My Inter Faith Call to JIhad (Edited version)

amlhabibi2000

We are the Messiah....
Reaction score
Hi I would like to consult on my Inter Faith Call to an Education, Counseling, Consultation with Prayer and Living Prayer Jihad.

Basically I want to encourage the world that Islam is a way of life with basic principles that are common among all religions.

Islam the word means to submit to the will of Allah and thereforee it is something we all do so therefor we are all Muslims or those who submit to Allah all of us in degrees.

In the call to JIhad as I mentioned I want to encourage a common goal towards education , counseling and consultation amongs all peoples regardless of what religion we do or do not belong to.

There is more if interested you can email me at

aml_habibi@yahoo.ca

Salaam Anne Marie,

thank you for the post.

as this is a Comparative Religion site, you may be interested to know that we have several members here that do not have theistic religious traditions, i, for instance, do not have one.

as such, not all beings are in a state of Submission. generally speaking, i'm unaware of a religious path that does not purport to address all facets of mans life, to lesser or greater degrees and i know, for instance, that Islam does not address a facet of life that is important to me.

in any event, i agree with the overall theme of your post which seems to be concerned with education and understanding amongst the various religious groups in the world.

Hello amlhabibi2000,

A good idea to widen your goal of inter-faith connection would be to accept those who do not necessarily submit to Allah, but submit to religious tradition and/or becoming a better person, whether it be in any religion. You are on a good start, though.

PS. I'm from Halifax too!

Hi

Thank you for your responses.

Yes I am interested also in encouraging those with no religious ties as well.

Inter Faith here refers to all aspects of faith, with or without it.

How do you feel I might say it a little differently to attract everyone acrossed the board.

Maybe I could just say this is judgement day and judgement day begins in each moment. A moment to decide if you need help or can give help.

Your opinions welcome.

Nice to hear from a Halifax native...

Aml,

I think that what may be clouding your message for some is that you are speaking in such a heavily Muslim paradigm. If you wish to communicate with people about their concerns you have to speak from a shared paradigm. There's also a lot of stigma right now surrounding Islam and the word jihad. I think it's bold of you (in a good way) to reformulate this language but maybe it would work a little better if you offerered some context for what you're doing.

This organization might be an example of what you might try to acheive, if you look at their core vision:

http://www.tikkun.org/

While tikkun means healing or repair in Hebrew and there are some other Jewish concepts that appear on their site, they also aren't afraid to be inclusive and explicitly so. For example, a quote:

...in the tradition of the Jewish prophets and interpreters of Torah, In the spirit of Jesus and the early Christian communities of resistance to Rome, in the spirit of Muhammed, in the spirit of the activists of the labor & civil rights and feminist and gay rights movements...

Good luck with it.

Dauer

The reason I have a format with Islam is because I believe it will be Islam that brings us into the next Millenium.

But then you need to know what I mean by Islam at least my definitions.

If interested you may find a paper I wrote on the subject of the Renewal of Islam.

I think you may find it is inclusive as you will see....

http://groups.msn.com/TheRenewalofIslam/yourwebpage.msnw

aml,

If you're asking people to call themselves Muslims and suggesting that Islam as you have reshaped it is the religion for the future, then it's not really inclusive. It still demands that a person become a Muslim. What if a person doesn't want to be a Muslim? What if she wants to be a Hindu and has no interest in Islam at all? Why not affirm the peacable communities that exist without forcing the label of Islam onto them? Why is there a need for it all to be called Islam when your message is generic?

yeah, I mean you can share your Islamic beliefs and compare them to your reshaping religion, but labeling it all under Islam isn't gonna say much for non-muslims. Try giving a broader definition to your revitalizing message and you just might have something worthwhile for all...

