about those cool aviatars

yeah4me

Reaction score
Is there a web site where you can look at the aviatars some are using? I especially like the one that "I, Brian" uses. (not that I would copy:rolleyes: )
Thanks for any help....

There's a standard set that you can pick from - click on User CP and then Change Avatar. I think you can also upload your own to use, and they've been found from lots of different places (mine was on a CBC site...). There's also a number of places where you can create your own "buddy icon" or such.

... Bruce

Just picked most of them up using Google search for avatars. :)

You can make your own, too. Just do a Google image search for what you want. Download it. Resize it to appropriate avatar size. Then upload it to one of the many free image hosting servers on the net and insert a link to it in your CR profile. It's that easy.

Hey,

Thanks for the help. I can't promise I will have one soon, but watch out, it's a work in progress!!:D

brucegdc said:
There's a standard set that you can pick from - click on User CP and then Change Avatar. I think you can also upload your own to use, and they've been found from lots of different places (mine was on a CBC site...). There's also a number of places where you can create your own "buddy icon" or such.

... Bruce

Are you a fellow Canuck, Bruce, or did you just like the Friendly Giant picture you're using for your avatar? (I'm a Canadian and grew up watching the Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup, and TVOntario kids' shows. And Rocket Robinhood and SpiderMan.)

Abogado said:
Then upload it to one of the many free image hosting servers on the net and insert a link to it in your CR profile.
You can also upload it on this site in the Avatar section of your Control Panel, thanks to Brian.

bgruagach said:
I'm a Canadian and grew up watching the Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup
Ohh.. Mr. Dressup thought me english :p
___
Kal

bgruagach said:
Are you a fellow Canuck, Bruce, or did you just like the Friendly Giant picture you're using for your avatar? (I'm a Canadian and grew up watching the Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup, and TVOntario kids' shows. And Rocket Robinhood and SpiderMan.)
It's my fault Bruce. We had supper together then I kind of teased him about being the Friendly Giant. Next thing you know, he is...:D And he's from Toronto.

Don't forget "Mr. Wizard"... , Keener 13, and CKLW (AM 800) on your radio dial...coming at you with 500,000 watts of pure energy. Could never figure out why their jingle included the "motor city" when it was based in Windsor...;) go figure.

Oh, raised in Lemington Ontario, as well as Detroit.

v/r

Q

Back