Judgement day

Salim Syed

Islamic Perspective
Reaction score
Peace be upon you,

I am curious to know (in summary please), what happens according to Christianity on Judgement day.

are there any detailed accounts of what will happen ? what are the conditions for entering paradise according to Christianty ?

thanks

Here is what the Bible says in Revelation 20

Satan Bound 1000 Years

Satan Bound; the Thousand-Year Reign; Final Judgment

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

The Saints Reign with Christ 1000 Years

4And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Satanic Rebellion Crushed

(A) 7Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Great White Throne Judgment

11Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[c] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[d] 15And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Salim Syed said:
Peace be upon you,

I am curious to know (in summary please), what happens according to Christianity on Judgement day.

are there any detailed accounts of what will happen ? what are the conditions for entering paradise according to Christianty ?

thanks
That appears to be a loaded question Salim. To hear the Christian answer might be a disappointment to you. To hear my answer, would most likely inflame the sensitivities of most Christians.

To stay neutral, I would say that we are all judged according to our lives. And but for the Grace of God we would all fall short of being worthy to be in the presence of the Almighty, let alone stay in His home.

But Grace is something that God has in infinite abundance, specially for those who try so hard to seek Him...;)

v/r

Q

Thanks , never really heard a Christian version in detail... obviously I know Christians believe you must accept Jesus as a saviour.

In Islam we also can not enter Paradise without accepting Jesus, as you can not be Muslim if you do not accept all the Prophets sent by God....

Thanks

Salim Syed said:
Thanks , never really heard a Christian version in detail... obviously I know Christians believe you must accept Jesus as a saviour.

In Islam we also can not enter Paradise without accepting Jesus, as you can not be Muslim if you do not accept all the Prophets sent by God....

Thanks
By the Way, I think your Avatar is impressive, and humbling.

v/r

Q

Thanks mynameisstephen...for your reply.

7Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Questions:

1) what is the beloved city ?
2) Who is the false prophet - is that the Anti-Christ ?

Salim Syed said:
Thanks mynameisstephen...for your reply.

7Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Questions:

1) what is the beloved city ?
2) Who is the false prophet - is that the Anti-Christ ?
Jeruselem is the beloved city.

The false prophet is as yet unknown. But what is known is that he/she announces the coming of the Anti-Christ, who deceives many of the faithful.

v/r

Q

from what i can see, there are two judgments. one being done right now on the body of Christ & they will not see the second one.

the second one is the one we do not want to be at, so it is best to be ready every day...in season & out of season.

looks like everyone covered it all pretty good to me. Glad I am not the judge.:)

Salim Syed said:

I believe that Christians use the phrase, "accept Jesus" too much. It sends the wrong message. It is much more than simply accepting, I can accept anything without believing in it.

Even demons believe God exists and that Jesus is the Christ, God's Son.
"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder." James 2:19

"Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ." Luke 4:41

Demons believed He was the Son of God, but they certainly don't gain access into heaven!

To me the term "accepting" is equal to believing He existed and taught us many things. What Christians really mean by saying "we must accept Jesus," is that we must make the decision whether or not we will allow Him to be the Lord of our lives.

We do this by recognizing and saying that we cannot enter Heaven on our own. We confess that we have sinned, and believe that He died and rose again so we can be forgiven. Then we invite Him into our hearts and lives to be our Lord. That's what true Christianity is all about.

At the final Judgement, God will judge both according to whether we have believed in Jesus and allowed Him to be Lord, and according to how we conducted ourselves on earth. Those who follow Jesus enter eternal life in Heaven and are rewarded according to their deeds.

Hope this helps!
-Adrienne-

Hello Salim

Judgment day is one of the most controversial issues in Christianity so you won't get one answer. I'm defiantly no expert but from the way I understand it Satan Bound 1000 Years happened at he crucifixion and resurrection it symbolizes Satan’s defeat. The Saints Reign with Christ 1000 Years is from then to the end of time. Satanic Rebellion Crushed the End of time will come at the lowest point of Christianity just before the last of the faithful are about to loose faith. The Great White Throne Judgment the Second coming of Christ and the general Judgment. Revelation is written very cryptically and can't be taken literally.

