On the Jacuzzi Trail

okieinexile

Reaction score
On the Jacuzzi Trail

By Bobby Winters

When a couple marries, they do more than merge households and share space. They join family traditions as best they can. My wife’s family had a tradition of camping. It was something they did often, and she has many fond memories associated with it. Discussions of her childhood invariably gravitate to events that happened while camping.

Read the rest at

http://morningsun.net/stories/061405/lif_20050614010.shtml

Last edited:
okieinexile said:
...Two years later that night when the sun came up, it was time for breakfast. Dad made coffee for us after our hard night. He’d brought coffee from home. There was about three quarters of an inch in the bottom of a can. He filled the can with water and boiled it over the fire. I understand that some folks will put an egg in coffee when it is prepared this way in order to settle the grounds...
;) Egg shells, crushed in with once used coffee grounds, to take the bitterness out. It's called "hobo coffee". Only works in a pot or can that "perculates" over an external heat source. The coffee could be kept hot and "fresh tasting" for hours. Learned to make it real well in the late 60s/early 70s...

Floating an actual egg white in coffee...seems to me one would end up with "egg drop coffee" soup. :D

Good story.

v/r

Q

Back