes sense, if we have knowledge of our inevitable demise, then this is what drives humans to such remarkable lengths and invention.

I believe humans pay a high price for there existence, we understand consequence on a much higher level then animals and that is a massive strain on our lives compared to say a cheerful dog that probably cannot even grasp the concept of death.

For me, life is more about breeding and eating, I believe that human life evolves around death and thats what drives sex. Maybe this is what drives the whole of nature. Maybe it's not all about sex after all!

I'm sure Darwin wouldn't agree with me :D This would also explain the phenomenon of Religion and philosophy, astrogology, sacrifice and charity.

Just some different thinking, I think Darwin’s view is 2D and corrupts free thinking.

Postmaster said:
Are we the only animals who understand our mortality?

My philosophy is that inevitably every single great accomplishment a human does is because of his knowledge of death.

This is why we are different from animals, what a pain staking burden to carry if you have knowledge of your inevitable demise. Maybe this why we are so different?

Doesn’t knowledge of death fuel religion? All Religion does is prepare us for death by showing us a path. I think this is a fundamental to every single religion on this planet.

Scientifically it also makes sense, if we have knowledge of our inevitable demise, then this is what drives humans to such remarkable lengths and invention.

I believe humans pay a high price for there existence, we understand consequence on a much higher level then animals and that is a massive strain on our lives compared to say a cheerful dog that probably cannot even grasp the concept of death.

For me, life is more about breeding and eating, I believe that human life evolves around death and thats what drives sex. Maybe this is what drives the whole of nature. Maybe it's not all about sex after all!

I'm sure Darwin wouldn't agree with me :D This would also explain the phenomenon of Religion and philosophy, astrogology, sacrifice and charity.

Just some different thinking, I think Darwin’s view is 2D and corrupts free thinking.

Good evening Post Master. ;) I think your first question should be answered thus: Humans seem to be the only animals that contemplate their own death. Others may perceive it, but never before hand (before it is upon them). Not going to Service tonight? Me either. It is Palsm Sunday...;)

The Jewish faith (I've been told over and over again) lives on in their children, and childrens' children. I think Christians have taken a piece of that and held it for their own. I die, but wish my children to carry on my name and my beliefs. I hope and pray they find faith, just like me.

In the mean time, I strive to make a mark for myself on this earth, and hope my children do the same, in their time. (perchance for good...).

Is this what you mean?

If not, I apologize.

v/r

Q

I'm beginning to see that life is driven by death and not sex.

It’s more of scientific approach to explain human actions and I feel gives weight to religion, almost all humans will question God and death. Maybe this is what the whole of nature is powered on. Maybe the more you understand of your dimise on a more consious level the greater you achive but at the same time its a greater burden to carry the more you understand it.

I wonder if anyone else has grasped this idea.

Dear PM

I love you, hugs!

Well yes Christianity as been based on death and suffering and we witness that affirmation in nearly every church.

"When the crucifix is removed from earth so will all the pain and suffering be removed from earth". I add that the cross is fine.

But Jesus said when one knows how to suffer one also knows how not to suffer. Jesus came to teach us LIFE through the LIGHT of LOVE not death but yet this seems to have got lost along the line......

Sex is different from making love and celebrating creation.

Life isn't about sex and death unless you choose it, it can be about engaging with the cosmic adventure of experience and finding out the meaning of life and your reason for being. Why are you here? Every unique individual as a divine soul purpose.

Death can also be a celebration of recreation if one views it that way.

LEAVING OUR HOUSE

We leave the physical realm when our lease runs out and it is time for us to create something new.

As we leave our temple shrine, we bring together all that was,
all that is and all that there could ever be.

We accept the pathways that we walked,
the talk and the service that we did provide.

Now reunited with the Godhead once again
coming into full bloom like the power of the full moon.

Let us pray for the magic to begin,
another time, another place
a different dimension from the one that we
once knew.

May peace be with you

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

Postmaster said:
I'm beginning to see that life is driven by death and not sex.

It’s more of scientific approach to explain human actions and I feel gives weight to religion, almost all humans will question God and death. Maybe this is what the whole of nature is powered on. Maybe the more you understand of your dimise on a more consious level the greater you achive but at the same time its a greater burden to carry the more you understand it.

