Cars & Trucks

B

Bandit

What kind of car do you drive?

and do you have a favorite car?

right now I have a 96 CV police interceptor, yes it does 139 mph top speed and smokes the crap out of the tires.

2001 black convertible corvette with a top speed of...not sure. I know at least 160MPH. LOL

and i have a 96 Chevy Tahoe. black on tan leather.

my favorite all time car is a 69 Chevy Chevelle SS. I owned 3 of these in the past except one of them was a 71.

When my husand says it's time to get a new car, the first thing I ask is: what's the gas mileage like? The second question I ask is: what color? He wants to put me in a minivan but I am happy with my station wagon. The moms in my suburbia world all drive minivans or HUGE SUVs and sometimes I get frustrated because it is so hard to see around them. Anyway, I think his plan is for me to have a minivan so he can have a truck.

I'm waiting for the hybrids to get affordable. :)

lunamoth

PS My first car was a silver mustang but that was during the ugly model years.

lunamoth said:
When my husand says it's time to get a new car, the first thing I ask is: what's the gas mileage like? The second question I ask is: what color? He wants to put me in a minivan but I am happy with my station wagon. The moms in my suburbia world all drive minivans or HUGE SUVs and sometimes I get frustrated because it is so hard to see around them. Anyway, I think his plan is for me to have a minivan so he can have a truck.

I'm waiting for the hybrids to get affordable. :)

lunamoth

PS My first car was a silver mustang but that was during the ugly model years.
minivan-YUKKO

you should get another mustang. the saleen is a good car V6 and it gets good mileage. I have never owned a stang yet, but this is the last summer for my vette because I know gas prices are not going to come back down under $2 a gallon and it is too costly of a payment with gas going so high.

so...i am looking at either a mustang or transam. i just DO NOT want the ls1, that is for sure.

You could always get a Hummer Lunamoth:D

I drive an old, hand-me-down, green caravan with stickers on it from when my mom used to drive my sister around. When it dies I hope to get a used hybrid of some kind.

My parents drive a PT Cruiser with wooden doors. Its so ugly its cute...:D

My car is in the States. It's a black Cavalier I plan on keeping till I'm an old geezer (yeah, I'm a cheapskate).

I drive a VW Passat V6. Black with tan leather seats. Wood grain dash with the blue lighting. Bose Speakers.

I love Roadsters, old and young, from the Kharmann Ghia to the Lexus SC 430. However, my favorite car is the BMW 745. I hope to own this car one day: Navy blue, or silver with mirror tint on the windows, black leather seats, and the smell of lavender arising each time you sit down for a ride up the coast.

I'm not a big SUV fan, but I have to admit that the HUMMER really does appeal to me in some way.

dauer said:
I drive an old, hand-me-down, green caravan with stickers on it from when my mom used to drive my sister around. When it dies I hope to get a used hybrid of some kind.
that is cool. but you have to take the stickers off the caravan, unless one is a real neat decal.

KnightoftheRose said:
My parents drive a PT Cruiser with wooden doors. Its so ugly its cute...:D

My car is in the States. It's a black Cavalier I plan on keeping till I'm an old geezer (yeah, I'm a cheapskate).
i am no t real crazy about the retro/modern look. but i do like the PT Cruiser it reminds of the twenties and the mob. I think that came out right around the same time they remade the VW Bug.
Cavalier would be a cool ride. Bet it would be pretty easy to make mods for.

Kaldayen said:
I ride in some bus and subway :rolleyes: I don't know in which year they were built hehe
___
Kal
busses are cool too, especially if you drive it like the one in Speed with Sandra:)

truthseeker said:
I drive a VW Passat V6. Black with tan leather seats. Wood grain dash with the blue lighting. Bose Speakers.

I love Roadsters, old and young, from the Kharmann Ghia to the Lexus SC 430. However, my favorite car is the BMW 745. I hope to own this car one day: Navy blue, or silver with mirror tint on the windows, black leather seats, and the smell of lavender arising each time you sit down for a ride up the coast.

