Would you change your life ?

Friend

In the Name of God
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm always thinking about this question ....If we have the choice to return back in the time or in the history ,would we want to change our life ???...like Job ,education , attitudes ...or any thing we acted in the past .
about me ,if i have a chance ,I would like to change my study ...and my looking to the life .

Hi

I saw another thread here like this one , and i want to explain the difference between them i didn't mean return to live in the past ....but if you agree with your previous decisions which you took in the past .... Are you prefer to be another person ?.such as if you are doctor would you prefer to be teacher .....something like that.

i am pretty content with what i have done & learned in my life. sometimes i wish there was more time to actually learn & experience some different ways of life, such as being a doctor or lawyer.

so i would not want to change it, because i have really had a nice life & consider myself fortunate & blessed. Maybe add to it, like being an astronaut for awhile. I always wanted to be a pilot or professional car racer.

hmm... well... wait till this one is done... then i'll be able to tell you if i would change anything :)

thus far... i don't suppose that i would change anything... if i did.. then i wouldn't be the being that i am (seriously, though) today.

strangely.. i was sort of thinking the other night that all of my dreams from my childhood have been fulfilled. in fact, i'm still racking my brain to see if i had some other dreams as a kid that haven't panned out yet.

understand that some dreams are set aside becuase of the foolish nature of childhood.. honestly, when i was young i was the only person that looked like me where i lived... all i wanted when i "grew up" was a skin graft... so i could look like the "normal" people. this is a dream that i'm glad that i was able to put down, if you see my meaning.

Vajradhara said:
thus far... i don't suppose that i would change anything... if i did.. then i wouldn't be the being that i am (seriously, though) today.
What Vaj said. I've done some stupid, stupid, embarassing, bad things in my life, but the thing about each of them is that they were all very, very important for my development. Those extreme lows were catalysts for reaching amazing heights.

I wouldn't change my life. Absolutely not. Certainly there were times when I gladly would have. But not anymore. I can only be thankful for the times that I would've gladly changed as they happened, because without them, I would not perceive things the way I do now. I would not be the person I am.

Pathless said:
What Vaj said. I've done some stupid, stupid, embarassing, bad things in my life, but the thing about each of them is that they were all very, very important for my development. Those extreme lows were catalysts for reaching amazing heights.

I wouldn't change my life. Absolutely not. Certainly there were times when I gladly would have. But not anymore. I can only be thankful for the times that I would've gladly changed as they happened, because without them, I would not perceive things the way I do now. I would not be the person I am.
I know exactly what you mean.

I love exploring possibilities and life experiences - living life differently is always something I've played with, but sometimes it's worth just remembering to enjoy the moments now. Whether or not the grass looks greener on the other side, it's nice to appreciate looking at it from your own side. :)

No Way!!!! My Life rocks!! I've spent the whole thing following my heart and have been greatly rewarded. I aint perfect, and I've done some stupid things but It's all helped me get to where I am at this very moment. I find that a very beautiful and wondrous thing. Life rocks, but It's also kinda short....Looking forward to the teensy-itty-bitty-snippet of time that I have left...whatever that may be. Bring it on!
Peace!
H.

As already said by the majority, I wouldn't change a thing.

I'm always getting the "I'm sorry" and "I wish you didn't have to go through that" comments when I tell people about my past. At first, I'd just give them a very confused look, now I just tell them not to give me sympathy, though I thank them for the thoughts. If anything was different, how my 19 years have gone so far, I wouldn't be who I am today.

Call me an optimist, but I'm so used to things now, when a bad event is taking place, I immediately feel grateful for it, because I know, in the end, it's an opportunity for further growth.

I was forced to take a year out before university with Cancer, also my course of study turned out to be the wrong choice for me. BUT if I could go back and undo these things I would have missed out on the experience I had at uni and never would have met some of my best friends or the Love of my life.

Also I recently discovered that my mother's first pregrancy miscarried. As I am the youngest, if that tragedy had not happened, I probably would not have been born at all.

I would never change anything. Sometimes it is the worst times in our lives that shape us into the good people we are today. (assuming we are good people)

the question being in reality, would i change my family life for that of a life in a career? never. money is the root of all evil. now raising a family, there is no high like that in this world. nothing compares. it is just something amazing, to hold your children in your arms and then looking at your significant other and telling them you love them so much and will never leave them. no amount of money can buy that! today, go hug your family.

yeah, this reminds of a song i heard just recently, and it goes like this:
"livin' in a material world, cause i (you:rolleyes:) am a material girl! you know that we are livin' in a material world and i (you, again) am a material girl!" :Dlol

cause i made up my mind, iiiii'm keepin' my baby, ooooh i gonna keep my baby! lol. man did we derail the thread or what?

Back