These might be interesting to checkout

http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p123a12.htm#I (1038-1050)
http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p1s2c2a7.htm#I

Blessed87 said:
I believe that Christians use the phrase, "accept Jesus" too much. It sends the wrong message. It is much more than simply accepting, I can accept anything without believing in it.

Even demons believe God exists and that Jesus is the Christ, God's Son.
"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder." James 2:19

"Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ." Luke 4:41

Demons believed He was the Son of God, but they certainly don't gain access into heaven!

Hope this helps!
-Adrienne-
i know what you are saying. that accept Jesus as your personal savior & you are saved never made sense to me. or say this prayer & you are saved. i dont know who started that.
it probably sounds like hocus pocus to some. We have just heard it for so long, but i never did really believe that way.
it is true what you say even the devil believes & trembles & he is not getting back in.

i believe in fishing. so that means nothing until we go fishing & catch some fish.:)

Woh Nelly to those of you out there that are so "ready" for Judgement Day. All the events supporting the belief that prophesy is being fulllfilled (in a day in age where we are very well aware of psychosomatics) is proof enough that even the greatest of men will put aside their rational mind and let their emotional mind create outcomes.

A great example is the true story of a Philosophy Professor who woke up one morning feeling wonderful and refreshed. On his way into the kitchen his wife asks him if he's feeling okay, because he's looking a little peaked. He tells her he feels great and had a great nights sleep. On the way out the door and to his car his groundskeeper said pretty much the same thing. "You know there's that flu going around". Oh well, no big deal, he knew he was feeling just fine. Once he got to the classroom his students were asking him if he was feeling okay. The Dean later approached him and said maybe he should take a day off. He was looking a little tired and the flu has been going around. By the time he had gotten home and entered the door, he was telling his wife he wasn't feeling so well and just wanted to go upstairs to rest. His wife went up to take his temperature and he did in fact have a bit of a fever. She made a phone call, and shortly after the groundskeeper and Dean where at the door. The three of them went up to the man's room with mild grins on their faces. It happens that the man had told the Dean no one could make him beleive anything. Caught completely off guard, it turns out the man was subject to an April Fools joke and the Dean had asked his students and the man's wife (who asked the groundskeeper) to make suggestive comments to the man about looking as though he wasn't feeling so well and telling him the flu was going around. That night the man went to the guest room and asked that his wife let him rest alone because he really wasn't feeling well. The next morning he was found dead.

What does this tell you?

It tells me that anyone who holds the belief in a Messiah and Dooms Day, even with love in their hearts, believe there is a better place than here, that the best of men will be taken there, and that it is soon to be expected. Every religion in the world that holds a beleif in a Messiah is expecting him within the next 20-50 years, and each of their own professies are playing out. Look it up. Someone can take that to mean all these religions are true, only theirs is true (which is what they each claim), or none of them are true and the truest element in them is that those events prophesised are possible. Possible enough to make happen like a deadly undercurrent of the beleivers best intentions. If those horrid events pan out as so many religions predict (and all different) it will be a sad state of affairs. For each religion also states that their Messiah will come when the people are in the greatest of distress. People know full well what the best actions are for mankind and life in general, yet we continue to sign a death warrant with anything from biological weaponry to simply supporting the consumer use of environmentally damaging goods and behavior. We are told on a regular basis what we would need to do to slow down the deterioration of that which supports life and maybe even reverse it. But do you see people eagerly changing their behaviors? Populations rise, people get busier, more demanding, life is a race to the finish line. People are racing so fast they don't even stop to think that the precious jewel(s) in their lives, their children, may NEED our efforts to fix what has been broken. That thought enters our minds as a people far less than the concern or anticipation for Dooms Day.

It concerns me that there are people who are always "ready". It can't be a healthy perspective. Here you will find someone who is NEVER ready. I say beleivers do their best to preserve this fantasic life supporting earth and not rush their Messiah. It really is like expecting Daddy to set things straight so we don't have to take the initiative and responsibility. Where's the reward in that? Where's the lesson? This afterlife is believed to be for eternity, so what's the rush?

