Bummer

InLove

at peace
Reaction score
Hi, and Peace to All Here,

Today, the Biblical Arts Museum in Dallas burned, and 90% of the artifacts (many were centuries old) were completely lost. No one has said officially, but apparently arson is suspected.:(

The second news story tells of how several area churches have experienced the theft of central air conditioning units. Some have had to close their sanctuaries and meet elsewhere (too hot here with no a/c.) One church has had two units stolen twice, and even though they are insured, their policies are about to be cancelled because I guess they are proving too high a risk. Some of these units are valued at about $12,000 each. The thieves apparently steal the units, not because they need air conditioning, but for the copper wiring inside the units which they can sell as scrap metal for a hundred or so bucks apiece.:mad:

No wonder I am looking forward to the day I can move away from the DFW metroplex.

InPeace,
InLove

Some have done this with old sewing machines (Singer I think) that has precious metal in them. They would kill someone who owned one, just for the metal in it & not for the machine.

Yes it is a bummer when this happens.

Back