I'm not a big SUV fan, but I have to admit that the HUMMER really does appeal to me in some way.
you know what truck i would really like is a Lincoln Navigator;)

VW sure has some nice cars out TruthSeeker.
I love roadsters too. One of my favorites in a 57 T Bird...back when they knew how to make a T Bird;)
you could get it in convertible or removable top.
i think 2 seaters are the only cars that look good to me with no top.

img001.jpg

Kaldayen said:
I ride in some bus and subway :rolleyes: I don't know in which year they were built hehe

same here! that or i walk. but i'm thinking of getting myself some wheels this summer, just to have the option of long-distance travel (without going through greyhound!).

Bandit said:
that is cool. but you have to take the stickers off the caravan, unless one is a real neat decal.

No, just sparkley star stickers and things of that nature, stuck on the window next to the middle seat. When I got the car I placed a KoRn sticker on the bumper so it wouldn't be so soccer mommish. Of course by that time I had already lost interest in KoRn.

Hi,
It's a silver CRV.
I live in a forest along an off road track, silver cars dont show the mud like some. And when its washed, its from natural spring water from the well.
Got a new car sticker. It says - Miracles Happen - but been waiting a long time now to be sure. Hmmmmmm maybe its trying to tell me something!

Sounds cool, Ciel. I used to live in the woods and I loved it, except I did get lonely sometimes. And it was hard to grow vegetables. At the time I had a little black Civic sedan and it had a hard time in the winter getting up our driveway. The farmers next door had a great time watching me get stuck, and then came over with their tractor and chains. After that I got a nice Subaru, which will get you there snow or no snow, and now we've moved to Suburbia. Oh well. It's nice here too in its own way.

Its very cool at present lunamoth and shrouded in mist, though there's a warm log fire burning brightly. Had the drive retextured last year and now its more fertile than the vegetable patch its true. But sweet chamomile under foot or wheels releases sweet pungency.

Bandit said:
I love roadsters too. One of my favorites in a 57 T Bird...back when they knew how to make a T Bird;)
you could get it in convertible or removable top.
i think 2 seaters are the only cars that look good to me with no top.

img001.jpg
You are so right, Bandit. Two seaters are the only cars that look right with no top. This car is beautiful. The T Bird roadsters that they put out a couple of years ago are nice - I assumed they were trying to get back to the old style - removable hard top and everything. The old models had such class. This car is beautiful, man.

OH MAN!

OK, for Christmas and graduation I traded my Daewoo Wagon for a brand new 04 Nissan pickup (the small one). Had another Nissan p-up bought new in 88, and got 300 thousand miles before I traded it on the Daewoo. Daewoo went out of business about the time I bought, and the car began costing a lot more to upkeep than the p-up ever did. Best part, as a recent college grad they gave me a sweet deal! Love my truck!

Of cars I've had in the past, my favorites for fun to drive would be my first two, a 71 Toyota Celica, a screamin' little go-cart!, and a 62 Chrysler New Yorker that lit up like a jukebox at night.

While I love the little two seat roadsters, I would have to disagree about two doors "only" looking good topless. I love the old phaetons, especially from the 30's. Give me a Doosey any old time. Of course, the Lincoln Continental made a phaeton (4 door drop top with suicide doors in the rear) in the early 60's that looked pretty cool. Next after a 34 Duesenburg, my wish list would have to be a 70 Daytona Charger, and a 60 Thunderbird (4-seater), or an XKE Jaguar (hardtop!, that's one convertible I don't care for). I like most all of the old muscle cars from the late fifties through the early 70's. Anybody remember the Rambler Marlin? Used to have one, they're really cool looking, but I haven't even seen one on the online auto auctions.

There aren't a lot of newer cars I care for, they all looked the same for so long. The new Nissan Z roadster is pretty cool looking, but looks like a nightmare (read: $$$) to mechanic. The last two cars I really liked the looks of are the Cadillac Allante, and the Buick Reatta, both limited production and short lived. Oh, I forgot the new Cadillac "corvette" XLR, wouldn't mind one of those. Ah, maybe one day...

juantoo3 said:
OH MAN!