I wonder if anyone else has grasped this idea.

Every damn day I am alive. Don't be surprised. You'll find alot of us thinking the same way here. We all sooner or later must come to grips with the fact that we, die. Great thing is once we get over it, we live pretty nicely (we tend to do good things, mostly) :D

Nothing wrong with whoopii either. Just in Christian living, it belongs between mates, and whooooo weee! that can be fun! , oh, sorry, ahem, won't happen again, I promise, just got a little overzealous...get me point ? ;) :D :D

Life is driven by life there Postmaster. Death is a parked car.

v/r

Q

Did Jesus not teach us that the soul lives on and that there is no death in multi-dimensional reality? Interesting the NIV and the Qu'ran mentions dimensions.

For me Jesus appearing in Spirit was the proof of eternal life and the immortality of the soul.

It is only our perception and definition of death that determines our views.

Fear of death creates death and so as Q says Life creates Life.

And as fear is the opposite to love one can also appreciate why love was so important in the teachings of Jesus.

being love

kim xx

Sacredstar said:
Did Jesus not teach us that the soul lives on and that there is no death in multi-dimensional reality? Interesting the NIV and the Qu'ran mentions dimensions.

For me Jesus appearing in Spirit was the proof of eternal life and the immortality of the soul.

It is only our perception and definition of death that determines our views.

Fear of death creates death and so as Q says Life creates Life.

And as fear is the opposite to love one can also appreciate why love was so important in the teachings of Jesus.

being love

kim xx
Dear Sacred,

Everything you said, I agree with, except fear and love. I think the opposite of love is indifference. I think hate and love are bed fellows, and fear is a base instinct in emotional terms.

Love is not base, nor instinctual, therefore my reasoning...

v/r

Q

Dear Q

Quahom1 said:
Everything you said, I agree with, except fear and love. I think the opposite of love is indifference. I think hate and love are bed fellows, and fear is a base instinct in emotional terms. Love is not base, nor instinctual, therefore my reasoning...Q

Well all views are relevant and your reality my reality is a little different.
For me the opposite of love is anti-love and fear is anti-love but yet there are different levels of love and fear depending on what reality we are defining.

e.g. base love is sex the highest form of supreme love is divine love.

Fear as a sensory warning/intution/gut reaction comes from the soul, fearful reactions of hostility are base. E.g. False Evidence Appearing Real

I agree hate would fit with anti-love and unforgiveness.

For example 'Fear melts in the arms of love' just like when a child as a nightmare and you hold them close and they release their fear.

"Forgiveness is an act of compassion
for self, for you are the only one
that is truly harmed by unforgiveness.
A giving heart,
Is a forgiving heart.
The heart is for giving."

Fear is often the cause of anger and anger is the biggest predictor of heart disease and so where do we find love but in the heart.

www.brucelipton as discovered that the cells can only go in one of two directions at the same time fear or love.

Is not indifference more aligned with non-attachment, non-action and Grace? Or could it be denial and what resists persists?

being love

Kim xx

What Postmaster says is probably true for some people, particularly as they grow older. Look how churches, which should be all about life, get filled up with monuments to dead people. And for many, all Christianity is, is a sort of perpetual life assurance policy. I honestly wish Jesus had said "This is all there is folks, make the most of it". Then perhaps we would have a church more committed to celebrating the life we have now, and less obsessed with what might happen later.

Yes life of the living celebration

The truth is clearly there PM in the New Testament concerning our life in Christ. This life is described as a blessing; more specifically, it's described as a blessing of abundance and of rest. Jesus said, "I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly" (John 10:10). Paul wrote, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ" (Eph 1:3). Our life in Christ can be compared to a land overflowing with milk and honey, overflowing with God's goodness, mercy, love and grace. It's a land that is designed to be fruitful overflowing with the fruits of the Spirit. And not only do we have abundance, we have rest. Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and You shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and My load is light" (Matt 11:28-30).

Life can be as sweet as we allow it to be.

