A Pagan Prayer

Discussion in 'Pagan' started by WiccanWade, Aug 20, 2003.

1. danielle

danielle New Member

I really like your prayer , how true that we have preconceive idea of what a person is or should be, I have a nice quote that I try to follow "it is good to be important but it is more important to be good ", I live in New zealand and one of my friend and I just discover this web site if everybody is like you we certainly are going towards a better world

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Moderator

Zdrastvuitsye, hola, shalom, salaam, Dia dhuit, namastar ji, hej, ohayoo, squeak, meow, :wave:, danielle.

I agree with the people posting here concerning your prayer, WiccanWade, and I wonder how many people realize just how hard it is to follow the precepts of your piece. Heck, there are times I find it hard to follow them (yesterday, for example.)

bgruagach, I was reading your particular posting on witchgrotto, and I was reminded of an interesting "discussion" that another NZer (Cat Rowan) posted on the now-closed Mothers Magic/Breathless Noon forum (actually, it was a link to a "discussion" she was involved in on another forum.) If I recall the gist of it, she was being attacked for allowing Satanists and Voudoun practitioners into discussion groups, yet not allowing minors into these particular groups. I remember that the person who posted the "discussion" originally also posted a "discussion" concerning whether or not the killing of a virus was black magic (I still get a chuckle out of that one.) If you want, we can continue this discussion off-forum, okay?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

3. JJM

JJM New Member

I being Christian would have no problem praying this if Goddess was changed to God. It has many of the Essentials of a Christian prayer. And I think that many of the things it asks for are very much needed in this world. While I find your tactics somewhat deceitful I think it is a great way to open some minds and destroy the prodigies many Christians have in thinking that all other religions are animal sacrificing Satan worshipers.

4. Susma Rio Sep

Susma Rio Sep New Member

Wish and gripe list

It seems like a wish and gripe list.

But to be complete, address the prayer to all the powers that be up there or anywhere who can help, and appreciate some compliment.

Susma Rio Sep

5. Pagan-prophet

Pagan-prophet (Protect Computer)

I love you guys! :D