Bull's Eye said:
Woh Nelly to those of you out there that are so "ready" for Judgement Day. All the events supporting the belief that prophesy is being fulllfilled (in a day in age where we are very well aware of psychosomatics) is proof enough that even the greatest of men will put aside their rational mind and let their emotional mind create outcomes.

A great example is the true story of a Philosophy Professor who woke up one morning feeling wonderful and refreshed. On his way into the kitchen his wife asks him if he's feeling okay, because he's looking a little peaked. He tells her he feels great and had a great nights sleep. On the way out the door and to his car his groundskeeper said pretty much the same thing. "You know there's that flu going around". Oh well, no big deal, he knew he was feeling just fine. Once he got to the classroom his students were asking him if he was feeling okay. The Dean later approached him and said maybe he should take a day off. He was looking a little tired and the flu has been going around. By the time he had gotten home and entered the door, he was telling his wife he wasn't feeling so well and just wanted to go upstairs to rest. His wife went up to take his temperature and he did in fact have a bit of a fever. She made a phone call, and shortly after the groundskeeper and Dean where at the door. The three of them went up to the man's room with mild grins on their faces. It happens that the man had told the Dean no one could make him beleive anything. Caught completely off guard, it turns out the man was subject to an April Fools joke and the Dean had asked his students and the man's wife (who asked the groundskeeper) to make suggestive comments to the man about looking as though he wasn't feeling so well and telling him the flu was going around. That night the man went to the guest room and asked that his wife let him rest alone because he really wasn't feeling well. The next morning he was found dead.

What does this tell you?

It tells me that anyone who holds the belief in a Messiah and Dooms Day, even with love in their hearts, believe there is a better place than here, that the best of men will be taken there, and that it is soon to be expected. Every religion in the world that holds a beleif in a Messiah is expecting him within the next 20-50 years, and each of their own professies are playing out. Look it up. Someone can take that to mean all these religions are true, only theirs is true (which is what they each claim), or none of them are true and the truest element in them is that those events prophesised are possible. Possible enough to make happen like a deadly undercurrent of the beleivers best intentions. If those horrid events pan out as so many religions predict (and all different) it will be a sad state of affairs. For each religion also states that their Messiah will come when the people are in the greatest of distress. People know full well what the best actions are for mankind and life in general, yet we continue to sign a death warrant with anything from biological weaponry to simply supporting the consumer use of environmentally damaging goods and behavior. We are told on a regular basis what we would need to do to slow down the deterioration of that which supports life and maybe even reverse it. But do you see people eagerly changing their behaviors? Populations rise, people get busier, more demanding, life is a race to the finish line. People are racing so fast they don't even stop to think that the precious jewel(s) in their lives, their children, may NEED our efforts to fix what has been broken. That thought enters our minds as a people far less than the concern or anticipation for Dooms Day.

It concerns me that there are people who are always "ready". It can't be a healthy perspective. Here you will find someone who is NEVER ready. I say beleivers do their best to preserve this fantasic life supporting earth and not rush their Messiah. It really is like expecting Daddy to set things straight so we don't have to take the initiative and responsibility. Where's the reward in that? Where's the lesson? This afterlife is believed to be for eternity, so what's the rush?
well my belief as a JW is not an after life ,my hope is that the purpose of God will be fullfilled,and that purpose is that people will live forever on a paradise earth . this will be accomplished through the Ransom that Jesus provided and in the end noone will ever have to die . and we can enjoy this earth to the full. Jesus will not come back in the flesh so if people are waiting to see a fleshly Jesus they will have a very long wait ,because he is aready directing his true congregation right now.to inherit the earth ,what is importent is having a rightous standing before our God ,before he puts opposers of his heavenly kingdom goverment out of the way .
Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.........1 corinthians 15;24-26

Bull's Eye said:

this is why we do the best we can in this life & our judgment is being done now, so we do not face the second judgment. Jesus the Messiah has already come & brought this opprtunity & there most definately is a responsiblity & initiative that comes with that.

to not be ready IMO, is a mistake considering in this life, we can be snuffed out in the blink of an eye. So let's all be ready just like Jesus said to be.

Weclome to CR Bull's Eye.:)

Back