Here is a brief portion of the paper, it may help you understand Islam the way I am intending it to mean not what you originally think it means.
The Islam I believe in is inclusive and everyone is welcomed under the umbrella of it, whether they be gay or not. People are welcomed regardless of whether they belong to a religion of not.
My understanding of Islam is different than most.
The Renewal of Islam
Bismillah
In the Name of God
Islam means to submit to the will of Allah, some call him by other names ie. Creator, God, Jehovah or by other names. To me I believe the meaning of the word Islam applies to us all and therefore we are all Muslims or "One who Submits to Allah or some call him God as the word Islam means to submit to the will of Allah (God).
We all do this in degrees some of us 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60% etc. but we all follow some basic tenants of Faith Building such as
1. prayer
2. Education
3. Consultation,
4. Giving in Charity
5. Making a pilgrimage to the world beginning with one of these; Self, Family, Community, Nation, World , Universe, the term for this is sometimes called Hajj and sometimes we visit places significant to Our Faiths and consider what positive change can we contribute to these or assistance we can provide to others on their or our journey to a place of no sorrow.
Islam (Submitting to the will of God) Allah has set Many Paths for return to us but the main one is submission to his will not necessarily to be confused with the will of man ie. Like leaving people to wonder in ignorance of healthier choices and coping strategies that can help us have a calm frame of mind and use it wisely . This by no means the end of any Spiritual Communities for all of them belong under the Umbrella of the Ummah ( Group) of Islam.
One might also call this process by another term like Faith as when a person in the community is faced with frustrations they will not be afraid to ask for help and this helps build Faith in ourselves and others especially if the information or knowledge shared is well researched and presented with dignity. Dignity is a key to end some of the anger and violence and allows for people to all share in the benefits of a healthier and wiser community and Nation.
I suggest we stop fighting and join together in a common Jihad (struggle of which self is the first level) and work together to solve the challenges with which we are faced daily on a Personal, Community and National level which translates into a Global development of a lasting Peace. For Allah did not mean submission by force or coercion but submission from understanding and knowledge and accepting our responsibilities in bring positive change and bringing about the Greatest Wonder of the World Peace within and within the World of all Beings Seen and Unseen and affirmations of Faith. This as I said is something we can all do as the Spiritual Community of a Nation and World. Each of us precious in the sight of God.

Hi there

Again , I should explain for all here ,Islam is fit for all times and places , and it doesn't need any Renewal , Just try to understand it well.....We have a heavenly command (not human perceptions )we must follow to be save .

ok then, why don't you 2 just come clean, this thread is about Islam and partially Abrahamic religions. So it won't include ANYONE else that disagrees with this type of theology. That would include Polytheists, Eastern Faiths, Mystics, and Others. Religion doesn't have to affirm to some prophets, Creator, or holy book at all in order to be peaceful, compassionate path. Learn to understand where everyone is coming from before you think Islam is this great world renewing peace for all times.

You will find that I answered that issue when I said all religions and people with no religion come under the umbrella of Islam as the word Islam refers to a state of being and not a religion.

Excerpt reads as follows....

The Renewal of Islam
Bismillah
In the Name of God
Islam means to submit to the will of Allah, some call him by other names ie. Creator, God, Jehovah or by other names.
To me I believe the meaning of the word Islam applies to us all and therefore we are all Muslims or "One who Submits to Allah or some call him God as the word Islam means to submit to the will of Allah (God).
We all do this in degrees some of us 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60% etc. but we all follow some basic tenants of Faith Building such as
1. prayer
2. Education
3. Consultation,
4. Giving in Charity
5. Making a pilgrimage to the world beginning with one of these; Self, Family, Community, Nation, World , Universe, the term for this is sometimes called Hajj and sometimes we visit places significant to Our Faiths and consider what positive change can we contribute to these or assistance we can provide to others on their or our journey to a place of no sorrow.
Islam (Submitting to the will of God) Allah has set Many Paths for return to us but the main one is submission to his will not necessarily to be confused with the will of man ie. Like leaving people to wonder in ignorance of healthier choices and coping strategies that can help us have a calm frame of mind and use it wisely .
This by no means the end of any Spiritual Communities for all of them belong under the Umbrella of the Ummah ( Group) of Islam.
One might also call this process by another term like Faith as when a person in the community is faced with frustrations they will not be afraid to ask for help and this helps build Faith in ourselves and others especially if the information or knowledge shared is well researched and presented with dignity. Dignity is a key to end some of the anger and violence and allows for people to all share in the benefits of a healthier and wiser community and Nation.
I suggest we stop fighting and join together in a common Jihad (struggle of which self is the first level) and work together to solve the challenges with which we are faced daily on a Personal, Community and National level which translates into a Global development of a lasting Peace. For Allah did not mean submission by force or coercion but submission from understanding and knowledge and accepting our responsibilities in bring positive change and bringing about the Greatest Wonder of the World Peace within and within the World of all Beings Seen and Unseen and affirmations of Faith. This as I said is something we can all do as the Spiritual Community of a Nation and World. Each of us precious in the sight of God.