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

Yes, Yes, Postmaster. Hot subject. Here I go... :D

For the itsy bitsy bit that I can say, we are a sack of nerve endings. Sex is not love. We can display love through sexual activity. The young man that wants to make out with the girl (and vise versa) is tingly all over and wants to satisfy the tingles. We get our first lesson of this kind of love when the tingles are uncontrolled and your source of satisfaction has abandoned you. :D
Then we are back to the drawing board, questioning the meaning of life because no one is explaining these tingles to our satisfaction. Everything becomes a mystery. So if everything in life is questioned, questioning will eventually come to the matter of death. Doors opening up to paths and paths leading to other doors. What we are conditioned to understand about these matters revolve around how we feel about ourselves.

Exactly ;)

We live to simply to die, you see we are all going to die one day no matter what happens it doesn't really matter when, we have been dieing from the day we were born ;).. But what really matters is how we die. And that is the meaning of life to me at present. Life is nothing but a dream and just as a dream it's not true relality, yet we feel the negative feelings and we feel the positive feelings as if they were real. There is an even greater level of reality we will go to.

Postmaster said:
Exactly ;)

We live to simply to die, you see we are all going to die one day no matter what happens it doesn't really matter when, we have been dieing from the day we were born ;).. But what really matters is how we die. And that is the meaning of life to me at present. Life is nothing but a dream and just as a dream it's not true relality, yet we feel the negative feelings and we feel the positive feelings as if they were real. There is an even greater level of reality we will go to.
I will not dispute your philosophy there PM, however, it is not mine. It does not matter, how we die, but rather how we live (my opinion). History shows, and is quite apparent as I write this, that dreamers with zeal, zest, and a will to live, turn their dreams into reality (which we often take for granted). Reality is here and now. Everytime you touch your keyboard, you are touching what once was just a dream, and the screen you are looking at? Once, just a dream. You are across the planet earth, yet you are reading what I send you in an instant (another dream, made real).

The reality of a situation...now that may not correlate with the feelings of emotion at a particular time (which could be construed as a dream, or nightmare), that I agree with whole heartedly!

Whether we are in pain, or elated, that too shall pass...;)

Hope you're doing better there ship mate.

v/r

Q

That’s exactly how you think when you are in a dream, you think it's reality, you only discover you were dreaming until you wake up :) I believe life is the best form of reality we have and that we should live it as it's full. However I do believe there is greater reality that I can not grasp and that some humans are closer to it and others further away. :)

I'd like to add that once I had such a clear dream that when I woke up I couldn't distinguish it between a dream or something I had really did. During that day my dream had actually took place for real, so much so that I was even expecting after events to occur. That was the first time I realised that even time itself was an illusion in some sense.

Postmaster said:
I'd like to add that once I had such a clear dream that when I woke up I couldn't distinguish it between a dream or something I had really did. During that day my dream had actually took place for real, so much so that I was even expecting after events to occur. That was the first time I realised that even time itself was an illusion in some sense.
Ah, time...an illusion, on that we both agree solidly! Time is an illusion.

Life is not, however, I pray we not waste it. Read Ecclesiastes, Postmaster. After, reflect on what is said at the end. You might take solace in the fact that life is not a dream.;)

v/r

Q

Postmaster said:
Exactly ;)

The mind is so powerful, that it can create something from absolute nothingness. Your hands can not take air and make clay, but your mind can create a thought from a void. From that thought your hands can make clay.

Dreams are the essence of all man's creations. Dreams become reality when will is empowered. The vibration to the hand and precise control determines whether the manifestation of the dream produces good or bad results. We must be careful what we create. We must be able to look upon the manifestation of the power of our minds with great joy and victory and assurance of the abundance of life. That is the satisfaction of life. That is what makes us stable in the reality we understand at this time.

truthseeker said:
Dreams are the essence of all man's creations. Dreams become reality when will is empowered. The vibration to the hand and precise control determines whether the manifestation of the dream produces good or bad results. We must be careful what we create. We must be able to look upon the manifestation of the power of our minds with great joy and victory and assurance of the abundance of life. That is the satisfaction of life. That is what makes us stable in the reality we understand at this time.
This reminded me of the poem "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaughnessy:

WE are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

With wonderful deathless ditties
We build up the world's great cities,
And out of a fabulous story