OK, for Christmas and graduation I traded my Daewoo Wagon for a brand new 04 Nissan pickup (the small one). Had another Nissan p-up bought new in 88, and got 300 thousand miles before I traded it on the Daewoo. Daewoo went out of business about the time I bought, and the car began costing a lot more to upkeep than the p-up ever did. Best part, as a recent college grad they gave me a sweet deal! Love my truck!

Of cars I've had in the past, my favorites for fun to drive would be my first two, a 71 Toyota Celica, a screamin' little go-cart!, and a 62 Chrysler New Yorker that lit up like a jukebox at night.

While I love the little two seat roadsters, I would have to disagree about two doors "only" looking good topless. I love the old phaetons, especially from the 30's. Give me a Doosey any old time. Of course, the Lincoln Continental made a phaeton (4 door drop top with suicide doors in the rear) in the early 60's that looked pretty cool. Next after a 34 Duesenburg, my wish list would have to be a 70 Daytona Charger, and a 60 Thunderbird (4-seater), or an XKE Jaguar (hardtop!, that's one convertible I don't care for). I like most all of the old muscle cars from the late fifties through the early 70's. Anybody remember the Rambler Marlin? Used to have one, they're really cool looking, but I haven't even seen one on the online auto auctions.

There aren't a lot of newer cars I care for, they all looked the same for so long. The new Nissan Z roadster is pretty cool looking, but looks like a nightmare (read: $$$) to mechanic. The last two cars I really liked the looks of are the Cadillac Allante, and the Buick Reatta, both limited production and short lived. Oh, I forgot the new Cadillac "corvette" XLR, wouldn't mind one of those. Ah, maybe one day...
that is me too. i love the old muscle from the 50s to 70s. I am hoping to retire with a Jaguar or Mercedes. :D yah right.
I am more a G body lover but I do love Camaro & Trans Am.

I had a town car for awhile too and that was a sweet ridin' pimp mobile (so to speak). Power everything and comfort... I loved it.
I want a dodge charger, red or orange..i got to ride in an original General Lee that was used in the show. That was a rush.:) :) :) Talk about lust & drool? LOL

I cannot remember Juantoo3, Was the Rambler AMC? about the same time as the Javelin...now that is a sweet car and you can still get parts.

I bet your 04 Nissan pickup is a blast too. I had a 92 Nissan 300ZX with TTops in florida and that was a great little fast car. Nissan makes a good ride.

I just cannot get used to the new model cars, except for a few like Mustang & Corvette and most of the F bodys are still looking nice. I will be glad when the retro/modern look is over. Seems like they are trying to sell the old car body style with a new idea & i dont think it is catching on with most of the cars they are trying to bring back. Not sure about the GTO, but reviews have the new TBird as a flop mostly due to being over priced.

Bandit said:
i got to ride in an original General Lee that was used in the show. That was a rush.:) :) :)
Oh man! I bet that was a blast!

Was the Rambler AMC? about the same time as the Javelin...now that is a sweet car and you can still get parts.
AMC was a merger of Rambler and Studebaker and Willys/Jeep. I like some of the old Javelins, especially the two seater.

I had a 92 Nissan 300ZX with TTops in florida and that was a great little fast car.
Gotta love them go-carts!

I will be glad when the retro/modern look is over.
I dont know...I kinda like the retro look. At least they are giving cars a style and character rather than everybody having the same old bubble with a different name tag.

Not sure about the GTO, but reviews have the new TBird as a flop mostly due to being over priced.
I really don't care for the new goat. I like the looks of the t-bird, but like you said, it is WAY overpriced. I hear it is discontinued. What about the Chevy SSR retro pickup with a folding hardtop? I like those pretty good. In a way it reminds me of the Ranchero/El Camino, which I always did like.

Have any particular favorite foreign cars or racers (cars, not drivers)?

Back