I believe True Islam believes in everyone and everyone belongs to Allah/God/the Creator none are exempt.

True Islam recognises the right and freedom of everyone to choose their return path to Allah/God/The Creator.

True Islam accepts it is the right and freedom of a person to choose whom they will have as a sexual partner or spouse regardless of sexual preference as long as there is no one forcing it on anyone.

Do you think people will follow you?

Why not join something that already exists similar to what you are trying to create and help that spread its message instead of creating further division?

I guess the reason I have not joined one is because I have not found one that shares my beliefs in the same way.

I do not rule it out, I am still looking.

It is my hope that such a group might present themselves to me or that I might find this group that believes as I do.

Thank you for the ideas.

amlhabibi2000 said:
I guess the reason I have not joined one is because I have not found one that shares my beliefs in the same way.

I do not rule it out, I am still looking.

It is my hope that such a group might present themselves to me or that I might find this group that believes as I do.

Thank you for the ideas.

Hello, amlhabibi, welcome to CR!

Still trying to understand your objective. Are your hoping to start an Islamic reform movement or are you trying to organize an interfaith group? I agree that people of different religions should try to overcome the artificial barriers we set up between one another. Internet discussions such as you find here at CR are great as a start for understanding each other and providing a basis for friendships and discussion. To actually do something about world peace from a faith-based foundation I think the best thing to do is get involved at a local level in interfaith activities. If you live in a small town you might have to be the one to initiate it! There are a number of posters here who have experience in interfaith initiatives, even a few threads started if you are interested in joining the discussions.

peace,
lunamoth

I guess my objective is to encourage a new way of looking at Islam and religion in general and to bring everyone together on a common goal peace on earth and within each of us..

I also believe We are the Messiah, the Prophets....

see thread with same name.

At the moment I am working on getting my life in order then I believe everything will fall intpo place....

I will check out the threads you mentioned. Thank you

amlhabibi2000 said:
You will find that I answered that issue when I said all religions and people with no religion come under the umbrella of Islam as the word Islam refers to a state of being and not a religion.
I have to say I think this is a very narrow minded idea. You claim that everyone is part of Islam because it is the state of submission to God (Allah or whatever name you give him)

Have you ever considered that some people are not of the state of mind of submitting to God.

I do not submit to the will of God.

Having grown up in an enforced Christian background in which I was given no religious freedom and made to feel inferior by my family and teachers for rejecting it, I have just about had enough of Christians and Muslims who assume that everyone is just like them deep down. Jews never seem to act so egotistically, wonder why that is?

You seem to claim tolerance whilst imposing your Islamic ideals on the entire human populace.

Please understand that I am not talking about all Christians and Muslims here, just the those ones of the same mind as the individual who started this thread.

I think the world would be a much better place if religions would refrain from trying to convert people.

Interesting. Maybe even a bit shocking. But I admire the ambition to reach out in a wider range of understanding and incorporating the world. It's one thing to bring the world unto you and it is something else entirely to step out and accept the world. I wonder what provoked the change in thought process?

Back