Your Favourite Quote

Kindest Regards, PluckyAli!

If I have not already done so, welcome to CR!

Thank you for the start of what could be a great thread!

Perhaps not my favorite, but one that has influenced me greatly over the years:

"question authority"

Hi, PluckyAli--Peace to All Here--

Favorite quote? Favorite quote?? Oh me, oh my--that may be harder than answering what my favorite color or song is.:) Decisions, decisions.....Okay--aside from Scripture---let's see--

Ah, yes--here's one that has got to be in my top five:

"Teach thy tongue to say I do not know and thou shalt progress.--Maimonides

InPeace,
InLove

Thank you for your welcome juantoo3.I appreciate it,this is the first time I have been welcomed to CR. :)

@inlove
That's a good quote.I remember some other quote related to this one.
"Be humble to become wise and after becoming one,be more humble"---Samuel aun weor

Extra-biblically, my favorite quote is my signature

"The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win" - Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang was a master statesman and military strategist of the Three Kingdoms period of China(~189-225 a.d.) He campaigned for the kingdom of Shu, under Han Emperor Liu Bei and his son Liu Chan, against the kingdoms of Wu(led by Sun Quan) and Wei(led by Cao Cao).

That is a good one, too PluckyAli--and, by the way, a belated welcome to CR:) .

Here is another of my favorites--

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

(I like that one because I garden a lot, (especially love herb gardening), and this goes through my mind often when I am trying to decide what to pull up and what to keep. But I also think of it in terms of people--sometimes a person or group of people are looked upon as "weeds" by society, when what they actually have to offer is treasure.

InPeace,
InLove

PluckyAli said:
"When I open my eyes I see you,when I close my eyes I see you."
well then here is another welcome PluckyAli. Weclome to CR:)
i think we spoke once just in passing though.

i dont know what my favorite quote is, but i made this one up awhile back & people seemed to like it.

"when in doubt, step out"

Right now my favorite quote comes from Don Henley and the Eagles which had some personal effect on my life last year from Wasted Time, "Sometimes to keep it together, you have to leave it alone".

My all time favorite comes from one that I know many of you like from a guy named Paul, "Whisper words of wisdom, Let if Be".

I've been digging this Churchill Quote:

"[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened"

Love it!

Or this old chestnut..

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow, dream as if you will live forever"
[/font]

ONE quote?? I've got pages and pages of them...*whimpers* Okay, fine. Here is my current favorite:

"People are always trying to live a life of good and evil. They make pessimism their foundation and then they seek a pure heart. Is she who cares for others right? Is he who opens the door wrong? Only those who stand beyond this point can comprehend the true essence and gain knowledge."
--Wilhelm

Yes...it comes from a video game ^^;; Oh, well. You could say it's paraphrased Nietzsche if you want to look more dignified ^___^

Thankyou for your welcome inlove and bandit.
Vajradhara quote was impressive.

I have a new favourite quote(that's how you can post multiple quotes without breaking rules)

"Love is difficult to find Easy to lose And Hard to forget"

"I never met a man I didn't like." - Will Rogers

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday." - Erma Bombeck

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

One that Ive always found to be true (if only in hindsight)

"Life is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel" Horace Walpole

But my all time favourite would have to be

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" Oscar Wilde

This is a favourite among many atheists and a quote I particularly admire:
[font=Arial, Helvetica][size=-1]
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

(Stephen Roberts)

[/size][/font]

OK, I think my all time favorite would have to be:

"I would rather have a free bottle in front of me, than a pre-frontal lobotomy"

A really close second would be:

"My Karma ran over my Dogma"

And of course, I would be remiss if I didn't quote my favorite toast:

"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends"

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Frank Zappa

Love that BrainyQuote. :)

lunamoth

Sorry y'all, I know this thread is a little old, but I had to bring it up!

K, fav funny quote:
"The journey of a 1000 miles begins with a leaky tire and a broken fan belt."

Fav thoughtful quote:
"I'm better than no one, and no one is better than me."

And last but not least! Fav Elvis(about Elvis) quote:
"He who is not forgotten is not dead."

By Elvis: "I don't sing like nobody, ma'ma."

Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. ~Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince, 1943

All my favourite quotes are latin I'm afraid - my best seller list:

1. tolle lege, tolle lege - take up (the book) and read, take up (the book) and read

2. tantum religio potuit saudere malorum - religion has been able to lead men to commit so many evils - Lucretius

3. dum vivimus,vivamus - while we live, let us live (to the full)

and a little ditty to make you smile

A cupboard love is seldom true
A love sincere is found by few
But its high time for folks to marry
when women woo - lest things miscarry

Back